Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Fraudsters On Rampage - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudsters On Rampage (512 Views)

Policeman Kills Okada Rider In Benue State, Residents Go On Rampage (Graphic Pic / Cult Members Go On Rampage In Mushin, Lagos, Many Injured / Policewoman Kills Danfo Driver In Lagos; Area Boys On Rampage (graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fraudsters On Rampage by Boss13: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
I understand that the economic situation in the country is tough, but I do not understand why young men will decide to be dumb and want to get themselves arrested.

I just received a text message from 08130640780, below is the content

DEAR CUSTOMER, CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA HAS BLOCKED YOUR ACCT & ATM CARD DUE TO INCOMPLETE BVN REGISTRATION, CALL CUSTOMER CARE 08134554303 TO RE-ACTIVATE

I called the number, a male voice was at the receiving end called Mr. Segun, I believe that should be a pseudo name. I informed him I just received an SMS and he asked if I had done my BVN, I said yes, then I proceeded to ask him what department does he work in CBN. He hanged up. I called back, he said I should go to any of our Bank.

Unfortunately, the guy does not know he has committed a crime - intent to defraud another person. I sent him a text that I am going to track his number and he would be arrested.

I don't get why the guy would think people will be gullible. First, CBN does not relate with Bank's customers and they do not have a customer representative department. The CBN, is a Bankers' Bank, a regulator and not a financial intermediary.

I am sending this so that it can be broadcasted so people do not fall for it and lose their money, but that guy I will arrest him. Please note the numbers or any subsequent numbers and likewise broadcast to friends and families.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Man Corspe Found Floating On Flood Water At Ariara Market, Aba / News Flash: Kidnapped Lagos Landlords Regains Their Freedom (photo) / Photos: Shooting Stars Defender Allegedly Shot Dead By JTF In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.