Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential (904 Views)

FIFA Strips Maradona Off Ambassador Role For Giving Nigerian Fans Middle Finger / Ronaldo Names His Potential Successors / Amunike, Gaurdiola And Mourinho In The Same Picture. A Blast From The Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential by djayflex: 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
The world's most expensive player will not get the opportunities he had at Juventus to impress in Jose's current restrictive strategy

From minute one it was clear that Manchester United were never going to be able to compete with Manchester City in a football sense in Saturday’s derby defeat. Pep Guardiola’s team are far closer to the version he’d like than is true for Jose Mourinho and United.

All Mourinho could do was return to the methods which drew ire and blood during those infamous Clasico battles of yore. He asked his men to be more aggressive after dropping two goals behind.

There were bookings for untidy, sometimes violent, tackles on the part of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Marouane Fellaini and Wayne Rooney.

At one stage – after Paul Pogba had come off second best in a 50-50 - Jose turned to his bench, clenched his teeth and smashed the fist of one hand into the palm of the other. He was pleading for more - it was a derby, after all - for more desire to win the tackle, more commitment, and more body-on-the-line football in the middle.

Read more: http://www.istylmagazine.com/news/sports/mourinho-role-not-letting-pogba-reach-his-potential/
Re: Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential by Busch: 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
eiya
Re: Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential by Alexk2(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
Forget story jor. That guy can't justify the huge money on his head. Morinho probably want to intimidate smaller clubs with those huge spendings.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential by eph12(m): 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Alexk2:
Forget story jor. That guy can't justify the huge money on his head. Morinho probably want to intimidate smaller clubs with those huge spendings.
No United fan is asking him to justify the amount. Everyone knows we overpaid and that's the business of the club director and others involved. He only needs to contribute to the success of the team. Finish.
Re: Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential by cocoduck: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
eph12:

No United fan is asking him to justify the amount. Everyone knows we overpaid and that's the business of the club director and others involved. He only needs to contribute to the success of the team. Finish.
exactly, but we had to, we could not qualify for champions league, so we have to over pay, the team has not gelled well, but we still have more than 30 or so matches to play, so I am not worried. I trust mourinho, he started out at Madrid badly, Madrid was beaten 5 zero at saint bernabeu, but won the league at the end.
Re: Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential by Alexk2(m): 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
eph12:

OK now. I wish he can contribute as expected and to your satisfaction.
Re: Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential by eph12(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
cocoduck:
exactly, but we had to, we could not qualify for champions league, so we have to over pay, the team has not gelled well, but we still have more than 30 or so matches to play, so I am not worried. I trust mourinho, he started out at Madrid badly, Madrid was beaten 5 zero at saint bernabeu, but won the league at the end.
Erm he didn't win the league that season o. Won the cup competition though. The team is still in the jelling phase
Re: Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential by eph12(m): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
Alexk2:

OK now. I wish he can contribute as expected and to your satisfaction.
You not a fan so why you pained?
Re: Mourinho Role Not Letting Pogba Reach His Potential by Laorex: 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
cocoduck:

Haaa no,he didnt win the league that season

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Rangers F.C Title Parade : EMBARRASSING . / Carl Ikeme Injured Again / Chelsea Equal Arsenal’s Record For Most Consecutive Wins Within Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.