Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US (40077 Views)

Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait / Kehinde Wiley Paints Obama’s Official Portrait (Photos) / Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by buffalowings: 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
everydayperson:

if not for colonial blood you think you will not still be eating agbalumo from mango trees with poo stickingout your unwashed yanshes

Must you talk

Wet in consign you
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by horrmorr(m): 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
This is 5alivestic not fanta
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by bukster(f): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
everydayperson:

if not for colonial blood you think you will not still be eating agbalumo from mango trees with poo stickingout your unwashed yanshes

Speak for yourself! Ancient Yoruba art way before colonization is considered highly advanced for its time and has been compared to ancient Roman and Greek art many times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by YourNemesis: 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Talent.... shocked cool shocked cool
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by gidjah(m): 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
Honestly I am wowed! !you mean this is free hand sketching abi na photo shop things
... . .
This is great
Haute:
He's got gifted hands.
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by flokii: 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2016
Really nice..

Naija is just blessed with talents #proudlyNaija
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by NevetsIbot(m): 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
Baba mi... My tribal brother.. Omo oduduwa to mu ile ro. Ori e pe ju. Owo meji fun enikan!

Guy! I salute you.

#Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by yhemsy62(m): 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
kuldude29:
I must chop bet9ja 2mrw
Hope say you no carry psg
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by kenoz(m): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nice artwork
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by Gemc3(f): 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
Lovely. What of Taiwo?
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by outstandingsyll(f): 12:05am On Sep 10, 2016
Please call my cute friend henry, its his birthday and will be his last cos he has cancer cry 08090833733. God bless you!
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by sukkot: 12:26am On Sep 10, 2016
DaveHert:

Nigerians and superstitious believes, must u make something out of nothing. He is simply going for an exuberant pose while exhibiting confidence in his stance. The hand gesture was obviously done unconsciously. Don't u think he would have looked stiff or lame if both arms were just idling by his side? Why not acknowledge him for his talents.
oh really ? lolzzz, and i do acknowledge his talents but am telling you those are the talents of an illuminated person. that aint no ordinary nigga. his spirit is in sync with a higher dimension. he is illuminated.
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by sade1994(f): 12:26am On Sep 10, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Nope , you are beautiful

smileythanks
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by Eggcelent(m): 5:55am On Sep 10, 2016
Very impressive works. One wonders if he would have fulfilled (part of) his potentials if he had grown up in Nigeria. Nigerians are exceptional. We need only to create the enabling environment
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by tianshie(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2016
When some homophobic commenters on this thread (and there's a huge chunk of y'all) find out he's gay, I wonder if you're going to re-set the lens through which you see him. Hypocrisy appears to be a national ailment.
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 10, 2016
Khd95:
Name checkedgrin

region identifiedgrin

talent verifiedgrin

NCA verdict:he is a descendant of oduduwa,a very talented father of the yoruba nation,with sons across the lenght and breath of earthgrincheesy,so NCA is not surprised at this rare and raw talented young man

Ode nie grin grin grin
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by DaveHert(m): 8:45am On Sep 10, 2016
sukkot:
oh really ? lolzzz, and i do acknowledge his talents but am telling you those are the talents of an illuminated person. that aint no ordinary nigga. his spirit is in sync with a higher dimension. he is illuminated.

LMFAO!!! cheesy cheesy grin you are one paranoid fellow....can't stop laughing.
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by sukkot: 8:53am On Sep 10, 2016
DaveHert:

LMFAO!!! cheesy cheesy grin you are one paranoid fellow....can't stop laughing.
joke is on you brah grin
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by nocera(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
He obviously copy-painted some of those portraits from photographs of the persons (images) portrayed here. One must have a steady hand and razor-sharp eyesight to be able to reproduce what he sees. Excellent one.
Re: Kehinde Wiley, Nigerian Talented Naturalistic Painter Making Waves In The US by Oluwashida00(f): 10:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
kuldude29:
I must chop bet9ja 2mrw

How's was it grin
kuldude29:
I must chop bet9ja 2mrw

How's was it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Pictures) / Ebegbulem Promise Ebere Draws Femi Otedola (Photos) / Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.