Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

What Were Some Instances When Your Child(ren) Made You Proud? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Were Some Instances When Your Child(ren) Made You Proud? (398 Views)

Here Is A List Of Things U Need 2 Teach Ur Child(ren) At Early Age / What Will You Do If You Find Your Child(ren) Like This? / How To Guide Your Child(ren) Against Molestation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Were Some Instances When Your Child(ren) Made You Proud? by ItuExchange(m): 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2016
Parents: What were some instances when your child(ren) made you proud?

My husband passed away in March 2013.

As we were preparing his funeral, both my kids, then 10 and 12, told me they wanted a chance to speak at the service. I was a bit nervous about this, so checked in with friends - all encouraged me to let them do this.

So each had a chance, independently and without any input from me, to talk about some memories about their dad.

My son made everyone laugh, telling stories Dad had related about his childhood years. Then my daughter, age 10, sang a song, acapella, that she wrote for her dad, the NIGHT BEFORE the funeral. It was beautiful, talking about how although he was gone, she would never be afraid because he was always in her heart. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I was never prouder of my kids!

Source: https://www.quora.com/Parents-What-were-some-instances-when-your-child-ren-made-you-proud

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: What Were Some Instances When Your Child(ren) Made You Proud? by placeofallure(f): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
I can relate with this story. I teach in a school. A few years ago one of our parents died. His death was abrupt and very untimely as he was only sick for about 2 days and was in his early 40s. He had 3 daughters, the last of them was in grade 6 when it happened. This was a man of great talents. He has written many children's books and all. He never misses Teachers' Day or Christmas Day to send gifts to all teachers. I can't count the number of his things I have: Flasks, Serving Plates, Coolers, Trays, Rechargeable Light too numerous.

I attended the wake and on the program at the back, the last daughter wrote something about the dad. I read it and that was when I lost it. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore, the tears shook me and I cried like a baby, I wondered how that little angel will cope with life without the dad.

Children, they're such wonderful gifts from God.

(1) (Reply)

Marketplace Or Public Square Of An Ancient / The Horse / Win 1 Million Naira For Your Beneficiary Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.