Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

America And Corporate Frauds - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / America And Corporate Frauds (560 Views)

More Than 100 Undergraduates Arrested For Internet Frauds -EFCC / The Most Notorious Financial Frauds In History / "Dallas Area Home To Huge Health Care Frauds" (nigerian Americans) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

America And Corporate Frauds by freshcvvs: 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Wells Fargo has been accused by federal regulators of illegal activity on a stunning level. Authorities say employees at the bank secretly created millions of unauthorized bank and credit card accounts between 2011 and July 2015, allowing the bank to make more money in fees and meet internal sales targets.

Wells Fargo agreed to pay penalties of $185 million and fired 5,300 employees over the last few years related to this illegal activity. The news is rocking the industry and rippling across Wells Fargo's millions of customers nationwide.

Former employees tell CNNMoney that they felt incredible demands from managers to meet sales quotas. The same managers turned a blind eye when ethical and even legal lines were crossed.

"I had managers in my face yelling at me," Sabrina Bertrand, who worked as a licensed personal banker for Wells Fargo in Houston in 2013, told CNNMoney. "They wanted you to open up dual checking accounts for people that couldn't even manage their original checking account."

Source: CNN Money
Re: America And Corporate Frauds by agwom(m): 6:43am On Sep 11, 2016

(1) (Reply)

62 Nigerians Committed Suicide In 6 Months – Police / Turai Yar’adua’s Housekeeper Arrested Over Missing N91m Goods / Teacher Admits To Dating 13-yr-old, Carrying His Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.