Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

$550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees (33834 Views)

$550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles / Frozen Account: Ozekhome Kicks, Says Fayose Paid Me N75m As Legal Fees / Godson Nnaka The Notorious Legal Robber Had Put To Shame In Us Court! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by pyxon(m): 11:21am On Sep 11, 2016
LMFashions:

Abeg park go one side. If u can comprehend u'll understand but unfortunately u don't. So what does dat make u?

Dumb double digit IQ Afonja kids everywhere. What you typed first time didn't make sense. your 2nd comment still makes no sense. I see you're dumb 24hrs a day, not just when you're hungry

3 Likes

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by truthspeaks: 11:24am On Sep 11, 2016
It's nt hate. It's d fact dat dis govt has lost all sense of integrity n credibility. They cnt be trusted not even Buhari who is a 'confirmed scammer'.
agabusta:

Take it easy oh, hate is making you lose your sense of good reasoning. So you prefer the American govt to confiscate money belonging to Nigeria in such a time where the country needs all the foreign exchange they can lay their hand on?

Where is your sense of patriotism. It's your kind that will still go about screaming that things are hard, whereas it's your wish day and night for the govt to fail.

And when American govt confiscate the money, will your Igboman get a dime?

Smh, indeed, it is the one that hates that suffers eventually.

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by pyxon(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2016
agabusta:

You are taking over the duties of the court. Let the court decide. You don't have the facts of the circumstances and you can't just make these assertions from your enclave.

If indeed, a contract was signed with him, then the FG is bound by that contract. I mentioned something similar earlier.

But if the FG is saying such does not exist, it is left for the courts to look at the merits of the case and then take a stand.

Look at you claiming on nairaland that a contract was signed with him.

Did u see the contract yourself Pls desist from making assertions on issues you don't have the facts.

Let the courts decide. Thank God it is a court of a neutral country, known for equity.

The only thing here is Nigeria are attempting to breach a contract. If you don't have the brain power to summarize the whole episode to this single statement, then its either something is wrong with your comprehensive skills or you are an Afonja zombie

2 Likes

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by akilo1: 11:26am On Sep 11, 2016
wheredemdey:
Chaiii

See money oooo

I trust this igbo man... Nigeria must pay him for his services.... After all the dull man is being paid for being dull... Same with his senile myriad of incompetent ministers.

Show no mercy to the Nigerian govt... Thank goodness the case is in America where things work... I prefer the American government takes the entire money than for the sillllly mundane overtly incompetent Nigerian govt headed by the mega inborn factory fitted colossal dull man to deny this igboman of his rightful 40%
son of hate,you dey dull yourself everyday

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by FLYFIRE(m): 11:27am On Sep 11, 2016
Osama10:
And somebody said Abacha never stole.
Yes oo...buhari said Abacha never touched Nigeria's kobo

5 Likes

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by Zico5(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2016
wheredemdey:
Chaiii

See money oooo

I trust this igbo man... Nigeria must pay him for his services.... After all the dull man is being paid for being dull... Same with his senile myriad of incompetent ministers.

Show no mercy to the Nigerian govt... Thank goodness the case is in America where things work... I prefer the American government takes the entire money than for the sillllly mundane overtly incompetent Nigerian govt headed by the mega inborn factory fitted colossal dull man to deny this igboman of his rightful 40%
I don't know why our people from the other side of the Niger are like this. No conscience whatsoever. I bet it they are attracting more enemies than friends. I don't think any region will place their future in the hand of thieves.
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by tee4naija(m): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2016
I am not a law expert but I am sure this guy will lose out in d end if care is not taken. Nowhere in d world where u can charge this much in a contract.

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by meccuno: 11:39am On Sep 11, 2016
agabusta:

Take it easy oh, hate is making you lose your sense of good reasoning. So you prefer the American govt to confiscate money belonging to Nigeria in such a time where the country needs all the foreign exchange they can lay their hand on?

Where is your sense of patriotism. It's your kind that will still go about screaming that things are hard, whereas it's your wish day and night for the govt to fail.

u are just speaking grammar. The man should be paid full stop. Was he the one who told abacha to steal the money? After all, they had an agreement before he offered his services. Stop being unreasonably unrealistic and aa sadist
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by Youngzedd(m): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2016
A criminal recovering money Looted by a criminal.

