Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

Cat Fish Or Poultry Farming;which One Is More Profitable? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cat Fish Or Poultry Farming;which One Is More Profitable? (1845 Views)

Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / Tilapia And Cat Fish Coming Out Of The Ground In Delta After The Rain (Photos) / Fishery Or Poultry; Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cat Fish Or Poultry Farming;which One Is More Profitable? by Ditala(m): 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
Pals,I'm just about to retire from active service and therefore requesting you to pls kindly advice me on any one of the above business that I could venture into,in order to makes ends meet.To be candid,the environment in which I stay,is nothing compared to an Urban area but very Rural.
Re: Cat Fish Or Poultry Farming;which One Is More Profitable? by delishpot: 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2016
Poultry makes sense. You can supply people in town. Go look for clients in food industry.

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Or Poultry Farming;which One Is More Profitable? by alakara(m): 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Poultry makes sense but it's not a quick money venture. Firstly, get your business plan well and your market.
Re: Cat Fish Or Poultry Farming;which One Is More Profitable? by otunbadan(m): 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
I think you should first focus and write a business plan. It's not just dictating which is more profitable but there are systems in play and details that can chop or boost profitability. Eg lack of fresh water in fishery or dearth of access to feed or vaccine in poultr (eg the feed depot is too far from your farm). So my brother/sister, investigate fully with a well researched business plan. Both are profitable and both can ruin you also. Have a nice Dai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cat Fish Or Poultry Farming;which One Is More Profitable? by Nicogen4us(f): 5:08am On Sep 10, 2016
Ditala:
Pals,I'm just about to retire from active service and therefore requesting you to pls kindly advice me on any one of the above business that I could venture into,in order to makes ends meet.To be candid,the environment in which I stay,is nothing compared to an Urban area but very Rural.
Based on the post and little explanation I will say you need a knowledgeable consultant assistant to help you with the area market survey with the available resources you have for proper guide and risk management. The other is which everyone you eventually chose what is your own experience and knowledge about it? if you don't have that knowledge it require such consultant can help you through by giving you the mentorship under some months and you will take it up from there. please don't go into Agro allied without a good foundational knowledge so as not to lose your money. For more you can check my past posts on Nairaland to know more of me. thanks

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Or Poultry Farming;which One Is More Profitable? by Ditala(m): 8:32am On Sep 10, 2016
otunbadan:
I think you should first focus and write a business plan. It's not just dictating which is more profitable but there are systems in play and details that can chop or boost profitability. Eg lack of fresh water in fishery or dearth of access to feed or vaccine in poultr (eg the feed depot is too far from your farm). So my brother/sister, investigate fully with a well researched business plan. Both are profitable and both can ruin you also. Have a nice Dai.
Re: Cat Fish Or Poultry Farming;which One Is More Profitable? by cyber999: 10:16am On Sep 11, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Cassava Planter / TOMATO FARMING INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY / Where Can I Buy Egusi In Bulk In Yoruba Land?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.