Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,029 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace (28625 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo Shows Off His Sets Of Twins As They Clock 3 Months / Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down / Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Royal Dance Step After Prayers While His Wives Watch(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
Baba o.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by Opistorincos(m): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Baba jst finish dey use ajidewe
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by shellman: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
herzern:
I'm a South-Westerner buh dhiz man dey bleach....
If it's true that you are a South Westerner, you must be a fake South Westerners. South Westerners do not open their mouths wide to comment without diplomacy &refinement

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by neocortex: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
herzern:

Who cares where a self-hating bigot hails from ?

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by wink2015(m): 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
I want to take us to yoruba history. Between the Alafin of Oyo and the Oni of Ife, which one is the most powerful or the highest in terms of the heirachy?

Is it the position of the Alafin of Oyo or the position of Oni of Ife?

Also, what is the difference between the Alafin of Oyo and the Olu Ibadan of Ibadan land?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by wiloy2k8(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
wink2015:
I want to take us to yoruba history. Between the Alafin of Oyo and the Oni of Ife, which one is the most powerful or the highest in terms of the heirachy?

Also, what is the difference between the Alafin of Oyo and the Olu Ibadan of Ibadan land?

Alafin of Oyo is the most powerful Yoruba kings
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by BIDOO(m): 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
herzern:
You dey tell me ! in that palace ehn, every living is white transform from black.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
But come o, make una educate me cause I be ibo guy, why una de call this king BABA YEYE, I think say that simply means 'yeye man'
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ke pe Baba!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by ismaog4u(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
iku baba yeye, Omo iku ti iku ko gbodo PA Omo aarun ti
aarun gbodo se Omo ofo ti ofo gbodo se Omo adanu ti
adanu ogbudo she kabiyesio ooooo, mo sun mo oba niwo egbeje, mo jina si oba niwon egbewa... arobafin loba npa..I love it dance step...

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by Aiholi(m): 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
:Dkabiyesi lookin sweet 78...
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by juman(m): 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
A failed king.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by iamrealdeji(m): 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
ajebuter:
Kaabiyesii oh..

K'ade o pe Lori oh

Ki bata o pe lese oh

Eshin oba a j'eko pee oh..

lku baba yeye..

Proudly Yoruba..
ibile

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by leacon(m): 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
#fimile ki n jijo KABIESI
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
THIS IS NOT HOW TO DAB.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by flowx(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
Saki o!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
wink2015:

The Alafin is the supreme political leader while the Oni is the paramount spiritual leader.The Oni is our father.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by DedeNkem: 5:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
Traditional kingship should be abolished.
They're complete useless! They don't contribute anything to the society.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
instead of him to tell tinubu to open Lautech! who dancing epp!

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by Businessideas: 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
Kabiyesi o!!!!
Iku Baba Yeye!! Ikeji Orisa .
Ki Ade pe lori, ki bata pe lese,
Kabiyesi o!!!
**Idobale **
This is a very rare event for the Kabiyesi to entertain his subjects,in fact I have never heard of this before in any Yoruba history or mythology. Kabiyesi, Alaafin must have been in a very very happy state of mind. History will never forget that day!!!
There's a silent positive revolution going on in the Yoruba traditional system and I am just loving it. The Obas have found novel ways to connect with their subjects and increase their influence on their subjects as Royalty world over is fast changing from one privileged person sitting on an archaic seat and dishing out commands.These Yoruba Kings are teaching a new soft power kind of strategy in modern day royalty. They show and teach their subjects to appreciate their culture as Yoruba using all platforms especially the social media where they know their subjects throng.If Kabiyesi can dance, it brings special focus on that particular dance type of the culture and everyone wants to learn that dance.If you have forgotten home in a while, when you see these pictures, you are reminded of home and essence of reconnecting with Oyo Kingdom.
See the focus of the subjects on the steps with rapt attention, this will not be the case if it's an ordinary or professional dancer that's performing.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2016
This recession no be here oo. Even Alaafin was hit. He can't afford his bleaching formula again and has suddenly gone dark. E yah!!!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by GirlAfrik(f): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
decatalyst:
Iku baba yeye ooo

But this leg be like say baba wan play free kick grin grin
This Alaafin, really promoting bleaching cream
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Dancing Skills At His Palace by decatalyst(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
GirlAfrik:
This Alaafin, really promoting bleaching cream

Maybe he has an endorsement deal with a bleaching cream company grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Met Elderly Nigerian Couple At Nigerian High Commission, UK & This Happened / Esu Chikun, Danjuma Barde Is Dead / Emir Sanusi's Son, Ashraf Graduates From College (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.