Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo (2016 Views)

Supreme Court Judgement: Stop Deceiving Nigerians Chris Uba Tells Brother / 105 Missing Soldiers: Nigerians Are Being Conned, Buratai Is Not Being Truthful / Prof Soludo Tears Okonjo Iweala To Shreds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Edoji: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2009
How can Chris Uba, a near-illiterate political crook, be able to build a political machine in Anambra State that can outsmart any and everybody in the state, and even con one of the best brains in the country; Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo?

See this story from Elombah.com

If it amazes you, that Chris Uba, a near-illiterate political crook, has been able to build a political machine in Anambra State that can outsmart any and everybody in the state, you will be utterly flabbergasted as to how he could con one of the best brains in the country; Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo, summa cum laude. No one could tell precisely how or when the relationship between Chris Uba and Charles Soludo began; but this much we knew that in the last political dispensation, he sponsored a PDP candidate for the Aguata Constituency in the House of Representatives against another candidate sponsored by Andy Ubah, former domestic assistant to ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo. Andy was pissed off and so he determined to teach Soludo a political lesson.

He sponsored a rival candidate from the Labour party, Hon Umeoji Chukwuma who won the election.

Perhaps, it was this realisation; that to succeed in Anambra politics, you need more than brains and money, you also need to employ thuggery, that led Professor Chukwuma Soludo, the former Governor of Nigeria’s Central Bank - a graduate of University of Nigeria Nsukka, citadel of higher learning, and one the best in the country, where the great Zik of Africa dreamed to restore “the dignity of man” - into the warm embrace of a motor Park tout and secondary School drop-out that honed his skill under another wheeler-dealer and pre-eminent god-father, Arthur Eze.

Chris Uba rose to notoriety in 2003 when he chose Chis Ngige to be the governor of Anambra State in 2003. As soon as Dr. Ngige reneged on an arrangement to hand the resources of Anambra State to Uba, the enfant terrible conspired with Obasanjo and former Inspector General of Police, Tafa Balogun, to abduct the former governor.

But Ngige survived the kidnap ordeal to continue as governor. Uba was then advised by unscrupulous members of the then National Assembly to create anarchy in the state so that a state of emergency would be declared to get rid of Ngige.

Uba thus resorted to hiring thugs to destroy public infrastructure and create mayhem, but that too failed. It was only in March of 2005 that a Court of Appeal removed Ngige from office, replacing him with Peter Obi of APGA, the rightful winner of the 2003 gubernatorial election.

Professor Soludo is no stranger to these tales. A pragmatic man that he is, he is aware that to assume the governorship position he has to “bow to kodo”.

Not many people actually knew the nature of relationship between Soludo and Chris Uba, moreover those in the know are not forthcoming. However, highly informed sources told Elombah.com, that once Soludo got it in his head to dabble into politics, his habit as governor of the Central Bank was to use his position to create wealth for those he believed will help him achieve his political ambition. He began by dolling out funds to Anambra contestants to political offices, a million here, and 5 million there.

A political gladiator in Anambra State narrated to Elombah.com tha Soludo was never lacking in shelling out those funds.

But sources say the greatest beneficiary of the Soludo largesse is Chris Uba. "As Central Bank governor, Soludo channelled lots of money to Chris Uba". Asked to mention a figure, the source simply said “billions”.

Soludo in the past was also close to Ibeto, the renowned Nnewi businessman. 

"Another beneficiary was Chief Anenih, who I gathered collected hefty sum from him. Tony Anenih started telling people that Soludo has been anointed by President Yar’adua to be the next governor of Anambra State", he said.

Supported by Tony Anenih and the former Vice President Alex Ekwueme, Soludo made a splashy entry into the Anambra governorship contest. He relies on  Abuja politicians like Chief Anthony Anenih, Senator Jonathan Zwingina,and Alhaji Mangal to deliver to him the Anambra holdings on a platter of gold.