220 million dollars for ya

Chai! Daris .... Ooooh
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by seangy4konji: 11:55am On Sep 11, 2016
You see..old man ddemanding for 40 & from that kain money...

When you nigga demands for 20%..Just give him jeje...

Every body na thief...which jkain funeral or birthday party he wan do to request for 40...hin don forget how many people deh Nigeria weh he himself wwant 40

Them soppose stylishly invite am come Nigeria make we throw am inside bar beach.
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by DonCortino: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2016
My own is that buhari should not near that money. Since he said abacha is not kwarrupt!

2 Likes

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by Umennajiego(m): 11:57am On Sep 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This guy is a bastard. did he say 40% or 4%? It is better for the money to idle away than to give in to the legal thief.

Money wey Abacha "suffer" thief Na this man wan take 40%. Ole
after all the stress to thief the money this idiot wan take 40%
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by Rexnegro(m): 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
agabusta:
This is getting more interesting. This guy may actually win this case in the US, if the Nigerian govt indeed signed contract papers with him. Chai! Thats some serious cash.

He may in turn also have to pay 40% to the lawyer that assists him with the case smiley smiley
notwithstanding bro that percentage is too much...not even 5percent at most 7percent...na only him be lawyer for This world wey Good?

2 Likes

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
The ONLY difference between ABACHA & NNAKA is ''6 and half a dozen''.....both are core kleptos!

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by ehinja: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
The issue here is who signed in the first place on behalf of the Nigerian government to give Mr.Nnaka 40% of the loot?

That person or persons are the real mischief makers and their motive must be understood before anything else.

Mr.Nnaka negotiated a contract and whatever was agreed to be paid to him should be paid to him accordingly if he actually fulfilled his own part of the contract.

4 Likes

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by LMFashions: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
pyxon:

Dumb double digit IQ Afonja kids everywhere. What you typed first time didn't make sense. your 2nd comment still makes no sense. I see you're dumb 24hrs a day, not just when you're hungry

Chaiii... in as much as u are my brother truly ur illiteracy no be here. Go back and read my first post
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by iamrealdeji(m): 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Check the man's head. It would be flat like they flattened it with pressing iron. That's what they do,they're very greedy human beings
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by ikenga67: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
For the guy to be able to tie this down in court means he has a legitimate contingency fee arrangement with the Nigerian government. Contingency fee representation is usually 33 -40 percent. But it is usually used in cases where the expectations of recovery is remote and the amount to be recovered not known and usually to be negotiated or fixed by a jury. Also it is used mainly by people that cannot afford attorney's fees. It is shocking that the Nigerian government will enter into contingency agreements in the first place, and to use such arrangement in this situation (where such huge amount is involved and the major work of discovering and segregating the money is already done by the US govt and all that Nigeria needed to do was make the simple case that the money should be returned) is criminal.
I see everyone dumping on the greedy lawyer but seriously the major culprits here are the Nigerian officials that agreed to the fee arrangement. It can only be with an eye to a share of the fees that they could have entered into such manifestly wrong contract.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by ohenhen1: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
He is a crooks.
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by dozmok(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
E beta make dat money stay dea, cus once that loot enter dis country, another Abacha go loot am again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
ghostmist:
I think you're the bastard here...those Nigerian legal aids trying to one-up him are also bastards ...its like this your Igbo hatred ish don wake up again as usual.

This is a purely business transaction. without his help the government won't be getting any money in the first place.

And coupled with the Nigerian thieves trying to shortchange him right in the middle of the deal...?

why would the Nigerian government refuse to honour the agreement? if na oyibo now dem go rush pay d money sharp sharp... but since he's a Nigerian and also from that side they all love to hate, they think they can cheat him out of his right and get away with it.

Mehn, if it were me, I'd be asking for 60%

Wadafvck!!
Why do some of you display emotional immaturity, claiming tribal victimisation and always resorting to tribal card?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by planetx: 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
There is still $20 billion of this Abacha's loot to be recovered in the next 18 months shocked. And your president said he never stole a kobo, this man loots never ends?

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by Ojiofor: 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
My brother abeg collect your share while its still HOT!

