Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

How Can I Remove Read More And Excerpt In Homepage Wp - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Remove Read More And Excerpt In Homepage Wp (370 Views)

Please Help! My Website Can't Load More Than The Homepage / How Can I Remove My Picture From My Gmail / How To Migrate Your Blog From Blogger To WP Without Loosing Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Remove Read More And Excerpt In Homepage Wp by Prospecmarley(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
how can i do dat pls
Re: How Can I Remove Read More And Excerpt In Homepage Wp by godofbrowser(m): 12:24am On Sep 10, 2016
Your template generates all that. You can Edith the way read-more would be displayed quickly if u have knowledge of php. Just edit the "functions.php" file
Re: How Can I Remove Read More And Excerpt In Homepage Wp by Prospecmarley(m): 6:21am On Sep 10, 2016
godofbrowser:
Your template generates all that. You can Edith the way read-more would be displayed quickly if u have knowledge of php. Just edit the "functions.php" file
how can i do it so that only the post title and feature image will show in home
Re: How Can I Remove Read More And Excerpt In Homepage Wp by godofbrowser(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2016
Prospecmarley:
how can i do it so that only the post title and feature image will show in home

First of all, are you a programmer?
If yes, then open your website template files. Look for the template-part named "content-post.php". Look for a function named "templatename_excerpt()" for example if your template name is naija, look for "naija_excerpt()". And comment that function. In WordPress naming convention, that's always the name of the function either returning the excerpt and read-more, or echoing it.
Re: How Can I Remove Read More And Excerpt In Homepage Wp by godofbrowser(m): 9:23am On Sep 10, 2016
Sorry, I forgot u said removing from homepage alone. In that case, instead of commenting the function, just wrap it inside this if statement "if(! Is_home()) { //put the excerpt function in here //}"
Re: How Can I Remove Read More And Excerpt In Homepage Wp by Prospecmarley(m): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
godofbrowser:
Sorry, I forgot u said removing from homepage alone. In that case, instead of commenting the function, just wrap it inside this if statement "if(! Is_home()) { //put the excerpt function in here //}"
lemme try

(1) (Reply)

Abeg Who Fit Help Me Design One Simple Logo? I'm Out Of Cash / Which Device Do You Use For Blogging? / 3 Job Seekers Needed For Posting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.