At his high-brow party at Transcorp Hotel in Abuja organised by Ekwueme, Ahaji Mangall and Anenih, Obasanjo’s minister of works and housing and former PDP national BOT chairman told Soludo to go ahead and contest the governorship election saying: "My fervent wish is that you contest the governorship election in Anambra state. I am from Edo state. My name is Anenih, but if for the sake of this election, I will claim Anambra state and my name is now Anene."

“The problem then was that Soludo was telling people that he had been endorsed by the President”, said a source in the presidency. “He also told me that Yar’adua had anointed him and only confided in me as a good friend close to the seat of power”. 

Soludo was headed to disappointment when it’s time to cash his pay check. Chris Uba had other plans. His experience with Chris Ngige is still fresh in his mind.

“Now, the story is that Chris is now his own man, ready to anoint another Anambra Governor and no longer relates with me” Soludo was said to have lamented. 

In desperation, Soludo has come to depend more and more on Tony Anenih.

Now that Chris Uba has proved a master chess-player, he has dribbled every contestant out of contention; Soludo is pulling all levers in the Aso Villa to have him anointed as governor.  His mentors are mounting pressure on Yar’adua to anoint Soludo. The argument is that “due to time constraint, oga has to nominate a candidate for the party to meet INEC deadline".   

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1807:how-chris-uba-conned-soludo&catid=52:daniel-elombah&Itemid=73
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2009
My brother you and this your elombah reports self

you just post and run away without giving an opinion

Soludo has asked you people to name names in the bribery scandal

we are yet to hear from you, all of a sudden you have another spin to post.

una no dey shame?
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Edoji: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2009
My brother,

The Igbo's say, anuna ngwo na nkwu ne nku enu na abia

More stories are coming, don't mind Soludo, Soludo was quoted yesterday by a local newspaper as saying that CBN only placed an order with the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company Limited Plc, and that CBN could not have been involved in the bribery of Nigerian officials by the Australian printing company, The Securency,

But Elombah.com discovered that The Central Bank of Nigeria is the only financial institution in the country that can award contract for the printing of the country’s currency,,

The guy is simply corrupt
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2009
@Poster,

It is quite clear that you are on a smear campaign. Go get a life.
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2009
Edoji:

My brother,

The Igbo's say, anuna ngwo na nkwu ne nku enu na abia

More stories are coming, don't mind Soludo, Soludo was quoted yesterday by a local newspaper as saying that CBN only placed an order with the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company Limited Plc, and that CBN could not have been involved in the bribery of Nigerian officials by the Australian printing company, The Securency,

But Elombah.com discovered that The Central Bank of Nigeria is the only financial institution in the country that can award contract for the printing of the country’s currency,,

The guy is simply corrupt

Please is there a reason why Elombah will know the mode of operation of CBN more than a previous CBN Governor?

If you have any reasons give us.

Also give us a reason why Elombah has refused to name those who paid these bribe money?

Just like Soludo has aserted, can Elombah also explain why it thinks a company like Securency that enjoys monopoly would want to pay a bribe to secure contract in Nigeria. Who are securency's competititors for the Nigerian contract and why would the bribe be necessary?
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by adconline(m): 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2009
summa cum laude

why did we start appending these words to Naija certificates?
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Edoji: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2009
mikeansy:

Please is there a reason why Elombah will know the mode of operation of CBN more than a previous CBN Governor?

If you have any reasons give us.

Also give us a reason why Elombah has refused to name those who paid these bribe money?

Just like Soludo has aserted, can Elombah also explain why it thinks a company like Securency that enjoys monopoly would want to pay a bribe to secure contract in Nigeria. Who are securency's competititors for the Nigerian contract and why would the bribe be necessary?

It does not cease to marvel me why ordinary poor Nigerians insist on paying penace for the corrupt.

Did you read the report at all?

"RBA firm Securency paid into offshore bank accounts of two British-based businessmen for onward transfer to Nigerian Government Officials to win a bank-note deal in the most serious development in a cash-for-contracts scandal.

