Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? (1442 Views)

Pictures from The Bank War Happening On Twitter / Ubong Ekpe, Sky Bank Manager And His Brother Drown At A Beach Party In Akwa Ibom / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Help, my fellow Nlanders. Please i need advises. Is it possible to talk confidentially to the Bank Manager concerning my late dad's account?

Note: I'm the next of kin. And i've gone through all neccesary procedure from the High Court.
But the time they ask me to come back looks very far because times are hard. Plus, i have to keep up with school.
Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by dav8id(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
my bro no short cut on this stuff man..

you have to wait for the 21 days or plus as require by the court

no short cut and no bank manager will even listen to you without the letter of admin

the bank can only release the money in the bank to the court while the court will issue you cheque or take you tp the bank and cash the money on your behalf and then hand it over to you.

Tue bank will even try to convince you to leave the money for some time sef.

I'm talking from experience bro

1 Like

Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
No bank manager will do that, even if the bank manager knows ur family very well. Just be patient. Mine took less than 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by AntiWailer: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
No dear.

Did popsy leave a will ?

Next of Kin does not mean much

You still av to go thru process to have the right to his stuffs.

Next Of Kin just mean talk to this dude in case u cnt reach me.
Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
dav8id:
my bro no short cut on this stuff man..

you have to wait for the 21 days or plus as require by the court

no short cut and no bank manager will even listen to you without the letter of admin

the bank can only release the money in the bank to the court while the court will issue you cheque or take you tp the bank and cash the money on your behalf and then hand it over to you.

Tue bank will even try to convince you to leave the money for some time sef.

I'm talking from experience bro

21days of publication has expired. Afterwhch i was asked to come with 2 sureties with valid documents/paticulars. I've done dat too. Den, i was given a letter frm court to the bank to confirm d account. After dat, the bank replied d court. Then, i was asked to come back by november to check if d letter is ready.
My guy, in this our current time, even tomorrow is too far. Let alone, now to november. On a normal note, if things are fine, it's not far. But tins are hard.
Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
AntiWailer:
No dear.
Did popsy leave a will ?
Next of Kin does not mean much
You still av to go thru process to have the right to his stuffs.
Next Of Kin just mean talk to this dude in case u cnt reach me.
I've gone through all the legal stuff required.
21days of publication has expired. Afterwhch i was asked to come with 2 sureties with valid documents/paticulars. I've done dat too. Den, i was given a letter frm court to the bank to confirm d account. After dat, the bank replied d court. Then, i was asked to come back by november to check if d letter is ready. My guy, in this our current time, even tomorrow is too far. Let alone, now to november. On a normal note, if things are fine, it's not far. But tins are hard.
Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by dav8id(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Alisteven:

21days of publication has expired. Afterwhch i was asked to come with 2 sureties with valid documents/paticulars. I've done dat too. Den, i was given a letter frm court to the bank to confirm d account. After dat, the bank replied d court. Then, i was asked to come back by november to check if d letter is ready.
My guy, in this our current time, even tomorrow is too far. Let alone, now to november. On a normal note, if things are fine, it's not far. But tins are hard.

guy if na DAT one ehn , foul play dey ..it too long

its suppose to be 14 days bro ...

well I can't help but it suppose to be 14 days
I do all my process in 3 months plus..

why it even reach that long. is because of the 21 days strike by Nasarawa state judiciary then ...

I don't know if because my pussy is a retired judge sha that's why the consider me..but I guess no...
Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
dav8id:

guy if na DAT one ehn , foul play dey ..it too long

its suppose to be 14 days bro ...

well I can't help but it suppose to be 14 days
I do all my process in 3 months plus..

why it even reach that long. is because of the 21 days strike by Nasarawa state judiciary then ...

I don't know if because my pussy is a retired judge sha that's why the consider me..but I guess no...

I guess because u have someone as a rtd judge.
No foul play. I stil hav d news paper dat published it. Although, they said the's a tournament been sponsored by the Chief Justice. So the judiciaries are on vacation.
But dat november is far for me.
Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by Chirolechick: 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
No bank will release anything to you trust me, I handle death benefits too, the LA is a must o, Infact search will still be carried out on it. And for the person that said the money will be given to the court, its not true, once the LA is submitted and the search is done on it and it's certified OK, you'll need to open an estate account where the money will be paid to (though this isn't compulsory sha) but it's necessary if you want sharp process with the money so the bank can still retain the funds with them and you can have access to it too.
About the guy that said foul play is involved, there is no foul play o, its just naija and their unnecessary bureaucracy
Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Chirolechick:
No bank will release anything to you trust me, I handle death benefits too, the LA is a must o, Infact search will still be carried out on it. And for the person that said the money will be given to the court, its not true, once the LA is submitted and the search is done on it and it's certified OK, you'll need to open an estate account where the money will be paid to (though this isn't compulsory sha) but it's necessary if you want sharp process with the money so the bank can still retain the funds with them and you can have access to it too.
About the guy that said foul play is involved, there is no foul play o, its just naija and their unnecessary bureaucracy

I do have an account with the same bank. So, transfering it to mine still means it's with them.
Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by dav8id(m): 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Alisteven:

I guess because u have someone as a rtd judge.
No foul play. I stil hav d news paper dat published it. Although, they said the's a tournament been sponsored by the Chief Justice. So the judiciaries are on vacation.
But dat november is far for me.

in that case , you have no option than to wait .

I think is just 2 months ahead ..alternative , you can collect loan from someone and settle the person after you get access to your puppsy account nah..

since there is money in the bank grin Lola joke oo
Re: Letter Of Administration. Can I Talk With The Bank Manager? by dearie(m): 5:12am On Sep 12, 2016
Chirolechick:

Completely agree with you.

You will need to open an Estate account which will warehouse popsie's funds and will be running it. it's the simplest thing to do when the LA is ready.

i think you were told November just to be on the safe side. it is safer this days to under-promise and over-deliver. so you don't come and cause a scene in the banking hall if you show up too soon.

Best of luck guy.

This is calling on us to prepare a Will while we can. It doesn't mean we are calling on death any sooner. it is just to stave off stresses like this which in any case is actually the least of troubles this can cause. You don't want your 'sweat' squandered at your exit leaving your loved ones out of it. There are even instances where investments are left unclaimed in banks and a shady staff who notices that no family member comes forward to claim it after sometime will fraudulently arrange for it to be 'stolen'.

Prepare a Will today. Be open on your finances and investments especially to your immediate family. So you don't lose these investments to criminals when you are gone. Next of kin is most of the times useless unless you act on it and approach the organisation.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Target Customers Today / Yahoo Has Changed To Altaba? - Here Is What You Need To Know / The New Tricks On How To Increase Your Company Or Business Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.