Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,855 members, 7,862,803 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

Beware Of Computer Village Pranks - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Beware Of Computer Village Pranks (653 Views)

Ikeja Computer Village To Be Relocated To Katangowa Market / Genius! Amazing Metal City Landscapes Made Of Computer Parts (pictures) / Help With Computer Historical Development Of Computer Software And Hardware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Computer Village Pranks by springtec: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2009
I work as an IT support staff to a bank in Nigeria, one of the things i do personally is to sell Laptops to my clients and i recently had a very funny experience at the computer village Ikeja. One of my clients specifically requested for Compaq Presario CQ60 with the following configuration:
Hard disk Size: 160 Gb
Ram Size: 1 Gb
Blueooth
Webcam
Wlan and all that.
So on getting to the market, i actually requested for this Model (Compaq Presario), i was asked to wait that they were going t bring it from their head office, i waited for like 10 minutes when i was growig out of patience the guys actually entertained me with a bottle of Malt. As i was almost finishing the drink the guy came in with a cartoned laptop i was happy at the sight, but we had to bargain for the price when i agreed they asked me to pay b4 they cud open it, yes i paid and the carton was opened, only for the content to be a compaq 610 which is far far low in quality, looks/feel of course configuration. As u can guess, i reacted sharply to this, rejecting it bluntly making them know that wasnt what i requested for. Yea on thei r on part they were not ready to refund my money so we agreed they should get the right thing fr me, friends the experience was so frustrating as my time was wasted, imagine getting to the market by 11am and leaving the store at 5:40 pm when the right product was brought in but i had to add an extra 7 k, imagine that.My day was wasted and , i hated myself

Things to watch out For

1. Make sure the configuration is factory printed on the carton an not hand written on a sheet of white paper pasted on the carton.
2. Also try as much as possible not to drop your money before seeing the content, so that you can easily take your leave whenever you like to.
3. If a store attendant tells you he/she is going to bring the product from somewhere, be sure of parting with nothing less than 5k which is the cost of transporting the product from the head office(which cud be a store in the back yard) to the branch office (which is the store where u were asked to wait and sit)

check my blog for more posts on my 10 years experience in the IT world
http://computersolutions-springtech..com

Akanfe Elijah O

(1) (Reply)

A Fairly Used Ipsat Modem That Is In A Good Condition Is For Sale. Also 5 Watt B / Need Your Honest Opinion On Www.sms-warehouse.com / Obama Pushes Freedoms, Open Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.