Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria (1595 Views)

Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? / Central Bank Of Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does CBN Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by CisconAvenger: 10:29am On Sep 11, 2016
The MD of Ciscon Nig Ltd. Mr. Shawley Coker has refused to pay his staff salary for over 4months. Instead he has fled to the US leaving no money behind to pay his staff.

Over a month ago, the Minister of Labour summoned the representatives of Ciscon to a meeting in Abuja where he ordered that the backlog of salaries be paid. The representatives at the meeting - Mr. Orenuga and MR. Boniface Akpan both made a commitment to pay the salaries.

The MD is alleged to have refused the finance staff to pay the salaries even when there was inflow. He said the staff should be left to suffer for daring to join the union. The union has been the major restraint on staff to handling issues as they seem fit.
The MD is also claiming that clients like Chevron are yet to pay him
However info reaching us shows that Chevron has paid, the M.D. however asked that the money be paid in dollars and he received it in his Barclays Account in the US.

The MD of Ciscon in an ill-fated and ill-advised move bought 2 companies in the US. These two companies have been dependent on Ciscon Nig for every expense and is not making any real money. However the staff of Ciscon Inc. In the US who are generating no income have been paid all salaries to date yet the Nigerian staff generating all the money are yet to be paid.

This is call on Mr. Shawley Coker - the former chairman of PETAN and member of the NCMB board to pay his staff salries. The last salary be paid was April Salary. These staff are not pawns, they are men with families.

A call to Mr. YOMI ORENUGA- a retiree of TOTAL, who was paid his entitlement on retirement ans still collects his pension to stop being a party to defrauding staff.

A call to Dr. JOE Ejedawe- a retiree of SHELL who was handsomely paid off by SHELL and also enjoys his pensions to know his Children will reap all that he is sowing.

A call to CHIOMA ken-Oshionya to act like a professional and resign because you have failed as a HR Manager.

A call to the chief thief M.A- you will soon be exposed

The staff are tired of this wickedness, do not push men to the wall. Pay us
Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by soberdrunk(m): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2016
There is a special place in hell for Employers who refuse to pay their staff, i feel your pain my brother, if only the NLC was a 'functioning" organization, cases like this should be their top priority........

3 Likes

Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by CisconAvenger: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
There is a special place for them and they won't miss it but their hell will start from here.

Imagine men who worked and retired collecting several millions sitting on the mergre salaries of younger men?

Imagine transferring all income to the US accounts and crying their is no money?

soberdrunk:
There is a special place in hell for Employers who refuse to pay their staff, i feel your pain my brother, if only the NLC was a 'functioning" organization, cases like this should be their top priority........
Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by visitor30(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
"Over a month ago, the Minister of Labour summoned the representatives of Ciscon to a meeting in Abuja where he ordered that the backlog of salaries be paid. The representatives at the meeting - Mr. Orenuga and MR. Boniface Akpan both made a commitment to pay the salaries".

On the above statement, was there a written and documented commitment on the part of these management's representative tp pay the salary backlog as directed by the Honourable Minister of Labour & Productivity or was it a promise to adhere to what the Minister said.
If there is a documentation to that effect, then the union exco should revoke it and compel management to keep to thier agreement.

1 Like

Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by CisconAvenger: 7:47am On Sep 12, 2016
visitor30:
"Over a month ago, the Minister of Labour summoned the representatives of Ciscon to a meeting in Abuja where he ordered that the backlog of salaries be paid. The representatives at the meeting - Mr. Orenuga and MR. Boniface Akpan both made a commitment to pay the salaries".

On the above statement, was there a written and documented commitment on the part of these management's representative tp pay the salary backlog as directed by the Honourable Minister of Labour & Productivity or was it a promise to adhere to what the Minister said.
If there is a documentation to that effect, then the union exco should revoke it and compel management to keep to thier agreement.

There are many documentations even the ones sigrned by the rep of management. The fact is they are men of no integrity, truce breakers who understand only one style. They think they are wise to play games with people's lives and destinies. It's time to play games with their own too. Talking to them is a wate of time.
Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by oruma19: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2016
I like the kind of seed business owners and their managers are sowing for their children and grandchildren to harvest in due course. A system devoid of sincere leadership as this company is a disgrace to the human race. Nigeria's Constitution allows for union to be formed in every organisation in Nigeria. Why should employers of labor fight against the activities of a union?. The taking over of oil drilling and exploration by Nigerians and d advent of profit sharing amongst owners of service companies was the begining of this problem in the oil industry. The mass pulling out of the Europeans and Americans from the business in Nigeria has brought about the downfall of the industry. Nigeria's agencies in charge of monitoring and regulating the activities of service companies are docile due to corruption. In the end, the Nigerian factor will completely kill the industry and everybody will rest. The solution to this crazy thing may end up being dialogue after a long killing and assassination spree perpetuated against business owners and their managers who deliberately deprive workers of their hard earned monies.
Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by visitor30(m): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2016
[/b]The solution to this crazy thing may end up being dialogue after a long killing and assassination spree perpetuated against business owners and their managers who deliberately deprive workers of their hard earned monies.[b]

