Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments (672 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Staff Dressed In Cultural Attires Ahead Of Independence Day(Photos) / Senate Blasts MTN For Moving $14bn Out Of Nigeria, Wants Stanbic IBTC Punished / Photos Of The Lady Who Returned N860k Transferred To Her Account By Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by donshegzy: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2016
A social media user on Instagram (a.okelawal) took to his page to complain about how a financial institution, Stanbic IBTC, messed up his account and wants a payment of N170,000 to correct the said mistake.

He wrote:

This is the Story of How Stanbic Ibtc @stanbicibtc MESSED up my account and asked me to pay 170k (i.e. 170,000) for THEIR mistake.

In June, I made a mistake by trusting Stanbic with a couple of transactions on amazon. The following payments were made:

15th of June – 62,553.58
16th of June – 62,528.44
17th of June – 2 transactions of 62,616.43 each.

The money was debited from my account on the same day as the transaction was made and my account was used up until the 13th of July with the balance of 26,881.62 or so I thought.

Between the 15th of July and 17th of July, I tried to access my account but I was unable to and I thought it was just a fault with my card. Just for me to sign up into my online profile and what I saw as my effective balance changed my understanding of life. I saw -144,308.72. YES, A NEGATIVE BALANCE OF ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY FOUR THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHT NAIRA. I thought it was a mistake and wrote to the bank and went to a branch at yaba and palms. Today is the 9th of September 2016 and after writing letters and visiting their branches, I was told that it was my fault and that I would have to pay.

I am now processing my legal response to all of this but before then, this is to warn you to NEVER use this bank for any foreign transaction. Infact, just don’t use them at all for safety.
Have a nice day.

www.reporterng.com/2016/09/stanbic-ibtc-wants-me-to-pay-n170k-for-thier-mistake-customer-laments/

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by yanabasee(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2016
Ok... You should request for your statement of account and study it before proceeding to sue their azzz!

Wish you well bruv!
Re: Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by AntiWailer: 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
yanabasee:
Ok... You should request for your statement of account and study it before proceeding to sue their azzz!

Wish you well bruv!

lol.

You think they will reply him without knowing their Azzz can not be sued successfully ?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by yanabasee(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
AntiWailer:

lol.

You think they will reply him without knowing their Azzz can not be sued successfully ?

Trust me... One's statement of account is ur evidence to know every transaction details concerning your account...

And it's always given at request! If he's refused his issuance of his SOA...He should then get a good lawyer not a mere street lawyer. That way! The bank will pay double... A way to get rich!
Re: Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by AntiWailer: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
yanabasee:

Trust me... One's statement of account is ur evidence to know every transaction details concerning your account...

And it's always given at request! If he's refused his issuance of his SOA...He should then get a good lawyer not a mere street lawyer. That way! The bank will pay double... A way to get rich!

I trust you but he will waste his money on litigation and still lose.

The bank has a whole department that will handle litigation matters.

Also, did you read all those terms and condition before you signed your account opening form.

Did your lawyer interprete it ?

NO i guess.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by yanabasee(m): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
AntiWailer:

Also, did you read all those terms and condition before you signed your account opening form.

Did your lawyer interpret it ?

NO i guess.

Ofcoz I read them.. And there was no place in their terms n condition that said one's money will be illegally withdrew without notifying the account holders..

He certainly will have his transaction details from amazon on his amazon's account.. If he follows this up rightfully... He will win this case!

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by thesicilian: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
AntiWailer:

NO i guess.
All he needs is a good lawyer. If the lawyer is one that knows his onions, I bet you, the bank will settle before the case even gets to court.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by Obynolee(f): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
AntiWailer:

NO i guess.

On what basis will he sue them?,I see a waste of time and money, One bank did the same thing to me in 2014,I used them to send $5k to China only for me to wake up the next morning and discovered that 30k has been deducted from my account, I rushed and withdrew the balance, some months later,they called me that they made mistake in the exchange rate and requested that I fund the account with 300k so that they will take it,I have forsaken the account since then.No time to waste.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by AntiWailer: 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
Obynolee:

On what basis will he sue them?,I see a waste of time and money, One bank did the same thing to me in 2014,I used them to send $5k to China only for me to wake up the next morning and discovered that 30k has been deducted from my account, I rushed and withdrew the balance, some months later,they called me that they made mistake in the exchange rate and requested that I fund the account with 300k so that they will take it,I have forsaken the account since then.No time to waste.

abi
Re: Stanbic IBTC Wants Me To Pay N170k For Their Mistake – Customer Laments by Opistorincos(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Obynolee:

Baddest nlander ever liveth

(1) (Reply)

Sell Websites On Flippa / Naira Depreciates Against Dollar Again / Ekiti Beats 35 States, FCT; Records Best 2016 June/july NECO Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.