Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? (9339 Views)

How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. / Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by SPG4U(m): 7:32am On Sep 11, 2016
None
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Lexzytee(m): 7:33am On Sep 11, 2016
Nowadays is nt easy to knw a genuine Christian. A xtian simply based on our holy life nd our heart of service to God. Nd also Christianity is based on living a christ life
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by manutdrichie(m): 7:34am On Sep 11, 2016
wapers7014:

U dey wrk on sundays too
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by AbuIkeli: 7:35am On Sep 11, 2016
DICKtator:
A genuine Christian is the one that has either pastor, bishop,archbishop,deacon , evangelist or prophet in his/her name

grin grin grin grin
You no lie ooo
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by wiloy2k8(m): 7:36am On Sep 11, 2016
Being a genuine christian is not a 1 day job .
You must give ur life to Christ first and act like Christ ,
That is christianity (Christ like). always read ur bible cos dats the map .

Read John and revelation its gonna help .

BTW try to attend a bible believing church that would give you the undiluted words of God .
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by agwom(m): 7:37am On Sep 11, 2016
Love, humble,trustworthy, kind,accept strangers,bible student...
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by obowunmi(m): 7:41am On Sep 11, 2016
Most Christians are bipolar.

Real Christians are consistent in their behavior. They are usually kind and patient people.

1 Like

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Zellie: 7:46am On Sep 11, 2016
If he's faithful in paying tithes and offering wink
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Ekeke1(m): 7:49am On Sep 11, 2016
They obey God's word,everything written in it. (Ecc.12vs14)
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by AntiWailer: 7:51am On Sep 11, 2016
Towncrier007:
It baffles me when some Christians act as Unbelievers and the next minute Like Christ (Christians).therby making it difficult to differentiate between a genuine one and fake.

So how can one know a genuine child of God. ?

"By their seeds, you shall know them"
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by MadCow1: 7:52am On Sep 11, 2016
Towncrier007:
It baffles me when some Christians act as Unbelievers and the next minute Like Christ (Christians).therby making it difficult to differentiate between a genuine one and fake.

A Man who loves his neighbours as himself. Even if that neighbor is gay, a Muslim, a prostitute or a sinner.

A true Christian is a person that is filled with love.

Jesus is the founder of the Christian faith and his entire message on earth was about love. His last commandment before he floated into the sky was also about love.

That's why I know that alot of the people in church are not true Christians.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by ojnnaco(m): 7:57am On Sep 11, 2016
Edrything you need to know about Christians are in the bible. So search and find out by yourself
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by emis8: 8:00am On Sep 11, 2016
A christian is one who is born again, meaning he has confessed the Lordship of Jesus over his life.

How do you know a true Christian?
The bible tells us how.
Jesus said, these signs shall follow those who believe; In My Name,
1. They shall cast out devils
2. They shall speak with new tongues
3. They shall take up serpants
4. They shall lay hands on the sick and the sick shall recover
5. if they drink any deady thing, it shall not hurt them

Those were the signs Jesus tells us to know those that believe shortly before he was taken into heaven.

1 Like

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Phonefanatic: 8:02am On Sep 11, 2016
Nn
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 11, 2016
I don't fight with people who doubt possibility of deliverance from sin's power. Why? I have come to eee that many are disappointed in pastors and leaders who shew bad example to them, so they see Holiness as hoax. There is nothing like genuine Christian but Christian. Study the book of act and get the details why they were called Christians.
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2016
emis8:
A christian is one who is born again, meaning he has confessed the Lordship of Jesus over his life.

The bible tells us how.

Those were the signs Jesus tells us to know those that believe shortly before he was taken into heaven.
Bastards do these also. In Matthew 7:23-25 Jesus told us that he is going to reject some of these people you listed.
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by shine12: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Towncrier007:

From the following:

Doesn't get offended easily.

Doesn't keep malice over period of time

Does not try to oppress people.Love edifies right.

