Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Revealed: Chelsea’s List Of Clubs Conte Won’t Make Transfer Business With - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Revealed: Chelsea’s List Of Clubs Conte Won’t Make Transfer Business With (531 Views)

Revealed!! Chelsea Players Angry Over Conte’s Attitude To Leo Messi After 3-0 Lo / Why Man United Set To Make Transfer For Neymar / Why Antonio Conte Won’t Last In Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Chelsea’s List Of Clubs Conte Won’t Make Transfer Business With by vicmatias(m): 7:42am On Sep 10, 2016
Chelsea have a list of teams that they won’t conduct transfer business with, according to Bristol City’s chief operating officer. The Premier League club sent 38 players out on loan during the summer window, one of whom was highly rated 18-year-old Tammy Abraham who joined Bristol City on a season-long deal. And Mark Ashton claims Chelsea needed to be convinced of City’s willingness to give Abraham playing time, and revealed that the Blues will no longer allow players to join certain teams on loan. “At the end of last season, Lee [Johnson, the Bristol City manager] went to Chelsea’s training ground and presented to [technical director] Michael Emenalo, while I went to Stamford Bridge and met Roman Abramovich’s board of directors,” Ashton told the Bristol Post . ‘They had tried these arrangements with English clubs before and, in their words, they hadn’t worked. They gave me a list of clubs they would not do business with. “I asked them to give us Tammy for the season and then judge us on what we do, not what we say. I told them we would show them what we could do and then build a long-term relationship. “We then did the deal with Chelsea and sorted all of the finances, which were far from straightforward. Then we had to wait for [new Chelsea head coach Antonio] Conte.”

(1) (Reply)

Man United's Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 35 Things About The Star On 35th Birthday / Good News!! FIFA Are Considering 48-team World Cup (africa Will Benefit) / The wonder Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.