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by omobritiko: 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
agabusta:

Who cares if you are among the irrelevant 5%??

May all your negative wishes for others return to you 10 folds.

The case is already before a competent court, why are you turning yourself to the judge, pronouncing who is right and who isn't?

Your resort to abuses shows how shallow and silly you are. Before the very eyes of you hateful lots, Nigeria will progress.

GOD BLESS U
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by omobritiko: 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
meccuno:
u are just speaking grammar. The man should be paid full stop. Was he the one who told abacha to steal the money? After all, they had an agreement before he offered his services. Stop being unreasonably unrealistic and aa sadist

Anytime you open your mouth and say Nigeria is a bad country or u get tired of the bad system the thunder that will fire u is just behind u...so because he's igbo and I assume u are one too,he should be paid 40% of looted funds,he must be paid but 40% from the whole amount doesn't make sense,does it make sense to u?think like someone that is getting nothing from the 40%---stop being stupid

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by camaraderi(m): 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
The said lawyer is a crook for demanding 40% as his fees. One wonders why he did not ask for a retainer fee or charge per hour. He could have been paid his fees long ago and there will not be any need for this thread. Na God catch cos who knows when the case will come up for hearing in a court, No one to serve US court papers. If I were him I will just settle out of court.

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by dapsonlou(m): 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
agabusta:
This is getting more interesting. This guy may actually win this case in the US, if the Nigerian govt indeed signed contract papers with him. Chai! Thats some serious cash.

He may in turn also have to pay 40% to the lawyer that assists him with the case smiley smiley

33% is the legal fee you can charge a Client in the US, only Ambulance chasers Lawyers get 50% and that's because the case is fraud to begin with. He's definitely sharing that 40% with Who ever gave him the case.

5 Likes

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by ahbey(m): 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Remember what this man said...he said he has been on this since 2013...who knows when he was contracted to do this for us....so if he's demanding that amount, I think he knows what he's doing. Mr. Malami should seek wisdom on how to handle this....Thanks.
Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by Larryfest(m): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
You all are just blaming the igbo man asking for 40% but what about the ones over here who wants kickback at all cost ..... Naija i bow oo.

2 Likes

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by meccuno: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
omobritiko:

Anytime you open your mouth and say Nigeria is a bad country or u get tired of the bad system the thunder that will fire u is just behind u...so because he's igbo and I assume u are one too,he should be paid 40% of looted funds,he must be paid but 40% from the whole amount doesn't make sense,does it make sense to u?think like someone that is getting nothing from the 40%---stop being stupid
what has my tribe got to do with the issue? Why talk like your parents are dead. Would you go into a contract while you are high on weed? Were their eyes not open when they were signing the contract?I am tempted to call you a foo.l or an imbe.cile but I would hold my peace. When you have dumb government officials who sign contracts like these is that my fault? Abeg they pay the man his money. Forming nonexistent patriotism. GTF out......

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by Doghari: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
agabusta:

Why was your own sense of patriotism when you were voting a divisive dull idiot to be your president just because he hated Igbos and SS.
That 40% contract must be fully respected to the latter.

If a dull idiot doghari can be paid billions with fleets of jets just for being dull, literate lawyers who sweat to get their certificates deserve 40% of the funds they helped to repatriate.

1 Like

Re: $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees by Doghari: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
PassingShot:
So this guy is basically asking to be paid $220 million!

No wonder we are where we are. This man is just too greedy, unpatriotic and unreasonable.

And I read that Malami is equally asking to be paid (though he denied the allegation but ....). If true, when will all this nonsense stop?

It is better than giving the money to an iiterate Almajiris who will end up spending it on his presidential jets and buy Air tickets worth millions of naira for his children to london. Zahra and her siblings spend 10 million naira on each trip to london.

No matter the trillions repratriated it will never trickle down to a single poor nigerian, we all know this. The man deserves his wages. It was signed in black and white, and it is LEGAL. Go to hell with your patriotism to a murderous feudal and nepotist regime.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation Supporters Storm UN HQ In New York, Demand Referendum (Video) / Governor Ambode Dancing Shoki At The One-Lagos-Fiesta / How Buhari Will Assign Ministerial Portfolios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.