Australian Federal Police taskforce had been investigating Securency for possible breaches of Australia's criminal code, which outlaws payments to foreign officials."

This is a report being investigated in Australia. Dont worry, just as the Mabey-Johnson bribery scandal, when RBA is convicted in Australia, the BRitish arm of the investigation will commence, and then finally, the courts will name the Nigerian culprits!
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2009
Your are begining to shift the goal post

I am very worried about the situation of corruption in Nigeria. But I am also smart enough to understand when our collective misfortune is being exploited to score cheap political points by folks who are bigger cultprits in the corruption circus.

You still have not told me why Elombah will know the CBN ordering processes more than the CBN Governor?
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Edoji: 6:53am On Oct 08, 2009
mikeansy:

Your are begining to shift the goal post

I am very worried about the situation of corruption in Nigeria. But I am also smart enough to understand when our collective misfortune is being exploited to score cheap political points by folks who are bigger cultprits in the corruption circus.

You still have not told me why Elombah will know the CBN ordering processes more than the CBN Governor?

No one is shifting the goal post:
Your question was "who paid these bribe money"?

My answer: SECURENCY; RBA firm Securency paid into offshore bank accounts of two British-based businessmen for onward transfer to Nigerian Government Officials to win a bank-note deal in the most serious development in a cash-for-contracts scandal.

Your next question was:  Just like Soludo has aserted, can Elombah also explain why it thinks a company like Securency that enjoys monopoly would want to pay a bribe to secure contract in Nigeria. Who are securency's competititors for the Nigerian contract and why would the bribe be necessary?

ANSWER:

Are you saying there is no investigation going on in Australia?
Australian Federal Police taskforce had been investigating Securency for possible breaches of Australia's criminal code, which outlaws payments to foreign officials. Now the Australian police have asked their parliament to join the investigation.
Don't worry, Australia and UK is not Nigeria. If you have been following the BAE Bribery scandal going on in the UK (or even the Mabey-Johnson one), such matters are rarely swept under the carpet. The truth must be out.

If you are being objective, the Elombah.com report clearly said, that some time around June, The Australian authorities sent a dozzier to Nigeria mentioning the Nigerian angle to the investigation and mentioned two other paople apart from Soludo.

My problem with the report is why mention and forgo the nAME OF "a former head of state" and another person.

My brother, this is what we will fight for,  NAME THE OTHER CULPRITS.

A lot of mago mago happened under Soludos's tenure at CBN, if Soludo gets into politics, more of these things will be exposed, Just keep your fingers crossed,
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by onyengbu1(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2009
Edoji, Whoever paid you for a smear campaign against Soludo is not smart just like you.

People have a way of carrying out such deeds without being noticed but you cant even try to hide it.

Your Elombah website has 'pull Soludo down' written all over the home page.

Like someone said here, GO GET A LIFE!
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2009
Let me give you another chance?

Soludo said CBN could not possibly have a deal with Securency because CBN routes its orders for printing money through the Nigerian Mint Printing. You are saying that Elombah has confirmed to you that only CBN can have a contract with Securency.

Now my question to you is?

Why will Elombah know more than the CBN Governor about how the CBN makes orders?

Please have another go, do not shift the goal post this time.
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Edoji: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2009
Naira notes bribery: ‘Only CBN can award contract’
Latest news
WRITTEN BY JIBRIN ABUBAKAR
WEDNESDAY, 07 OCTOBER 2009 01:12
The Central Bank of Nigeria is the only financial institution in the country that can award contract for the printing of the country’s currency, Daily Trust has learnt.
Former CBN Governor Chukwuma Soludo was quoted yesterday by a local newspaper as saying that CBN only placed an order with the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company Limited Plc, and that CBN could not have been involved in the bribery of Nigerian officials by the Australian printing company, The Securency.

The Age newspaper of Australia last week revealed that Mr Harding and another British-based businessman, Benoy Berry, were paid several million dollars by Securency to market the company’s polymer notes in Africa and to win a currency printing deal in Nigeria.

