Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

How Do You Register A Professional Body - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Register A Professional Body (2196 Views)

Good News (become A Member Of A Professional Body, I. B. A) / How Can I Register A Business Name With CAC Without A Lawyer? / How Much Does It Cost To Register A Company With CAC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Register A Professional Body by seyenko(m): 9:07am On Oct 08, 2009
Morning Nairanians,
Please how does one go about registering a professional body that will conduct exams and issue certificates for such exams. Thank you
Re: How Do You Register A Professional Body by jameau(m): 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2009
@poster,most professional bodies are established by statute i.e the national assembly e.g ICAN.This means you will have to apply for a charter from the national assembly.but before you can get this ,you would need to show them you have been existing as an association and what you have achieved so far.So ,the first step is for you to register ur association with the CAC under part C (incorporated trustees) and much later when you have gained ground ,apply for the charter.

You can contact me if you are interetsed in registering with the CAC cos thats what i do.call me on 08052508679 for clarifications or mail me @ akoladejamo@yahoo.com
Re: How Do You Register A Professional Body by seyenko(m): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2009
I haven't actually the body i want to register is actually a Nigerian Chapter of a UK body, so how will that work out?
Re: How Do You Register A Professional Body by jameau(m): 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2009
even if its the chapter or subsidiary of a foreign company or association ,it still has to be registered in nigeria to be recognjised under nigerian law. SECTION 56 CAMA.So the process is still the same,register the trustees of the body in nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do With 50k / China Zoo Under Fire For Disguising Dog As Lion - SCAM BY CHINESE!! / Recharge Voucher Printing (sub-dealers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.