Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Aaua Set To Resume Next Week - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aaua Set To Resume Next Week (581 Views)

ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday / AAUA Departmental Cut-off Mark For 2017/2018 Admission Exercise Is Finally Out / Breaking : Lautech To Resume, January 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aaua Set To Resume Next Week by Rhotiz: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2016
"ASUU STRIKE WILL BE CALLED OFF NEXT WEEK"__PROF. AJIBEFUN..............

*Urges AAUASU to CALL off planned protest.
*AAUASU suspends PLANNED protest.

The vice chancellor of Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba-Akoko, Prof AMOS IGBEKELE AJIBEFUN has promised the leadership of the union that the indefinite strike action embarked upon by ASUU AAUA will end next week. In his words, "I'm urging you all not to protest. It may go violent even when you are planning something peaceful. I'm speaking to you as my children, do not embark on this journey. We will be having a meeting with ASUU tomorrow, 10/09/2016, and early next week. We will make decisions that will end the current strike ".

Speaking on behalf of the union, the president comr ODUNYEMI ADEGBOLA said," we have been at home for several weeks, we have maintained our cool but nothing has been done concerning the issue ".

In response, the vice chancellor said, :" its true you have been at home for weeks, but now there is just one week to go, there are some hoodlums who may try to hijack your upcoming protest ".

The Deputy Senate President, Sen. AKERELE EMMANUEL asked for a signed document to show as prove to that the strike will be called off next week. Also speaking, Caucus leader Somassa, Sen OGUNYEMI AYODEJI, said" The protest is going to be peaceful, its not going to go violent, we have our plans in place already ".

However, the vice chancellor went on to say" I'm speaking to you as my children in this case, but if you insist on the staging the protest, i will fold my hands and watch and if it goes violent, i will hold you responsible ".

The General secretary of the union, comr SEGUN ODUNAYO said," Our protest is not against you our vice chancellor, it’s to frown at the environment that we have found ourselves in at the moment. Many of our students have been indulging in indecent activities because of this strike but if you are assuring us that the strike will be called off by next week, we will go ahead to convince our colleagues to stay calm and not bother about a protest ".

comr OLANREWAJU OLAYINKA, the treasurer of the union asked if the 500l Law students will still be able to make Law school, if resumption comes up next week. In reply to both speakers, the vice chancellor promised that the leadership of the union should be rest assured and go on to cancel the scheduled protest. He also said there'll be a special arrangement for the 500l Law students.

Therefore, in lieu of the vice chancellor's promise, the leadership of the union suspends the planned protest.

Signed :

Comr Odunyemi Adegbola
SUE D BASTARD
(AAUASU PRESIDENT)

Comr Segun Odunayo
DAMZY
(AAUASU GENERAL SECRETARY)

Lanre Ikuejurojo
LARRY COLE
(AAUASU P. R. O)

(1) (Reply)

UNIJOS Commences 2016/2017 Pre Admission Screening Exercise / Universities Where You Can Study -cheap Online Certificate Programs- / Check Out: Five(5) Major Reasons Why Racism Will Never Stop In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.