The current CBN Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi and the National Assembly had said they were prepared to launch an investigation into the bribery saga.

The central bank of Australia is also facing calls for a Senate inquiry into the cash-for-contracts scandal.

But a source told Daily Trust that it is only the central bank that could have awarded the contract for the printing of the polymer notes because the CBN has majority stake of 77 per cent in Nigeria’s Mint.

The source said G&B of Germany, however, printed the new polymer notes of N5, N10 and N50.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7416:naira-notes-bribery-only-cbn-can-award-contract-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=119
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Edoji: 10:07am On Oct 08, 2009
onye_ngbu:

Edoji, Whoever paid you for a   smear campaign against Soludo is not smart just like you.

People have a way of carrying out such deeds without being noticed but you cant even try to hide it.

Your Elombah website has 'pull Soludo down' written all over the home page.

Like someone said here, GO GET A LIFE!

In fighting corruption, there is no need to "carry out such deeds without being noticed"!

If you care to know, WE have a network of 4,000 Nigerians on FACEBOOK and YAHOOGROUPS committed to fighting corruption whenever and wherever they are discovered.
(CHECK HERE FOR JUST ONE OF THEM http://apps.facebook.com/causes/298145/50586832?m=e56504ed)

I was a fan of Soludo untill I stumbled on highly damaging information of the shenanigan that went on during the Banking consolidation.

I repeat, dont worry, cool down. The things you are reading are the stories already verified. Once others are verified too, they will be made public.

I am not a stranger to these [i]ad hominem [/i]attacks that attack the messenger while leaving out the message,
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by kokooro1: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2009
mikeansy:

Let me give you another chance?

Soludo said CBN could not possibly have a deal with Securency because CBN routes its orders for printing money through the Nigerian Mint Printing. You are saying that Elombah has confirmed to you that only CBN can have a contract with Securency.

Now my question to you is?

Why will Elombah know more than the CBN Governor about how the CBN makes orders?

Please have another go, do not shift the goal post this time.

Oga! how do you know Soludo is said the (whole) truth?

If anyone thinks that anyone is corrupt and should be stopped from taking any important office in the land, the former is free and justified to deploy every lawful means possible to fight and expose the latter to the public. And the means deployed could be an entire website, publication, a conbination of both, etc etc. Don't you think so @onye_ngbu?

I think Soludo too should go ahead and deploy every legal means possible to clear his name, including (but not limited to) a dedicated website. There he can cite relevant documentations. In addition Mikeansy and co can also help him by citing such documentations on NL.
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by MrCrackles(m): 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2009
adconline:

summa cum laude

why did we start appending these words to Naija certificates?
I wonder!
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Edoji: 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

I wonder!

The use of summa cum laude was meant to emphasize the incongrousity of a motor park tout taking a first class brain for a ride PLEASE!

@KORO-ORO

Thanks for your intelligent reasoning
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by MrCrackles(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
Edoji:

The use of summa cum laude was meant to emphasize the incongrousity of a motor park tout taking a first class brain for a ride PLEASE!
LOL
Re: How Chris Uba Conned Prof Soludo by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2009
Edoji or Korokoro

If you think Soludo is corrupt, the easiest way to stop him from running is to take him to court and get him covicted.

Posting lies and wild claims on Nairaland gets you no where.

Its amazing that the so called report from Daily trust u provided wont even name there so called anonymous source.

People are just exploiting the word anonimous anyhow in Nigeria.

I will give you another Chance

Why should Elombah know how CBN places orders anymore than the CBN Governor.

Soludo hit the nail on the head when he challenged you guys to name names, what are you waiting for? Remember that will come with some proof of how the money was routed.

(1) (Reply)

Casting Demons Out Of Bakare / Sosoliso Plane Crash Aftermath: Fundraiser Dinner For Survivor, Kechi Okwuchi. / Photo Updates: Architectural Drawings 3D Of Delta City Mall, Efunrun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.