Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. (5013 Views)

What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 12:03am On Sep 10, 2016
Vick4rill:
u just change the statement

I gave you a reply,didn't I?

Question; How did you become a christian? What made you believe Jesus died for you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by Vick4rill(m): 12:11am On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

I gave you a reply,didn't I?

Question; How did you become a christian? What made you believe Jesus died for you?
let me rephrase my previous question:HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT A HUMAN MIND CAN NOT BE CREATED??
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 10, 2016
EyeHateGod:

U that u are intelligent pls tell Us where u hear Something came out from noting if u can't do this with proof u are a hypocrite and a Big fool

Lol, my guy cheesy
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by Vick4rill(m): 12:13am On Sep 10, 2016
EyeHateGod:

U rakes stupidity & ignorance

Why didn't u look up the internet for this things? Instead of making false assumption? Please i want to know the Atheist or Scientist that Said "Something Came out of noting" if u can't do this then u a Hypocrite!! A big fool and a liar!
have a nice day
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 12:20am On Sep 10, 2016
Vick4rill:
let me rephrase my previous question:HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT A HUMAN MIND CAN NOT BE CREATED??

The human mind is connected to the human consciousness. The Mind serve as an antenna to the Conscious Energy which is constant. A mobile phone needs a Sim card to function,Sim card is connected to the internet wave. The mind is a bank of information,exactly what religious folks call the Soul.

Look it up Google if do think I am not credible enough to tell you what you don't know.

And answer my questions.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by EyeHateGod: 1:21am On Sep 10, 2016
Vick4rill:
have a nice day
[size=44pt]HYPOCRITE[/size]
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by johnydon22(m): 5:35am On Sep 10, 2016
Vick4rill:
jonnydon, i have read ur post and i must commend, that u are one of the most reasonable atheist on this forum. i want u to use this illustrations and decify wat i am saying: if a teacher in a class tells the class that 2+2= 5 and a student in that class decided to object and give so much reasons why that answer is not correct, bt failed to present a correct answer. wat will u do as a member of that class? atheist dispute the existance of gods bt failed to explains the existance of the universe. just as any reasonable students in that class will nt accept "nothing" as an answer so also will theist. accepting the boy refusal with out an answer will not help the student on the correct answer to write on exam day.

I’d rather say "I don't know" than hold on to an incorrect answer.... it is not a "Must" that you should have an answer rather what matters is the correctness.

Our progress should be judged by the depth of our question and the sincerity of our answers and in our tendency to agree with what is true rather than what feels good or what we want so bad to be true

On a second note : The existence of the universe is not limited to the 'god' explanation, it is a primitive superstition, unconfirmed and unproven, postulated by men of little means.

If one assert that for something to exist it must require a god then god cannot exist without another god and so we go into an infinite regress of god causalities.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by DeSepiero(m): 6:23am On Sep 10, 2016
jmichlins:
I don't believe in chance cause am not a product of chance

Unfortunately, you are a product of Chance.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by DeSepiero(m): 6:37am On Sep 10, 2016
Vick4rill:
wat can of fear are u talking about? u want me to foolishly accept the claims that this "universe comes on its own".? haba! guy think na? wat cause the first cell? how can everytin that aids human life just evolve by chance?? am not here in support of any god. all am saying is that if the cause of the universe is nt certain for over a billion years now, it will be a very foolish decision, to dispute every other gods. let me hold unto yahweh! i am far better than sumbody who is nt holding any one.

I don't want you to foolishly accept any bogus claim of the Universe coming on its own.
Many people just like you live under the fear that eternal torture and damnation would be ones fate should one try to question his religious beliefs or subject ones faith to scrutiny.
Hear yourself saying " let me hold to Yahweh". Why??
OK let me ask, why do you say 'its very foolish to dispute every other gods?'
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hopefulLandlord: 6:56am On Sep 10, 2016
Vick4rill:
[color=#990000][/color] guy a vishnu worshiper has far greater chance than u are. if atlast vinshu is the maker of this world he is certain of been save, if atlast yahweh design this world i am certain of been save. the thing that fears me most abt u guys is that: u debunk all gods and refuse to bring answers to our curiosity. every religious persons have 1% chance of been save unlike atheist.

