Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) (2248 Views)

Quelea Quelea Bird Attack On My Ofada Rice Farm In 2017 / What Type Of Cucumber Is This? (pics) / Out Break Of Bird Flu Detected In A Farm In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by soberdrunk(m): 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
I saw this bird in my compound last week and didnt pay attention to it, two days later i saw about four of the same bird in my backyard, it is about the size of a medium chicken but flies very well like an eagle, it doesnt scare easily and it makes strange noises, after my investigation i discovered there is a large population of this bird in the empty land right next to my compound. My colleague said its a 'duck' but i doubt it because of the size and the area where it has made its home is 'absolutely' dry. The question is should i call the fummigation guys, a pastor or buy "peppersoup things"?? grin grin

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Laryne(m): 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2016
Your village people are close by. ..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
Wild ducks

1 Like

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by dacovajnr: 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
They're Wild ducks ..they migrate to swampy areas during rainy season in search of food..(a type of small snails) to be precise and they're good for consumption..if u sabi chop am...Poster above..is there a duck specie that doesn't fly?

5 Likes

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by soberdrunk(m): 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2016
dacovajnr:
They're Wild ducks

Edible?
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by dacovajnr: 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
I modified my post already..so you can check it out..

1 Like

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by mhizAnnie(f): 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2016
Op those Edo people u have offended are here for u...lol JK

I just showed the picture to someone and she said the birds are edible

2 Likes

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by soberdrunk(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
mhizAnnie:
Op those Edo people u have offended are here for u...lol JK

I just showed the picture to someone and she said the birds are edible

Thank u ooo! Nah to put enough gulder 4 fridge, tomorrow morning nah hunting and afternoon nah bbq, i 4 invite u come chop but u sound like someone with a huge appetite... angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
Looks like a mallard duck.

1 Like

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by mhizAnnie(f): 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
soberdrunk:

Thank u ooo! Nah to put enough gulder 4 fridge, tomorrow morning nah hunting and afternoon nah bbq, i 4 invite u come chop but u sound like someone with a huge appetite... angry angry

Op naso u stingy?
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by soberdrunk(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
mhizAnnie:

Op naso u stingy?

My brother in this era everybody 'stingy'! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Nickymezor(f): 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
Laryne:
Your village people are close by. ..
grin grin... no b small ur villlage ppl re close by

1 Like

Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Idydarling(f): 2:28am On Sep 26, 2016
soberdrunk:
The question is should i call the fummigation guys, a pastor or buy "peppersoup things"?? grin grin
buy peppersoup things... thank me later☺ ☺ ☺
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by lonelydora: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
soberdrunk:

Can't stop laughing at this comment.
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Gric: 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
Idydarling:
Mbiong ano Op ideas.
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Gric: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
Idydarling:
Mbiong ano Op ideas.
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Afrikfarmintl(m): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2019
it is a special breed of duck. it is known by the name ghanian grove duck , I have some for sale..... you can call me and whatsapp for the pictures 07065355819
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by sholay2011(m): 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
soberdrunk:

Edible?
Jesus...
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Kmaliafarms(f): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2019
Please this is one wild life duck that should be conserved. It is called the white faced Whistling duck. You can check it out online. It is endemic to sub saharan Africa.
There are many types of whistling ducks but this can be found in Nigeria and they are migratory birds that love water. You are lucky you can see them close up.
I hope you don't allow them mingle with your birds though as wild waterfowl are reservoirs for Avian flu.
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Aremolekunowo(m): 12:34am On Oct 25, 2019
Get a good catapult kill them and eat
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by OiOi: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
soberdrunk:

Edible?
pepper soup
Re: Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos) by Baroba(m): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
Aremolekunowo:
Get a good catapult kill them and eat

Naija man, Kai everything na kill and chop cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Guess The Rate This 427kg big Pig Was Sold Today And Get 5k Reward / I Want To Start Mushroom Business, How Profitable Is It? / Soybean Processing Plant Can Bring Us Different Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.