Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,183 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia (1091 Views)

Nigerian Jersey For The World Cup Voted Best In The World / Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark / Mikel, Others Stop Siasia From Resigning As Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by delikay4luv: 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
Coach of the bronze winning under-23 team, Samson Siasia, has said that the team used one set of Jersey through out the African Championship in Senegal and preparation for the Olympics.
He also described the period as the most difficult of his career.
Siasia told Punch during the weekend how he begged for the team not to be thrown out of a hotel in Atlanta, USA during the camping for the Games.
He said: “I think it’s the most difficult ever; my mum was kidnapped and we managed to win the African championship in Senegal. When things like these happen, all I’m saying is that they should appreciate someone that sacrificed everything that ensured this country got to the Olympics.”
The coach pointed out that heand his players went through a difficult time during preparations for the Olympics in Brazil and were not encouraged by the sports handlers in the country.
“I saw on social media an NFF official saying he wants to destroy Samson Siasia’s career. Is that how you appreciate people? What have I done that anyone wants to destroy my career? All I did was to sacrifice everything I had. (Segun) Oduduwa got injured, I paid from my purse; it’s my money.
“And, it’s not just for one or two players. We didn’t have water to drink; we found a way to get water to drink because we wanted to make sure the players were perfect.
“They wanted to kick us out of the hotel, I begged the woman in the hotel so that we could stay before we got our tickets to travel. Is that how you treat someone that’s sacrificed everything he has for the country? I don’t think that’s right.”
He said his players had to wash and wear same set
of jerseys for two years.
“We used one set of jerseys for matches throughout the competition because we didn’t have any other set of jerseys.
“We played with one set of jerseys in Senegal (African U-23 championship) to qualify (for the Olympics).
“There are people that are wicked; they don’t see any good thing that comes out of your dedication and commitment towards trying to ensure that the country gets something back.
“Look at the final of the Olympics, after Brazil and Germany, the Nigerian flag was next. That means we’ve done well.
“The colours there were green, white, and green. I know Nigerians were happy about that and I thank them for their support – it was overwhelming.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/11/player-washed-wore-set-jersey-two-years-siasia/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by BLINGZ88: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
Sorry bro, this is not Jonathan. You would have gotten a reward for ur hard work
Re: My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by delikay4luv: 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Let the blame game continue
Re: My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by amagunnerfan: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
BLINGZ88:
Sorry bro, this is not Jonathan. You would have gotten a reward for ur hard work
Why don't you leave the f*ck bigotry to the politics section you pathetic bigot.

1 Like

Re: My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by BLINGZ88: 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Why don't you leave the f*ck bigotry to the politics section you pathetic bigot.
who is this mumu, who was talking to u? Just taking Panadol 4 another man's biz. Nsogbu dikwa

1 Like

Re: My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by BLINGZ88: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
amagunnerfan:
if my freedom of expression is vexing u, go hang ur self in front of aso rock
Re: My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by amagunnerfan: 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
BLINGZ88:
who is this mumu, who was talking to u? Just taking Panadol 4 another man's biz. Nsogbu dikwa
By their posts you shall know them. Product of a misappropriated cu.m.

2 Likes

Re: My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by amagunnerfan: 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
BLINGZ88:
if my freedom of expression is vexing u, go hang ur self in front of aso rock
If only your father had pulled. If only.
Re: My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by BLINGZ88: 5:14am On Sep 12, 2016
amagunnerfan:
If only your father had pulled. If only.
I'm sorry if my post offended you. But the truth is that good luck Jonathan is a president that listens, anyway I never meant to tackle any one including Mr president. In nigeria, we should start calling a spade, a spade. And stop all this ethnic wahala. Again am sorry if my post offended you.
Re: My Player Washed And Wore Same Set Of Jersey For Two Years – Siasia by bjt(m): 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
BLINGZ88:
I'm sorry if my post offended you. But the truth is that good luck Jonathan is a president that listens, anyway I never meant to tackle any one including Mr president. In nigeria, we should start calling a spade, a spade. And stop all this ethnic wahala. Again am sorry if my post offended you.

Nigeria as a country has history of not taking good care of the national teams. It has almost become a culture. The Ministry of Sports has always been poor in handling things even when there was no recession.
Na today Nigeria coach dey complain of unpaid salaries? Just go back to memory lane. Every indigenous coach have been treated badly

(1) (Reply)

FRSC Abuja Are Champions Of Nationwide League One Super 8 Tournament / The Many Faces Of Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp / Nigeria Players Arrived Morocco Ahead Of 2018 World Cup Qualifiers Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.