Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Chilling Interview Of Ibraheem El-zakzaky, Leader Of The Shiites In 1999 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chilling Interview Of Ibraheem El-zakzaky, Leader Of The Shiites In 1999 (486 Views)

El-zakzaky: Thousands Take To Streets To Protest Release Of Nigeria’s Islamic Cl / Police Killed Two Shiites In Kano, Islamic Movement Claims / Video : Government Empowerment: Interview Of The Year Lol.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chilling Interview Of Ibraheem El-zakzaky, Leader Of The Shiites In 1999 by bobbymishark(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Recently I stumbled upon a 1999 Tell Magazine where I found this chilling interview with Ibraheem El-Zakzaky leader of Islamic movement popularly called Shiites following the raging controvery triggered off by zamfara state at that time. and decided to share. Excerpts below:
Q. In spite of your advice that there should be caution about the sharia being implemented in zamfara state, the government there went ahead to launch it. How do you feel about this (now)?
I will say it is a welcome development. My caution has been that one should understand the sharia to be in the last series of forces in the establishment of Islam. sharia is a code of life which makes law on all aspects of human endeavor. It should not be narrowed to a sort of punishment. That sort of law envisages that an environment has already been created which is conducive for the application of the sharia. It means that the environment is already clean and the laws are there to protect the ills from coming back.

Q. Do we have that kind of environment in Nigeria now?
That is why we always say that it looks like what is supposed to come last is being brought to be the first step. However, I know, for sure, that when they go ahead they would come to terms with reality.

read more: https://bobbymishark..com.ng/2016/09/chilling-interview-of-ibraheem-el.html

(1) (Reply)

Mrs Aisha Buhari Meets Billionaire Wife Melinda Gates In New York / New Method Of Scammer Withdrawing Money From Your ACCOUNT, Be Warn / INI EDO The Nollywood Star Speaks On Tourism In The Just Concluded NAFEST 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.