@the bolded, please it has not gotten to this and one should be careful putting up such on the internet space. Should such ever come to happen in reality, you might be traced as a suspect.
We know these men and the owner they are supporting are all playing the evil card, which they will live to reap it's reward in this life. The upper management is saying no money to pay staff salary backlog, but these same management staff are not being owed their salaries. Pure WICKEDNESS in high places.
Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by CisconAvenger: 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
oruma19:
I like the kind of seed business owners and their managers are sowing for their children and grandchildren to harvest in due course. A system devoid of sincere leadership as this company is a disgrace to the human race. Nigeria's Constitution allows for union to be formed in every organisation in Nigeria. Why should employers of labor fight against the activities of a union?. The taking over of oil drilling and exploration by Nigerians and d advent of profit sharing amongst owners of service companies was the begining of this problem in the oil industry. The mass pulling out of the Europeans and Americans from the business in Nigeria has brought about the downfall of the industry. Nigeria's agencies in charge of monitoring and regulating the activities of service companies are docile due to corruption. In the end, the Nigerian factor will completely kill the industry and everybody will rest. The solution to this crazy thing may end up being dialogue after a long killing and assassination spree perpetuated against business owners and their managers who deliberately deprive workers of their hard earned monies.

They championed local content but are doing worse than the foreigners. The multinationals trained tbeir staff and ensured their welfare package was good.

They cried for local content and when they got it, they only imlemented their right to bid the same amount as the foreign coys. They cornered the market and charged the same as the foreign companies. They made money in excess of millions of dollars. They however refused to improve personnel welfare package and benefits.

When it comes to charging for services they charge like multinationals but when it comes to salaries they remember theyare indigenous. They barely invest in training of their staff. They 're very greedy men, all they are interested in is their pockets.
Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by DICKtator: 3:25am On Sep 13, 2016
I must confess, I barely know what the labour laws says but I feel it needs to be revisited
Sometimes, in my naivety, I find it so hard to believe someone who hasn't been paid for up to 2months can still be working for the interest of his/her employer!!!
It sounds surreal!!. An employee that is not motivated and has possibly huge financial obligations is a very big risk to any organisation!!!!
Your union guys must have been bought by Management or else ,they won't have to wait for over 4months before requesting for their entitlements or would've picket the company!!!!

And why won't they pay their American counterparts even if they are not making profit? The laws are fully abided by?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by visitor30(m): 8:51am On Sep 13, 2016
Gbam!!!
Truth is bitter though!

DICKtator:
I must confess, I barely know what the labour laws says but I feel it needs to be revisited
Sometimes, in my naivety, I find it so hard to believe someone who hasn't been paid for up to 2months can still be working for the interest of his/her employer!!!
It sounds surreal!!. An employee that is not motivated and has possibly huge financial obligations is a very big risk to any organisation!!!!
Your union guys must have been bought by Management or else ,they won't have to wait for over 4months before requesting for their entitlements or would've picket the company!!!!

And why won't they pay their American counterparts even if they are not making profit? The laws are fully abided by?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by CisconAvenger: 10:56am On Sep 13, 2016
Please Mods help move this to FP.

This is pure victimization of Hardworking Nigerians who helped this man build his empire. He has moved money into his US account and is refusing to pay his Nigerian staff for joining Union.

He however has money to pay his US staff and his shamless GMs. He pays the GSm in dollars which they collect through foreign accounts to avoid tax.

Yet he claims not to have money to pay Nigerians who are still making money for him till today.

Our kids will not be able to resume school, our rents are due. He is owing us 5 months salary.

Please Mods, Save our souls! Thanks

Cc
Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria by CisconAvenger: 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin

My brother na God go help us in Naija o. When a man can boldly do capital flight and move money abroad.

When he can boldly make money yet starve his staff.

When old men who retired from.SHELL and TOTAL become GMs and loose their honour, to become dishonourable old men.

When married women sleep their way up and cannot fulfil their professional obligation.

When thieves masquerade as Oga's boy.

When an old man claims to adopt a small girl but is banging her in hotels.

When a man cheats his own brother and watches his younger brother almost die of illness.

How many can we count? But God will help us get our entitlement.

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is Abia State University For Phd Economics (financial Engineering)? / How To Get A Job Without Work Experience By Abdussalam Amoo / 8 Slow, Difficult Steps To Become A Millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.