Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town (36526 Views)

Governor Wike Investigates Cause Of Flood Just After 10 Hours Downpour (Photos) / Aftermath Of An IED Blast Which Hit A Nigerian Army Mine Resistant Vehicle. PICS / Deplorable State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway During Heavy Downpour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Explorers(m): 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
gebest:
Explorer it seems we entered thesame vehicle, we have to wait for some hours for the flood to subside before we could start our journey again to ak city. It was terrible.

No, am not in any vehicle. Your vehicle has spent hours in front of my house. This is my area, i live here.

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by sanchezJ(f): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
That's d road to my church(LFC itanla)I knw those houses o. Lord pls protect ur children ds raining season.
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by An0nimus: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
Make NEPA no just begin bring light now. them sabi manifest anyhow

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by gebest: 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:

No, am not in any vehicle. Your vehicle has spent hours in front of my house. This is my area, i live here.
great
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Emempaul(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
Liljeez:
You mean Niger republic ryt
and cameroon too yes
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Explorers(m): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Sure, the car would function as a storage facility........

Places like Mississippi, Louisiana are prone to heavy storm/flood in the us submerging hundreds of clean cars for several hours or days. They service the cars, ship them here and we use it.

It will work fine, check Autobidmaster. com
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by lozanni(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
idris4eva:
I still dont know why dey give ondo "the sunshine state" dis my 6th month in d state now and i can count the number of days there was sun..... .. .

Will you prefer, 'The rainfall State'' ? Lolz

Ondo must have a very high amount of rainfall given the rainforest kind of vegetation there.
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by piagetskinner(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
Odikwa very serious
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Lexusgs430: 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:

Places like Mississippi, Louisiana are prone to heavy storm/flood in the us submerging hundreds of clean cars for several hours or days. They service the cars, ship them here and we use it.

They ship them and attempt to sell them, like the real deal right?
Months after purchase the electrical gremlins start troubling the unsuspecting buyer..........
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Lexusgs430: 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:

I would never buy a flood damaged vehicle, no matter how enticing the deal seems........
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by idav: 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
I was on that road today between itanla and akure garage. it was hectic. There is need for more efficient drainage system in this area.
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by ODODO35: 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2016
wia is my governor in Ondo state
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by poyet(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
Castle of Mercy seen in the picture: this rain no mercy for you ooo!

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Fortunatefm: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:

Lol....If Mimiko catch u ehn grin
If The Road Is Like That What About Places Like New Town, Lipakala To Adeyemi College Area.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by alezzy13: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
didnt nigerian meteorological service warn of flooding this year? why were proactive measures not taken?

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by pyxon(m): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ishilove:

And you just had to go tribal, hey? Please move past this primitive behaviour. It has no place in contemporary and progressive societies.

Nigeria isnt contemporary and progressive
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Ishilove: 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
pyxon:

Nigeria isnt contemporary and progressive
Let us pretend it is
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by pyxon(m): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ishilove:
Let us pretend it is

And pretending is your solution to tribalism and nepotism?

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by fortune242(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:
This is to inform travellers trying to through ondo town that the highway is presently submerged
please when was that??
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Armstrong34(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
am fed up wif nigeria....sombori gv me a snipercheesy

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Benoy: 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:
People are stranded. Akure road, Itanla,Ondo.

Uncompleted section of this road is the main reason for the flood. This particular road project was awarded to Homan Engineering along side the Airport-Oba-Ile road by Mimiko in the early days of his first term. Throughout the first term nothing tangible was done on both project to commensurate with the fund released.

Both contracts were revoked one after the other and re-awarded. To think after almost 8 years, this particular road will be in this uncompleted stage is pathetic sad sad

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
I pity those who laugh at the misfortunes of others because what goes around,comes around.The South Eastern and South Western members of Nairaland should grow up.You guys are really reducing this forum to nothing but a place where envy,hatred,anger etc is vented.

I must've been forced to say some silly things couple of times,but the truth of the matter remains that we sail in the same ship as Nigerians and the same hardship is being faced by all.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by AustineAlex(m): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:
My people come be like refugee.
cool grin
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Mikeparlo12(m): 9:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
Jesu gba Mi oooo.....see my Town.
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by Ishilove: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
pyxon:

And pretending is your solution to tribalism and nepotism?
I have already stated that tribalists should move on from their tribalism. What more can be done? Let's pretend Nigeria is progressive and let's act like progressives. In time it will sync.
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by mrlycan: 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
I am in Ondo. This place is close to the governors house. I mean very close
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by phoenixcleans(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
sarrki:
Are we to blame Buhari again ?

Just passed thru akure now

Our governors, house of rep, senate and local governments are doing nothing

It's high time the citizenry wakes up
It is very unfortunate that Ondo state has bn in the hand of pen robbers for close to 8 years. This road links GOV Mimiko's mansion and he has started the dualization of this said just from ILE - OLUJI Junction to ondo city since 2009 yet not completed in 2016. ONDO STATE INDIGENES this is the right time to assess the Present administration for us to decide our future. Don't forget we all voted for the Pretender then believing he will make a difference. LETS JOIN HANDS TO SAY NO TO THIEVES AND LOOTERS.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by kelechi50: 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
@Op you fail in your coverage of the flood,you failed to mention fagun,sporta hotel to Ife garage I spent three hour's between fagun to Ife garage.
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by 3kay945(m): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
idris4eva:
I still dont know why dey give ondo "the sunshine state" dis my 6th month in d state now and i can count the number of days there was sun..... .. .

You will soon know, I hate the sun there with passion.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by jokerphilics(m): 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
Explorers:
Those people are trapped, see our transformer.

When we go get light nw
Like 2 years from now
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by simeonkoolluck(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
What pained most was that i couldn't complete the man utd match i was watching because of the rain! Bad signal ⊙︿⊙
Re: Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town by saudyarmani(m): 11:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
It's 3hours...not 3hour...Op take note...God comfort those who are affected...where proper drainage suppose dey..omo onile Don sell every and the citizens self r making matters worse by pouring refuse into the small drainage wey dey...God Bles$ 9ja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘boko Haram In Zimbabwe En Route South Africa’ / Senator Elisha Abbo: Abike Dabiri Plays The Party Card, Nigerians React / Niger-Delta Militant Called Kachikwu On Phone And Threatened To Blow Pipeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.