Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out (638 Views)

Mass Communication Students: All Levels' Help Needed. Help A Newbie. / Studying In India?? Please Advice Needed!! / NAIRALANDERS. Assistant On Project Needed. Help Me On It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by itskings1: 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hello, NL

I got admission to study forestry and widelife management,

But what i wanted to study is soil sc

Now am done with 100lvl,

I dont realy know much about the two course

And am contemplating on this forestry, its a 5 yr course, with 1 yr IT, fixed inside the five year,

I.e, yu will go for IT, 3 time,,

1st IT is after your 200lvl second semester, u go for 3 month IT

2nd one is in 3oolvl second semester ending, u go for anoda 3 months

Then in 400lvl, you go For the normal 6 month IT, , then when u return, from the 400 IT, yu, will defend every thing from 200 - 400, [Chai, its hard 4 me]

Av realy gotten to like the forestry course bt, its looks stressfull with all those

Bt, i realy looking at the labour market and what the future holds,

My planning to switch to soil sc and land resources mgt, is nt yet concluded,

Pls i need your advice, which is more needed in the labour market, and which do u think is betta,

I dont wanto regret anything, leaving forestry

Cus, we only have one chance and no goin bak,

Pls note that my wanting leaving forestry is nt bcus of the IT, its bcus of the labour market,

FORESTRY AND Widelife mgt VS, Soil science and land resource mgt

Thanks , ignore my typo
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by itskings1: 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
Admin pls put this on fp

Cc: lalastic, thanks
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
Follow your mind bro. God has a masterplan turn to him for directions,

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by itskings1: 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
Donharrie:
Follow your mind bro. God has a masterplan turn to him for directions,

Bro seriously i dont knw my mind
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by charleff512(m): 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
itskings1:
Hello, NL

I got admission to study forestry and widelife management,

But what i wanted to study is soil sc

Now am done with 100lvl,

I dont realy know much about the two course

And am contemplating on this forestry, its a 5 yr course, with 1 yr IT, fixed inside the five year,

I.e, yu will go for IT, 3 time,,

1st IT is after your 200lvl second semester, u go for 3 month IT

2nd one is in 3oolvl second semester ending, u go for anoda 3 months

Then in 400lvl, you go For the normal 6 month IT, , then when u return, from the 400 IT, yu, will defend every thing from 200 - 400, [Chai, its hard 4 me]

Av realy gotten to like the forestry course bt, its looks stressfull with all those

Bt, i realy looking at the labour market and what the future holds,

My planning to switch to soil sc and land resources mgt, is nt yet concluded,

Pls i need your advice, which is more needed in the labour market, and which do u think is betta,

I dont wanto regret anything, leaving forestry

Cus, we only have one chance and no goin bak,

Pls note that my wanting leaving forestry is nt bcus of the IT, its bcus of the labour market,

FORESTRY AND Widelife mgt VS, Soil science and land resource mgt

Thanks , ignore my typo

My brother it is good that you are thinking of the future but my simple advice is
one: make the best use of the IT periods to gain wholistic knowlwdge about Forestry
two: try to get a place in that international institute for tropical agriculture in Ibadan
three: Make a good degree grade.As a HR person now we consider mostly first degree.The rest is training
Finally:Let God lead you.work towards setting up yourself and not looking for job.God bless
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by khristal87(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Bro, both courses re gud, @ 500l we wia all argueing wch agric course s more marketable,,, some went to animal prod like me, ma frend soil sci, some agric econs ext, and crop.... Most f us re stil jobless afta 3 yrs even wif veri gud grades dts ma own experience.... Lesson jst do any course dt comes ur way n get d best grade out f it... Leave d rest fe God
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by itskings1: 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
charleff512:

My brother it is good that you are thinking of the future but my simple advice is
one: make the best use of the IT periods to gain wholistic knowlwdge about Forestry
two: try to get a place in that international institute for tropical agriculture in Ibadan
three: Make a good degree grade.As a HR person now we consider mostly first degree.The rest is training
Finally:Let God lead you.work towards setting up yourself and not looking for job.God bless
sorry wats HR, ,
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
Really?
itskings1:

Bro seriously i dont knw my mind
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by charleff512(m): 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2016
itskings1:
sorry wats HR, ,

Human Resource Managers are people in charge of recruiting manpower for different industries.
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by itskings1: 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
Donharrie:
Really?

bro i swear, the tin de do me double mind
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by itskings1: 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2016
charleff512:

Human Resource Managers are people in charge of recruiting manpower for different industries.
do u mean 1st degree or class
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
itskings1:
bro i swear, the tin de do me double mind

The lord will lead you through, just make sure you do your best in all. The rest will be taken care of.
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by charleff512(m): 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
itskings1:
do u mean 1st degree or class

Try to make at least a second class degree.That is 2:1 or 2:2.
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by charleff512(m): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
khristal87:
Bro, both courses re gud, @ 500l we wia all argueing wch agric course s more marketable,,, some went to animal prod like me, ma frend soil sci, some agric econs ext, and crop.... Most f us re stil jobless afta 3 yrs even wif veri gud grades dts ma own experience.... Lesson jst do any course dt comes ur way n get d best grade out f it... Leave d rest fe God

Well said!
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by Mille: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
I am a graduate of animal science. (Animal Production and Health)

Basically speaking, Soil science is more lucrative than Forestry. But in Nigeria, both have very limited employment opportunities though one can still argue that an SSLM grad still has more chance than that of FWM.

But in developed countries where you stand a much better chance, SSLM still beat it handsdown. Both belong under the STEM degrees which are in high demand. But with SSLM, you stand a chance of delving into related careers such as Agroecology, Organic Agriculture etc. I am not sure of FWM as I have no idea.

In my own case, I have changed from a career path of Animal science to one that encompasses Agroecology, Food science, Organic Agriculture, Agribusiness, Supply Chain and Sustainable Agriculture.

But hey, you remind me of myself. I so much hated my course back then that I tried to leave even after 200L. But look at it now, I developed an interest later on, looked for ways to get a career out of it and boom. I wouldn't change it for anyother one right now.
Re: Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out by abdulskulboy(m): 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
go for what you knw best, thats the first step of choosing career, i wish u the best.

(1) (Reply)

South African Minister To Introduce B.sc In Witchcraft Into Education System / Free Courses For Teachers, Tutors, Lecturers And Professionals / Please When Will Waec Release G.c.e 2016/2017 Results?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.