Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture (45285 Views)

I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area? / Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by nelsonnelly(m): 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
kettykin:

http://punchng.com/nigeria-spends-22bn-food-importation-minister/
This so government is heartless and deeply wicked. The masses appointed them to make things better but they turned out to be the reverse. in 2014/2015 bag of rice was #8500/#9000. but presently is now #22000. God will keep on providing for us. Abi now wey e be #22000 we no dey chop rice?

2 Likes

Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by comfy16(f): 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Happy Recession Descendants Of a fallen Angel grin[/quote]

this'happy recession' got me cracking hia! no greeting wey we no go hear for naija
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by kruzyempire(m): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Just listen to our ministers .........naija i hail thee...
angry angry
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by nonjebose(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2016
The guy just finished a carton of Heineken. You guys should free him.
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by misscall247: 12:12am On Sep 12, 2016
hrykanu231:
There is something with minsters in Buhari 's cabinet and unguarded utterances. This alone can cause panic buying which will lead to hoarding of the product and ultimately scarcity of the product. Thus granting his silly statements reality.

Instead of getting consumers so scared, why not tell both the producers and consumers plans th govt has put in place to support the cultivation of rice (I guess no plans). Enough of this cluelessness...

lol.....thy no know dat one,na only trait thy sabi
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Sheggy13(m): 12:15am On Sep 12, 2016
Collins9156:
From Oby Ezekwesili
I still find it funny that most people don't know why Nigeria economy went into recession, they love the incompetent lies of Lai Mohammed about the past government ruining everything. It's also myopic to think that if Jonathan were to still be in power, we would be worse off. The truth about Nigeria's recession is this; it was caused by the president's unguided rhetoric and uncultured body language. Firstly, there is nothing we are buying today that we weren't buying 5 years ago, therefore it's not our purchase that put pressure on Naira but withdrawal of funds by foreign investors. After the election, the president created instability with his unguided statements about how everyone is corrupt and how everyone is going to jail. The instability made foreign investors to liquidate their investment and change their money to dollars. In the process of trying to flee, they were willing to buy dollars at any price, which lead to high exchange dollar rate. Even though some of them were not ready to run away, but want their money in dollars to save their investments from devaluation, the president gave a bad signal by banning deposit of foreign currency into dormiciliary accounts. That was enough for free market believers to see the draconian handwriting on the wall, that was the beginning of dollar rush. To make matters worse, the president came up with another outrageous policy of rationing dollar to certain sectors and blocking many sectors out. That was the nail in the coffin which facilitated the emergence of free FALL. In the end, foreign investors took over $80B out of the economy within a short period and everything went down to free fall. To those who believe it will be worse if Jonathan is still there, you are all wrong. Policy continuity and political stability will not let billions of dollars leave our shores within such tiny time frame. Even though the government might have income shortage, the private sector will weather the storm by their confidence in the market. The fear of the unknown created by PMB is responsible for the economic downturn not low oil price. Interest rate in America is currently at 0.5% while it is 12% in Nigeria. JP Morgan Chase will not mind borrowing $50 billion from Feds at 0.5 and put in Nigeria for return of %2000 profit. Citi bank will do the same, likewise US Bank Corp. Chase gave Buhari warning about the repercussions of his fixing policy before they pulled out, but his illiterate cyber warriors and misseducated e-soldiers said JPMORGAN can go to hell, they no longer believe in economic metrics since their messiah is in charge. Funny enough they are all suffering today because of the stupid policy, but they find relief by blaming it on past administration and Gucci appetite of average Nigerians. For your information, if your president "kontunu" with his unguided rhetoric, Naira will go down to N1000/1 $. But we thank God, he is no longer talking.
Can you please give me a link to this article. Thanks
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by SycophanticGoat: 12:19am On Sep 12, 2016
idupaul:
Zombies be like Buhari we are behind you gidigba abeg who rice epp

Hahahahahaha.. you got it 100% right!! Your comment reminds me of back in 2015, when we started crying out about investors leaving the country in droves. What did them foolish and senseless zombies say?

They are after their own pocket..
Let them leave, other investors will come..
They must be corrupt..
Of what benefit are they to our society (who them epp)?

And so many other useless statements from them gullible and bigoted numbskulls..

Buhari is a useless vagabond - Mynd44, 2018...

1 Like

Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by XaintJoel20: 12:22am On Sep 12, 2016
teejaypee:
Dafuq!

Libya loading!!! cool
Bros I take Lalasticlala beg you, wait for me make we go together...
Thanks...
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by SycophanticGoat: 12:28am On Sep 12, 2016
asuustrike2009:
9JA BIBLE on the trend(APC Chapter 1)

1. And it came to pass, when the Lord would punish Nigeria, that he gave them a president under whose hand they were mightily oppressed.
2. Before he ascended the throne, he made them hope, with all manner of promises, that he would bring them to the promised land before the coming year began.
3. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria grew restless with their good condition, and sorely vexed the president under whose hand they had prospered, so that he would not have the office of the president again, but rather resented it.
4. In those days also the Boko haramites laid siege to the north, and slew of the people three and twenty thousand, intending to set up a kingdom which would be ruled by Islam.
5. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria remembered not the good deeds of Jonathan, but thrust him out of the throne, and made Buhari president in his stead.
6. Buhari was seventy and(?) years old when he began to reign. He reigned one and a half years in Nigeria, and the land became impoverished under him.
7. He persecuted also a few of the people, accusing them and casting them into prison. Thus, the opposition was subdued, the people could not find bread to eat and there was hunger in the land.
8. And the end become uncertain as there was wailing and gnashing of teeth

God punish devil (Buhari)... grin cheesy
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by SycophanticGoat: 12:29am On Sep 12, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
I guess you're engrossed so much with tribal wars to know very well the dogs that bark with you cos u got the wrong person, so kindly get the flying fùck awtta my mentions and lemme surf the internet with peace angry

I won't ask again!

