Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

10 Reasons Why You Can’t Know The Lifestyle Of Nigerians - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Know The Lifestyle Of Nigerians (507 Views)

The Disgusting & Irresponsible Lifestyle Of A Typical Afonja / Get To Know The Nok Culture, Nigeria’s Oldest Known Civilization (pics) / Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why You Can’t Know The Lifestyle Of Nigerians by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
1. They don’t share their experiences, especially the bad ones

2. They pretend a lot

3. When they are with a group of people who believe in a particular thing, they won’t express their own view, rather they will manufacture stories about themselves that will make them fit into the popular opinion

4. They only tell you what you are interested in

5. They judge everything and because no one wants to be judged, they keep a lot to themselves

6. For every issues in Nigeria you are expected to support either party A or B, so you can’t freely bring up your own part

7. Nobody believes any story that sounds too good. We always say, “too good to be true,” so what’s the need of telling a story when no one will believe you

8. Our mindset is “unchangeable.” Everything has a label and it’s unacceptable to talk when you want to say otherwise

9. If it doesn’t apply to me then it’s a lie. E.g, because I graduated from the university at 21, I will never believe anybody graduated at 19.

10. In Nigeria, some things are not just mentioned, even when everybody knows it’s the truth
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Know The Lifestyle Of Nigerians by henriettanenye(f): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Seems you are baring yourself open in this case,Because with the way you wrote it, something is wrong, why not put it that "some" Nigerians

1.I always share my experience, Good or bad because I have good people around me.

2. I don't pretend to be who I am not,I don't ...

3. I don't allow myself to be overshadowed or intimidated by other people's facts once they are my age mates, friends and not over sabi sabi

low ba3 babe...
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Know The Lifestyle Of Nigerians by fckmn24seg(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
True
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Know The Lifestyle Of Nigerians by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
This is just somebody's opinion. Have plenty facts though
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Know The Lifestyle Of Nigerians by abdeiz(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
I have never seen someone portray a topic like this so accurately on this forum, though it should not be generalized to all Nigerians but we know people who are like that.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Know The Lifestyle Of Nigerians by Dotmanroy(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hmm.. Not all are tru though
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Know The Lifestyle Of Nigerians by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
henriettanenye:
Seems you are baring yourself open in this case,Because with the way you wrote it, something is wrong, why not put it that "some" Nigerians

1.I always share my experience, Good or bad because I have good people around me.

2. I don't pretend to be who I am not,I don't ...

3. I don't allow myself to be overshadowed or intimidated by other people's facts once they are my age mates, friends and not over sabi sabi

low ba3 babe...
If you do a research, you can't draw your conclusion from the minority but from the majority. i am sure you know i don't mean every Nigerian. But in the case of experience, i once heard a white couple share openly on TV how their marriage survived after the wife cheated. The wife was freely telling the story..... CAN YOU DO THAT IN NIGERIA WITHOUT PEOPLE LEAVING THE MESSAGE TO TALK ABOUT YOUR INIQUITY AND ABUSE YOU ON TOP.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Diwali 2016, Diwali Quotes, Image. Messages For Whatsapp And Facebook / Who Can Translate This To Yorùbá? / Isn't The Village The Most Awesome Place To Be In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.