1/5000 is far less than 1% more like 0.005%

oh! and all Muslims would be just as doomed as me if Yahweh happens to be the true god no matter how good they spent their lives, those Vishnu worshippers would also share the same fate

now what if the true creator of the universe happens not to care about afterlife and when we die we stay dead?

what if those Deists are right?

Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by DeSepiero(m): 7:02am On Sep 10, 2016
I wonder where HopefulLandlord gets his memes from grin
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by raphieMontella: 10:15am On Sep 10, 2016
Vick4rill:
wat can of fear are u talking about? u want me to foolishly accept the claims that this "universe comes on its own".? haba! guy think na? wat cause the first cell? how can everytin that aids human life just evolve by chance??
do u know..your existence as a person is a product of chance?
How the hell does fertilization occur?

am not here in support of any god. all am saying is that if the cause of the universe is nt certain for over a billion years now, it will be a very foolish decision, to dispute every other gods. let me hold unto yahweh! i am far better than sumbody who is nt holding any one.
this is a lame assertion..honestly..
What makes u better?
Living a life of fear?
Or holding unto ''faith''?
am yet to understand the supposed ''better'' which you claim..
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by raphieMontella: 10:22am On Sep 10, 2016
Vick4rill:
[color=#990000][/color] guy a vishnu worshiper has far greater chance than u are. if atlast vinshu is the maker of this world he is certain of been save, if atlast yahweh design this world i am certain of been save.
saved from what exactly?
And who judges the ''animals''?

the thing that fears me most abt u guys is that: u debunk all gods and refuse to bring answers to our curiosity. every religious persons have 1% chance of been save unlike atheist.
whats the haste about?
In moses's era..if i told you a volcanic eruption was not God/a God's anger...wont you laugh hard?
How old is science anyway?
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by raphieMontella: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

Your mind never stops working even when you sleep. How did I know? Awareness.
ifenes...a question..
If ''you'' cannot be created...
Where was your pre-life?
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

ifenes...a question..
If ''you'' cannot be created...
Where was your pre-life?

There is no pre- life. Every parallel life is happening now. Pre- life is an illusion of the mind.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by raphieMontella: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

There is no pre- life. Every parallel life is happening now. Pre- life is an illusion of the mind.
uve lost me...
Parallel universes?
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

uve lost me...
Parallel universes?

Parallel shifts between parallel universes is similar to watching different TV channels from on TV box. The same Soul but different time lines. The you of yesterday is different to you now. Your energy map moves around positive or negative thoughts. To change once's experience, the thoughts pertterns must be readjusted. Your belief determine what you are.

Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
The best way I could explain these stuff is verbal. If you want I could talk on the phone.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
EyeHateGod:

U rakes stupidity & ignorance

Why didn't u look up the internet for this things? Instead of making false assumption? Please i want to know the Atheist or Scientist that Said "Something Came out of noting" if u can't do this then u a Hypocrite!! A big fool and a liar!

You too dey vex undecided
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

Your mind is the real you which cannot be created. But in terms of being human,the functions of the Mind can be suppressed. The point whereby you no longer think for yourself means your sense of reasoning/using your Mind has been hijacked.

Look at your religion for example. You are being told what to believe and what to think,not how to think.