LoL.. the jhadist you see today, you shall see no more.. I love how you handled yourself bro.. keep it up.. smiley
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 12, 2016
More like if Nigerians keep tollorating buhari and his frozen brain, the price of every thing will go up
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Decryptor(m): 1:50am On Sep 12, 2016
simpleseyi:

A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot read. Educated children of hate and anger who do not read are worse than almajaris who cannot read.

Go over the paragraphs which I have quoted and tell me if you do deserve the school certificates that you are holding. The honourable minister was telling Niger Deltans that Agriculture is the future of the region and not oil and militancy, so they should start their future now by going into farming, yet you useless fools are crying and wailing your future away, later you will say the North and the South West have snatched your future from you.

You wey read nko? Wetin you carry all your reading do? You go vote or support an old grandpa that has no clear vision for Nigeria. Teacher no teach me nonsense

1 Like

Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by nextprince: 3:02am On Sep 12, 2016
higherpower:

U may b th on mad for not understanding English
And u think what u typed up there is English huh? Continue. grin
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by leghagha: 3:13am On Sep 12, 2016
It can only happen if naira falls to. 800 to a dollar
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by emmykk(m): 5:19am On Sep 12, 2016
ogawisdom:
angry Hw can d Federal Govt Agric minister be this negative with his utterances
He is not negative.he just said the home truth.do you want him to lie.....besides you didnt read the post.it is punchng that twist it headline to make sentimental read
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 12, 2016
grin
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by tafabaloo(m): 5:27am On Sep 12, 2016
nextprince:
Is he mad? What's the meaning of that?

Continue to call him a mad man.
E go do us like film by the time the smallest loaf of bread sells for #700.

We better start planning for the raining day,and see how nigeria economy can become better by diversifying fully into other sectors, including agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by shadowid: 5:43am On Sep 12, 2016
its very good. if u can't produce don't eat. datz all. d benefits of dis in d long run gonna b splendid
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by nextprince: 5:45am On Sep 12, 2016
tafabaloo:

Continue to call him a mad man.
E go do us like film by the time the smallest loaf of bread sells for #700.

We better start planning for the raining day,and see how nigeria economy can become better by diversifying fully into other sectors, including agriculture.
I think u are punching the wrong person bro. I have never been against the policy of diversification. My grouse with him in this case is the unguarded speech creating unnecessary tension. Leaders should know how to manage information especially when addressing the public. A medical doctor should put in more effort in the management of a particular ailment rather than latching on the severity of the case to the hearing of the patient. That's my point.
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by jordinsparkles(f): 5:53am On Sep 12, 2016
Idiot!! You are not even ashamed to say that crap. I don't know what Nigerian so-called ministers are turning into.
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

LoL.. the jhadist you see today, you shall see no more.. I love how you handled yourself bro.. keep it up.. smiley
cheesy.....morning sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by nextprince: 6:07am On Sep 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

God punish devil (Buhari)... grin cheesy
Is that what u were told in the church? Continue cheesy
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by dragunov: 6:08am On Sep 12, 2016
greatgod2012:
It will get to a stage in this country that the poor will not have anything else to eat, and they would resort to eating the rich!

Continue....
There is God....
Wow wow wow wow! Just hold it right there. Just because Heineken said something does not necessarily mean its gonna be. On what basis would rice sell for 40k? People are already farming rice in droves. And more people are venturing into it. And both states and federal government are committed. And the commitment will continue to grow. So whats the fuss? Is it not better you advise your vandalising, murderous, thieving briggands to go and farm? Can't they drop their guns and bombs and go for farming implements? The money they give to russians in exchange for weapons can be used to purchase better things. Stop blaming Buhari.
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Royals1st: 6:09am On Sep 12, 2016
kettykin:

http://punchng.com/nigeria-spends-22bn-food-importation-minister/

So mean we should be ready to buy a bag of rice 40k anyway thanks for letting us know asap
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by chibuzo9(m): 6:15am On Sep 12, 2016
even if rice cost 100k per bag in december God we stil provide for his ppl
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Muhammadgusau03: 6:46am On Sep 12, 2016
I didn't understand this APC government, the hardship is too much for Nigerians but instead of them to find a short term solution, they keep on frightening us everyday,they are not telling us the truth or saying good things abt the nation...... Iam a Northern but this issue is beyond tribalism or regionalism, the plain truth is this administration is failure
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Niyi25(m): 7:16am On Sep 12, 2016
grin cheesy ds made me remember back dn wn we only eat rice on Xmas day. God help my Kantri
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by 9jatatafo(m): 7:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Sick people in power
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by EKPETI(m): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2016
This govt. Keep tell us our problems in this country rather than telling us the solutions to these problems and policies that hv been laid down and action taken.

They go and ask ex-agric.minister wht did 2 achieve in last administratin. God bless us all.
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by deluxecad(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2016
nextprince:
Is he mad? What's the meaning of that?

Read the content, the message is not in the headline.
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by nextprince: 8:42am On Sep 12, 2016
deluxecad:

Read the content, the message is not in the headline.
Rather, it's u that should re-read it. Price of rice was 12k some months ago, it is about 26k now and it is likely to hit 40k by Dec if we don't start producing. Meaning, if we remain this way, in less than 4 months, rice will be 40k. How did he explain the $22bn spent on food importation? I repeat, is he mad?
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by tunary(m): 9:29am On Sep 12, 2016
High Buhari relinquish power

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Kind Of Snake Is This? / Do You Want Your Baby Naturally Chubby And Healthy? / Costing Of Rice For 200 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.