Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly (9233 Views)

Al-jazeera On President Buhari's Speech At UN Assembly / President Buhari Leaves For US For UN Assembly, Also To Visit London - Adesina / Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by AntiWailer: 7:54am On Sep 10, 2016
Where are the Wailers
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by tolexy007(m): 7:55am On Sep 10, 2016
madridguy:
THANK GOD FOR PRESIDENT BUHARI.

On behalf of the good people of Federal Republic of Nigeria, we really appreciate your great effort sir.

We pray to God for his Divine protection over you, your family and Nigeria.

I pledge to STAND WITH YOU SIR TILL FINAL WHISTLE.

tell him amechi, Buratai etc loots should be included

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by Debaddest(m): 7:55am On Sep 10, 2016
madridguy:
THANK GOD FOR PRESIDENT BUHARI.

On behalf of the good people of Federal Republic of Nigeria, we really appreciate your great effort sir.

We pray to God for his Divine protection over you, your family and Nigeria.

I pledge to STAND WITH YOU SIR TILL FINAL WHISTLE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by wonderkid619(m): 7:55am On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by wonderkid619(m): 7:56am On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by excel101(m): 7:56am On Sep 10, 2016
PMB, since resumption of office, 16 months ago, has been searching for money everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Another lie..
Words without actions.
..... cool

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by Forzap: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2016
Buuhari and "recovering" grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by doskie(m): 8:05am On Sep 10, 2016
dunkem21:
He should demand for Rice, Garri, Palm oil..

I hope am speaking for the masses cheesy
yes you are. If i were, i wouldn't even answer him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by anonimi: 8:10am On Sep 10, 2016
Standing5:
stop hating.

It is not about hate.
No.
YOU should rather ask yourself whether we have not been recovering stolen funds since 1999 even though your DullardPoo said his employer and former junior in the army did not steal.
Perhaps it is because he is still in DENIAL or maybe just plain confused that makes him think he needs to make a special big noise of begging for recoveries for that to happen.
Meanwhile I thought they said they have recovered trillions, trillions already?
Is that also another lie in their long list of propaganda, rumours and lies

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpeg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7

Looted Funds: FG Recovers N3.4 Trn Cash, Assets – Amaechi

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/looted-funds-fg-recovers-n3-4-trn-cash-assets-amaechi/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3340066_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by anonimi: 8:12am On Sep 10, 2016
excel101:
PMB, since resumption of office, 16 months ago, has been searching for money everywhere.

The same way he searched for his certificate in vain. grin grin
Such a bloody illiterate.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2086803_103387287707102596807188497009572757904956n_jpegff71b7e1c6606ccca9e45b84778ea211

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by Goodness83: 8:16am On Sep 10, 2016
Taeewo:
Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari will next week lead the Federal Government delegation to New York, the United States, where he will address the 71st regular session of the United Nations General Assembly on September 21, 2016.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, who stated this on Friday in Abuja, explained that the President would use the opportunity to build on his relationship with other world leaders and demand the recovery of looted funds stashed away in foreign countries.

According to him, the Federal Government will canvass the election of an Afro-centric UN Secretary-General, who will be pro-developing countries.

He stated that Buhari would also push for the candidature of Nigerians into various international agencies which he said had influence on UN policy and programmes globally.

Onyeama said it was absolutely important that Nigeria engaged in multilateral relations, noting that it had candidates for positions in International Civil Aviation Authority and the United Nations Human Rights Council.

He said the President would also engage the world leaders and seek their support in the areas of security, anti-corruption, governance and the economy where Nigeria is currently facing challenges.

The minister said, “It is an opportunity for the President to push for the reform of the UN, a UN that is more inclusive of more countries. It is another opportunity to engage world leaders and push for recovery of illicit and looted funds, address poverty, refugee issues and irregular migrants; this is an issue that is affecting our relationship with European countries.” Buhari, the minister added, would also sign the Paris Agreement on Climate Change which the United States and China, had earlier signed.

Onyeama added that during the trip, the President would also lead his delegation to the US-Africa Business Forum, where Nigeria would be the focus.

He said, “There will also be a high-level meeting on the humanitarian crisis in the Lake Chad region, the President is keen on addressing the problem of the Lake Chad which would cost $15bn and we would need to mobilize funding for the project.”

http://punchng.com/buhari-demand-recovery-looted-funds-un-assembly/
when the righteous rule the people rejoice so says the Lord of Host

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by GOFRONT(m): 8:23am On Sep 10, 2016
And until GEJ's Abba moro do the time at d prison, I wil continue to see no fault in Buhari's govt.......My #1000 naira matter still dey pain me and dats why there is hunger in da land
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by wink2015(m): 8:31am On Sep 10, 2016
This is a good move by the federal government of Nigeria. But will country like Britain ever comply to send back stolen money in their country.

See the way Britain is keeping the money that is looted by former Petroluem minister, Deziani Allison-Madueke.

Britain is not fair to Nigeria given the way they are handling the case. Infact, Britain is trying to buy time so that the money will continue to remain in Britain to yield income to their economy.
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by 4wrd9ja: 8:31am On Sep 10, 2016
kenny987:
Illiteracy! So he's going to 'demand' as per military general where all the korofo must obey d last order abi? I just wish a member of that Assembly will teach d dumbass some sense of priority in governance!

