Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

The Game Called Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Game Called Politics (432 Views)

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually / So When The Government lie to Us Its Called Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Game Called Politics by adeademolaa(m): 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
THE GAME CALLED POLITICS
This conversation ensued between a supporter and a politician:
Supporter: ''You are sure to get the vote of every thinking man!''
Politician: ''Thank you, but I need a majority to win.''
Am afraid this is still very true.
In a world where politicians see leadership position as a an avenue to power, wealth and fame. Am not so much taken aback when they fail at living up to the masses expectation. For all they see is not the peoples plight but A GAME.
I have taken my time to consider some of the.....our political leaders practice in this part of the world.
IMPRESSION:
The masses will believe what you want them to believe. Sympatize and show empathy. Masses follow after leaders who seems to feel what they feel and reason along with them. Reason why we have ''Grassroot politician". However, conceal your intention.
HUNGRY MINDS:
Play on peoples fantasies. The masses flocks after politicians who raise their hope. Is there anything they are in dire need of? Promise to provide. Exagerate if possible.
CRITIC:
Criticism is a deadly weapon. Learn to use it strategically. Always find fault, create one if there isn't. Then loud it. Speak like a perfectionist.
ATTENTION:
Attack eminent personalties verbaly. Caught attention at all cost. If mourners can be paid to mourn, then you can as well stage a protest. Make yourself a magnet of attention.
STEP-UP:
Employ others to do your dirty works. Engage youth, they are agile and easily convinced.
TOO LITTIE TOO LATE, TOO MUCH TOO SOON:
People lose interest and complain when results take a while.
Learn to execute project as soon as possible even if its little.
BE ON THE WINNING SIDE:
If you feel the boat is born to sink, look for an alternative. And if you feel a ship will surely reach its destination, buy your way in at all cost. Don't flock with losers, they have nothing to offer other than a mess.
I pray God bless our country with a leader after His own heart.
I Am not a politician, its just an observation.
Writer
Sayo Ademola.
Re: The Game Called Politics by slyng(m): 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
Op you dont begin sentence with Am. I'm sure u meant I'm/I am. Try correct yourself before day break

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Definition Of Change By Jonathans Former Aide / Tell Your Friends To Forget Biafra, Buhari To Igbo Corpers / Do You Desire A King Solomon Kind Of Ruler In Nig Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.