Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Sos To Fashola All Federal Roads Linking Southeast Have Collapsed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sos To Fashola All Federal Roads Linking Southeast Have Collapsed (606 Views)

Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's Sleeping Photo That Went Viral / Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sos To Fashola All Federal Roads Linking Southeast Have Collapsed by Abagworo(m): 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
I think time for blame game is over as we are matching towards 2nd year of masses backed paradigm shift in Nigerian politics which saw a ruling party losing power for the 1st time. While we appreciate the gains made as well as the challenging economic situation stemming from sharp drop in oil prices, it cannot be an excuse for failure or business as usual. Yours truly made a brief journey accross Southeast and I can't help but feel sad about our plight. I plied Port Harcourt to Enugu via Aba and Umuahia, Enugu to Onitsha via Awka and then Onitsha to Port Harcourt via Owerri. None of the roads is even good. Onitsha/Owerri expressway is almost caving in at Okija with some potholes close to Owerri but is by far the best or probably the only motorable link road in Southeast.

I'm home in Port Harcourt right now and thinking about the best solution. It is true that Igbos have taken it upon themselves to fight Buhari government and didn't even give meaningful vote to APC but we are all Nigerians. It is equally true that the roads are in this condition because tbe last PDP government which Igbos supported took Igbos for granted and felt they are politically irrelevant hence the neglect but we have to find a lasting solution to road crisis.

My suggestion is absolute privatization of roads. We can do it like we did in privatizing power. Its time to start selling the highways to willing registered corporations so that they make money and maintain the roads. The road crisis in Southeast is beyond government right now.
Re: Sos To Fashola All Federal Roads Linking Southeast Have Collapsed by kettle84(m): 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Abagworo:
I think time for blame game is over as we are matching towards 2nd year of masses backed paradigm shift in Nigerian politics which saw a ruling party losing power for the 1st time. While we appreciate the gains made as well as the challenging economic situation stemming from sharp drop in oil prices, it cannot be an excuse for failure or business as usual. Yours truly made a brief journey accross Southeast and I can't help but feel sad about our plight. I plied Port Harcourt to Enugu via Aba and Umuahia, Enugu to Onitsha via Awka and then Onitsha to Port Harcourt via Owerri. None of the roads is even good. Onitsha/Owerri expressway is almost caving in at Okija with some potholes close to Owerri but is by far the best or probably the only motorable link road in Southeast.

I'm home in Port Harcourt right now and thinking about the best solution. It is true that Igbos have taken it upon themselves to fight Buhari government and didn't even give meaningful vote to APC but we are all Nigerians. It is equally true that the roads are in this condition because tbe last PDP government which Igbos supported took Igbos for granted and felt they are politically irrelevant hence the neglect but we have to find a lasting solution to road crisis.

My suggestion is absolute privatization of roads. We can do it like we did in privatizing power. Its time to start selling the highways to willing registered corporations so that they make money and maintain the roads. The road crisis in Southeast is beyond government right now.
I think it is wrong to say Igbo's have taken it upon themselves to fight Buhari. The Southeast is part of Nigeria and shouldn't be neglected .The federation most have a rethink .the governors and citizens of the southeast must come around and chart a way forward and have a political direction to be politically relevant. we must participate smartly in politics, no region can fight for us we must do it ourselves. the era of playing football and going to market on election day is over. we have the population and must have a common political destiny to achieve greatness in Nigeria.
Re: Sos To Fashola All Federal Roads Linking Southeast Have Collapsed by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
lemme book space.
if swansea beat chelsea i will comment
Modified.
Since Swansea could just manage a draw, I won't say much.
I don't think , privatization of the roads will make any difference, what we need is a better transport system , coupled with more sincerity on the parts of central south eastern State governors.
I have had to lie about not being around just to avoid travelling out of rivers state. When my younger brother was not feeling fine, I travelled to imo state, and felt sorry for commuters, forget about going to abia state that is another story.
This and coupled with increase in criminality on our eastern highways.

The solution I feel should be state governments' investing in road maintainance equipmrnts with each state having a ministry for road rehabilitation.
But then it all depends on SINCERITY.

cc abagworo mynd44
Re: Sos To Fashola All Federal Roads Linking Southeast Have Collapsed by Doug07034780891(m): 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
This is the Owerri section of PH-Imo road and it is the worst road in the entire southern Nigeria. All the federal roads in Imo state are terribly bad and represents the worst roads even in the entire southern Nigeria. Let Okoroawusa use his good office as the only APC state in the southeast to get the roads fixed first before talking about others. Stop drawing down others to your own state level as they are far better in all spheres. Learn to focus on your state and leave others alone. Nobody is stopping your governor from doing what is right for your state, leave others alone particularly Anambra and it's people as we have nothing in common with you nor your people. Leave Anambra out of your crocodile-care, leave us alone and focus on your own Imo state. A word is enough for the wise..

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Eid Al-adha: Boko Haram Opens Fire Travellers In Maiduguri / Nigeria; The Curse That Caused Our Problem / Controversy! Exposed, 453 Killed In Blood Sacrifice – Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.