Treat "non important" people with similar respect He/She gives to "important" people.

Hates sin so much that even a movie with a single sex scene disturbs him/her.

Does not believe once he pays the tithe, God is pleased with me.

In summary being a true follower of Christ is simply not to take the grace of God in vain but pleasing him with our quality of life.Examples in 1 Peter 2 Peter 1 to 3 John.

What passes for christianity nowadays baffles me a lot and many are deceived or not being told the absolute truth as they take the keys to earthly prosperity more serious than the keys of inner prosperity and holiness.

1 Like

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by grace008: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Living large cos my God owns the universe

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2016
Towncrier007:

There are a two ways to identify a true christian:

1. They're NOT Nigerian

2. Look at Number 1.

1 Like

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by shine12: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2016
Zellie:
If he's faithful in paying tithes and offering wink

BIG FALSE

I KNOW THAT'S BEEN DRIVEN INTO YOU FOR DECADES.
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Phonefanatic: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2016
emis8:

The bible tells us how.

Someone with fetish power can do all of these.
Christ like way of life is the yardstick to determine a true Christian. You don't have to perform miracles or must have to speak in tongues.
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2016
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by missjane: 8:11am On Sep 11, 2016
There is no sign per se of a genuine Christian..you believe you are one by faith..though the kingdom of God is not in words alone but display of power Eg healing the sick, raising the dead. That's what differentiates Christianity from other world religions.

''And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.'' Mark 16:17

1 Like

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by adegeye38(m): 8:26am On Sep 11, 2016
Salvation involves three steps:-

FORGIVENESS OF SIN

DELIVERANCE FROM SIN

VICTORY OVER SIN

finally unleashing your powers, treasures and dividends as a christian through FAITH

simple!!!

thats what Christianity is all about...

Its not a RELIGION
its a WAY OF LIFE
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Iseoluwani: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2016
sarutobie:

to add to the above Bible passage, Christ himself said in John 13:35 "by this shall all men know you are my followers, if you LOVE one another"...

I agree with you
God z a God of Love

1cor 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
ESV:And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
ESV:If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
ESV:Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
ESV:or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

When you have love( genuine love /agape love) you will walk in line with God

Love is the fulfilling of the law
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by fifteen1(m): 8:31am On Sep 11, 2016
This question is like asking if you can read the mind perfectly of a human.
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Smellymouth: 8:42am On Sep 11, 2016
suzan404:
[font=serif][i]¤He/She does not love the world’s values====(1John chapter2:15-16)

¤He/She lives in continual sanctification and practical righteousness(1John chapter2:9)

¤He/She can not be overcome by false prophets/teachers and false doctrines(1John chapter4:1-6)

¤He/She has the right view of Christ as being God in flesh and the Christ/Messiah(1John chapter5:1)

¤He/She has fellowship with the Father and the Son(1John chapter1:3-6)

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 11, 2016
[quote author=Smellymouth post=49258110][/quote]

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Smellymouth: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2016
[quote author=suzan404 post=49258211][/quote]

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 11, 2016
[quote author=Smellymouth post=49258228][/quote]

Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by columbus007(m): 9:06am On Sep 11, 2016
He or she who go about with a Big Bible.,the bigger the Bible the bigger the faith undecided
Re: What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? by columbus007(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2016
suzan404:
[font=serif][i]¤He/She does not love the world’s values====(1John chapter2:15-16)

¤He/She lives in continual sanctification and practical righteousness(1John chapter2:9)

¤He/She can not be overcome by false prophets/teachers and false doctrines(1John chapter4:1-6)

¤He/She has the right view of Christ as being God in flesh and the Christ/Messiah(1John chapter5:1)

¤He/She has fellowship with the Father and the Son(1John chapter1:3-6)

these are just the practical only,now how do you tell if he or she is a christian without all these?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Nigerian Churches And The Culture Of Extreme Exploitation / This Is Getting More Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.