This noise of looted funds recovery is getting old! How about properly managing n growing what is on ground by translating them to life improving projects for d citizens through sound n sustainable policies? It's so shameful that this is what we've got representing d already dead image of Nigeria...
oga that's is what he used to deceive people to get into power he must pretend to be doing it to sustain his followership, as for your other expectations he has no clue on how to meet them. so don't expect anything, if it's about manifesto it was not written by him.He just wanted to be president by all means when he gets there he will figure out what to do or even outsource the work and enjoy the benefits

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by mailmitch(m): 8:33am On Sep 10, 2016
Hmm, Mr president u wnt thm to gve u money tht is oiling and driving their economy, I dnt thnk dey will listen to u. However, d previous looted money given to ur govt wht hve u done wth thm? Hw has it helped in improving d lives of every Nigerian nt to tlk of d economy? Abi u wnt thm to give u money tht u will house in a vault and expect d money to grow d economy? Pls if thts wht u wnt to do allow d money to b wth thm till we hve a bettr rational,human, wise and logical leader to cme in future to use d money well. Thts jst my tke
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by Miles300: 8:41am On Sep 10, 2016
Y can't this same energy be use to revive the economy , not like the looted funds will be given immediately , this things are processes, it's good to recover loot but they shouldn't be sounding like it's a great deal .. After all we never saw any use of the recovered loot from abacha ...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by DonCortino: 8:42am On Sep 10, 2016
Make dem no give am oooo! shocked

The ones he recovered from past criminals don enter voice mail.

Abeg UN keep it safe for us till a sensible leader emerges.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 10, 2016
The highly corrupt anticorruption-hypocrite of a president. Now I understand what he meant when he said abacha did not steal any money grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by Lesley01(f): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2016
What about the money they have been recovering.Please this people should stop patronizing us us

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by sheyguy: 8:57am On Sep 10, 2016
Tallesty1:
Where are the already recovered funds?
They are being saved for the last paragraph of the article.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by Ofemmanu1: 8:59am On Sep 10, 2016
ZuzuMan:
..... cool
I wanted to hear from an arseh.ole, i'd just fart.
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by bayelsaowei(m): 9:02am On Sep 10, 2016
This certificateless president goes around the world asking for monies supposedly stolen whilst he is bereft of knowledge on how to create revenue streams for his nation...buharis plan was to drive the Nigeria economy with recovered loot...what a president... grin
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by Standing5(m): 9:06am On Sep 10, 2016
Tallesty1:
Where are the already recovered funds?
Learn to read news to the end. The last paragraph indirectly says something about it already.
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by bayelsaowei(m): 9:09am On Sep 10, 2016
PassingShot:

Same here. Not until there are clear evidence to do otherwise.

I will continue to support you my able presido. Not until I see genuine reason/s not to.

I predict wailing and moaning by the corrupt and their supporters on this thread as usual.

Watch out for posts such as: "Ajala travels out again", "when will he visit Nigeria again", "It's only corruption he's fighting while the economy is collapsing", "why can't he send his minister or VP" (to a UN Assembly where other world leaders are present as well oo!) and other childish innuendos.

Their brain is so damaged by the shock of their election loss that they criticize the president for anything and everything even for those that's for their good. Pathetic humans they are!

Keep your mentions coming. You know I'm up to the task. cool cool cool
this hypocritical corrupt being would also talk about corruption. .....Are you not corrupt too??...don't you support your corrupt people in the apc? ?...hide your yeye face joor...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by ObaAra16: 9:22am On Sep 10, 2016
APC government has totally lost it, it's so obvious they lack the basic knowledge to move Nigeria to the next level. I feel changing their focus from chasing looted fund will be of help, that can not sustain us forever as a country. It should be regarded as added advantage if recovered.
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by blackboy2star(m): 9:49am On Sep 10, 2016
Safe trip bubu...
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by highbeekeys(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2016
dunkem21:
He should demand for Rice, Garri, Palm oil..

I hope am speaking for the masses cheesy
For d ones who believe cheap food is the criterium for our development.
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by dunkem21(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2016
highbeekeys:

For d ones who believe cheap food is the criterium for our development.

Food is the criteria for survival.
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by bashydemy(m): 10:18am On Sep 10, 2016
excel101:

LOL wailers will never stop being foolish, So someone trying to recover our money stolen by your errors as result to searching for money?
Re: Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly by bashydemy(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2016
anonimi:

It is not about hate.
No.
YOU should rather ask yourself whether we have not been recovering stolen funds since 1999 even though your DullardPoo said his employer and former junior in the army did not steal.
Perhaps it is because he is still in DENIAL or maybe just plain confused that makes him think he needs to make a special big noise of begging for recoveries for that to happen.
Meanwhile I thought they said they have recovered trillions, trillions already?
Is that also another lie in their long list of propaganda, rumours and lies

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpeg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3340066_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

WHo is still paying you for this your spamming job? is it FFK or Fayose? Is it Markafi and Sherrif? I hear PDP is broke hope you won't die of hunger defend your paymasters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Umahi Directs Immediate Deployment Of Security To Ebonyi Airport Site / Herders Adamant, Southern Govs Fail To Enforce Anti-Open Grazing Law / House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.