Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List (64560 Views)

Have You Heard About The Worlds Poorest President!? / 10 Poorest Countries In Asia 2017 – By GDP Per Capita. / Trump Gives America’s ‘poorest White Town’ Hope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Flawlessangel(m): 10:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
divinehand2003:
If Nigeria didn't make the list, then I must confess that your list is not complete. I recommend an immediate review in relation to the current harsh economic wahala Nigerians are facing at the moment.

dude, you know nothing. We are talking countries where even the so called rich men are comparable to the average family in naija.

Contries where kids dont go to school, where kids wear rags for clothes, where people eat only once a day. Where brush and toothpaste becomes a luxury and you are here talking about nigeria? Are u kidding me?

While there might be people living like this in this country, its nowhere near countries like these where this level of poverty is the order of the day.

As africans, we are lucky to be in naija. The only place better in africa is south africa.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by ChinonsoDike2: 4:44am On Sep 11, 2016
thedarkside:

and weaking the ol west-africa??..you dont know what you are saying....

you dont see the bigger picture,because you think the western nations favour you over other black-people...forgeting that you are in black-skin too!!!.

you are just a willfull toy,,,walahi........

oh no monsieur,,we will not give you biafra and watch biafra disintegrate into different new nations in our backyard..

no...

You're a nobody and you will die a nobody. Biafra gaining statehood is not your choice to make. Ciao.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by davidif: 5:18am On Sep 11, 2016
raker300:
Op, this list that consists only of African countries sha, I know some countries in the amazons that ar seriously poor

Like which one sir?
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by davidif: 5:20am On Sep 11, 2016
YourNemesis:
Oh, Mother Africa!

NO!, If we can get our act together, we would rather annex the Republic of Benin just closeby here. Niger is useless, Thank You!

Annex someone else's country?? why don't you focus on your country and its current state instead of worrying about a sovereign nation.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by davidif: 5:24am On Sep 11, 2016
Blue3k:
I always thought Nigeria should Annex Niger if we could get our act together. I know it would tough since they speak French as their national language. The have nice resources and would be happier under our rule if only to escape soul crushing poverty.

And why would you want to annex someone else's country? Don't you guys have your own problems to worry about?
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by davidif: 5:25am On Sep 11, 2016
blueseacats:
Na wao, Nigeria never rule themselves finish na to come add Niger? Guy cool down abeg.

Abi o.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Blue3k(m): 5:30am On Sep 11, 2016
davidif:

And why would you want to annex someone else's country? Don't you guys have your own problems to worry about?

I said clearly if we get our act together. Why are you asking questions that's been answered 5 times. Do you need list of potential benefits both sides can have?

Niger benefits with cheaper oil, not being land locked potential investment, in industry other then subsistence farming, irrigation etc.

Nigeria benefits from resources, the have working nuke plants and materials we could use in future, more trade,better electrity deal with damn and negotiating power with water resorces. More power in regional affairs with in West Africa.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by davidif: 6:02am On Sep 11, 2016
Blue3k:

I said clearly if we get our act together. Why are you asking questions that's been answered 5 times. Do you need list of potential benefits both sides can have?

Niger benefits with cheaper oil, not being land locked potential investment, in industry other then subsistence farming, irrigation etc.

Nigeria benefits from resources, the have working nuke plants and materials we could use in future, more trade,better electrity deal with damn and negotiating power with water resorces. More power in regional affairs with in West Africa.

Even if we get our act together, its no excuse to annex a sovereign nation. We should mind our own business.

an·nex
verb
verb: annex; 3rd person present: annexes; past tense: annexed; past participle: annexed; gerund or present participle: annexing

əˈneks,ˈaneks/

to add (an area or region) to a country, state, etc. : to take control of (a territory or place)
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Blue3k(m): 6:07am On Sep 11, 2016
davidif:

Even if we get our act together, its no excuse to annex a sovereign nation. We should mind our own business.

an·nex
verb
verb: annex; 3rd person present: annexes; past tense: annexed; past participle: annexed; gerund or present participle: annexing
əˈneks,ˈaneks/

to add (an area or region) to a country, state, etc. : to take control of (a territory or place)

They would vote for unification examples being Texas to USA, Crimea to Russia, Austria to Germany. Annexing doesn't have to be violent process by definition colonizing or conquering is violent by nature. Self determination is an important besides we'd never get away with it in ICC.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 11, 2016
Blue3k:

I do think we do have things to offer them. Poverty is a choice on macro scale.

That would be nice idea. We would have to first have fiscal federalism because none of these countries would join to be resource slave unless the are really desperate. We just need preconditions in place economic freedom, rule of law, justice, property right.

I do think with propper intelligence on our side we could difference in Niger. Our brain power could start industry since the mainly subsistence farmers. Our ports benefit them not being land locked. InvestMentoring in irrigation etc. The Nigeriens has operational nuke plants to power themselves. We wail in this forum it could never work. They aren't useless they just don't have proper systems.

Oh well I listed reasons it could work. We just need to get our act together before annexing anyone else.

Thank you. I'm glad someone does.

Oga I think it will be best you visit this place before you conclude. Theu may be poor by economic standards bit they are rich in values. Theu are living in "poverty" but you dont see them rushong food at weddings or bullying one another. Their lifestyle is simple laid back. They even marvel at the great Nigeria, a bumbling mass of incompetence
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2016
Blue3k:

They would vote for unification examples being Texas to USA, Crimea to Russia, Austria to Germany. Annexing doesn't have to be violent process by definition colonizing or conquering is violent by nature. Self determination is an important besides we'd never get away with it in ICC.

Its gonna be cold day in hell before any country votes to want to be a part of Nigeria. I think you need to travel more and sample people's honest-to-God opinion of Nigeria & Nigerians.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by makahlj2: 9:26am On Sep 11, 2016
EazyMoh:

Keep telling yourself that while the richest man from that region is richer than your top six richest southerners combined!
Nothing surprising. The rift between the richest and poorest people is greatest in the poorest countries.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by makahlj2: 9:29am On Sep 11, 2016
erusen:
dangote is richer than everybody in Belgium,does that make Nigeria richer than belgium ?
King Leopold II (who owned Congo) was richer than Dangote.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by makahlj2: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2016
mandy1990:
Mozambique and somalia are suppose to be among.
I thought Somalia disintegrated and doesn't exist anymore as a state?
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by makahlj2: 9:36am On Sep 11, 2016
Leez:

guy even in europe greece is mad broke!
op betta do more research nxt tym o
Greece? Are you comparing Niger with Greece? Bro, you need to travel the world more.
Re: Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List by davidif: 7:47am On Sep 16, 2016
Africa can develop if it liberalizes (liberates) its economy from the shackles (governmental regulations) that hold them. Its no coincidence that some of the countries on this list are also at the bottom of the economic freedoms index that measures the impact of liberty and free markets on economies. http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

Guinea (#136)
Ethiopia (#148)
The Gambia (#119)
Democratic Republic of the Congo (#163)
Madagascar (#87)
Liberia (#143)
Niger (#129)
Central African Republic (#168)
Burundi (#133)
Malawi (#146)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Donald Trump: If Iran Wants A Fight That Will Be The Official End Of Iran / Vladimir Putin At The Age Of 5 With His Mom Maria Ivanova In July 1958(picture) / President Macron Poses With A Shirtless Robber Released From Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.