Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,764 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Should Christians Involve In Politics? What's Your Take? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Involve In Politics? What's Your Take? (362 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie: Any Love That Does Not Involve Giving Is Fake / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? / Top 6 Pastors That Are Heavily Involved In Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Christians Involve In Politics? What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2016

Recently I told myself I would never look or speak against politicians with contempt.

Why?

Jesus said a good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit and vice versa.

Since I know that majority (if not all) of our politicians are unregenerated (Don't say I'm judging, that's the truth), then why do I expect them to do good things?

Why I do expect them to make good the country?

Fix the roads, water, and electricity.

C'mmon these are not saints, so the tendency to do good is very miniature.

Why should I be expecting good fruits from bad trees?

Do I want to make Jesus a liar?

So I just concluded, that it's actually a very foolish thing for a Christian to expect good things done by any politician in Nigeria.

Just as it would be weired if I were to suddenly notice the orange tree at the back of my house producing guava fruits, or a pig running hard away from the mire.

In a strict sense Politicians are right to carry out thier political shinenigans. It's their nature after all.

If I ever want to see good things in politics, then I'ld better be thinking of taking up a course in Political science. Same goes out to all Christians out there.

Else...

SO WHAT'S YOUR TAKE??

Re: Should Christians Involve In Politics? What's Your Take? by yemisolar(m): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
Your conclusion that good things will not come out of politicians just because they are 'unregenerate' is simplistic at best. So did born again Christians build and maintain the good welfare, infrastructure and social we see in developed countries. Is fashola who is one of the best (in my opinion) a Christian? How about Obama and the new lady in UK?

on the other side, how many believers are the best in their place of work? How many of the perform excellently on school?

The truth is that the fact that someone is a believer doesn't make him/her the best choice for a political position and you don't need to look for a Christian to vote right.

By the way I am a Christian
Re: Should Christians Involve In Politics? What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
yemisolar:
Your conclusion that good things will not come out of politicians just because they are 'unregenerate' is lopsided at best. So did born again Christians build and maintain the good welfare, infrastructure and social we see in developed countries. Is fashola who is one of the best (in my opinion) a Christian? How about Obama and the new lady in UK?
I have no problem with Politicians in the Western world. We all know their brains are able to function to well even if they're not regenerated. But its not ssme with an African man, especially in Nigeria.

You're counting the crumbs you see around all in the name of infrastructure. My dear go to the western and know what infrastructure is all about. Can you compare the things you see around to the lot of billions that are swooped into the system?

Let's be factual here. Can you compare Nigeria's income revenue with the structures you see around?

Don't we hear stories of embezzlemen daily?
If the way our country is Ok by you, then I'm sorry maybe you should have your next vacation in Canada or UK and experience what it means to live.

on the other side, how many believers are the best in their place of work? How many of the perform excellently on school?

The truth is that the fact that someone is a believer doesn't make him/her the best choice for a political position and you don't need to look for a Christian to vote right

Oh no, dont get it wrong.
True believers are very sincere, truthful and upright anywhere you find them.

I was never reffering to church goers or lip singers or hypocrites.
When I said Christians, I meant the Christians whose lives portrayed the type of life the disciples lived when they got that tag "Christians."

and yes, if a Christian is in power, the people will rejoice, I'm sorry but that's the truth, and I hope you now know who I refer to when I say 'Christians'.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are We Like This? / Be Led By The Spirit-Zac Poonen / Promoting The 'God Culture' Through Christian T Shirts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.