Actually, they are taught how to think but rather subtly so they are not even aware of it. It is all mind control at the end of the day
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

Actually, they are taught how to think but rather subtly so they are not even aware of it. It is all mind control at the end of the day

That is the difference. Years back in my college,a teacher is not supposed to tell us what to think but how to think. We(the students) were given the go ahead to write our projects rather than the teacher do it for us. If a teacher comes into the class to tell us there is a god,he/she will be fired. Everything I say on Nairaland are my research,not what I was taught or brainwashed with. If that was the case in Nigeria,there will be 70% less religious people. If my son tells me the teachers said there is jesus,I'm reporting the person immediately. If my son becomes religious on his own,that's fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

That is the difference. Years back in my college,a teacher is not supposed to tell us what to think but how to think. We(the students) were given the go ahead to write our projects rather than the teacher do it for us. If a teacher comes into the class to tell us there is a god,he/she will be fired. Everything I say on Nairaland are my research,not what I was taught or brainwashed with. If that was the case in Nigeria,there will be 70% less religious people. If my son tells me the teachers said there is jesus,I'm reporting the person immediately. If my son becomes religious on his own,that's fine.

In Nigeria undecided

A child will get beaten for asking "is god real?" The teachers will go ahead and label the child a witch. The flogging no go get mate.

And that same child will grow and defend what they were beaten to accept sad
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 5:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

In Nigeria undecided

A child will get beaten for asking "is god real?" The teachers will go ahead and label the child a witch. The flogging no go get mate.

And that same child will grow and defend what they were beaten to accept sad

That's becoming a christian due to abuse.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

That's becoming a christian due to abuse.

Nigerians are abused
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

Nigerians are abused

If my son wants a Bible or Quran,I will gladly buy him one. I keep my books away from him
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by raphieMontella: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

Parallel shifts between parallel universes is similar to watching different TV channels from on TV box. The same Soul but different time lines. The you of yesterday is different to you now. Your energy map moves around positive or negative thoughts. To change once's experience, the thoughts pertterns must be readjusted. Your belief determine what you are.
chai..ok
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

If my son wants a Bible or Quran,I will gladly buy him one. I keep my books away from him

Why? undecided
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

Why? undecided

If he says he wants one.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

Why? undecided

I will not give him my mind,he has his. My job is to guide him and not lead him.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

I still maintain my stance. though not religious but I cant admit we came by chance. doesn't make sense. the problem with you atheists is not God(whatever that is) but religious description of God. that's why when you want to ridicule God you use references from Bible or Quran. because that's what you think God is. how come you don't talk of Vishnu, obatanla, amadhioha, etc. often? you only talk of Yahweh and Allah because they are the widely accepted definitions of God coupled with the fact that both adherence have been nuisance to the environment past and present.

have you tried searching for God outside religion? the one called Johnson write much English and probably thinks he is very wise and correct because of numerous likes he gets. I laugh hard everytime I see his posts.

I am searching for God outside religion and it's making sense to me. the best I can give myself now is "I don't know" because to say your are sure there's no God because no proof of him/it is laughable.

no man on earth is wiser than all. people have come, even great philosophers have come and gone most didn't say for sure no God but almost all were displeased with religion.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

I will not give him my mind,he has his. My job is to guide him and not lead him.

Hmmm

Well, you live in a country where opinions aren't forced as truth so there is no need to protect him from such thinking.

In a country like Nigeria where "thank god o" is agreed upon by everyone and saying anything to the contrary will provoke anger, then I feel it is necessary a child is made aware of the lies/dogma spread and accepted by society.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

Hmmm

Well, you live in a country where opinions aren't forced as truth so there is no need to protect him from such thinking.

In a country like Nigeria where "thank god o" is agreed upon by everyone and saying anything to the contrary will provoke anger, then I feel it is necessary a child is made aware of the lies/dogma spread and accepted by society.

You are right. This used to be a land that burnt people like me at the stake for blasphemy,but now it's changed. I keep seeing old churches turning into gyms and restaurants.

95% of the whites here don't go to church,only Nigerians and a few blacks do. 90% of young people between the age of 12 to 21 are not religious at all(including the ones from muslim homes. The religious ones are Africans. None of my friends are religious. I only discuss religion on nairaland,my beloved thread smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference Between Christmas And Xmas / An Urgent Revelation By Prophet Shepherd Bushiri / See What Was Seen Inside A Church That Was Reopened (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.