Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 (19772 Views)

Capital Oil Workers Fear Job Losses / Massive Sack At Zenith Bank Plc Over The Weekend. / Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by mogentle(m): 8:23am On Sep 13, 2016
Reading problem is beclouding some posters. This issue is global, no be Buhari. Though he may have his own flaws, but thank God GEJ lose the election sha.
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Deepfreezer(m): 8:29am On Sep 13, 2016
Going spiritual won't solve the problem. Taking the bull by the horn will.
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Jackrich: 8:30am On Sep 13, 2016
kettle84:
Mr, Nigeria is not the only oil producing country. Ghana produces oil too,I don't want to use Norway and Canada as examples because those are 1st world countries. The Ghanian cedi is far valuable than the naira in less than 6months of the life of this government. how do you think the ideas of the ordinary Nigerian can help when you know that the government has anti democratic tendencies as pointed out by some american congress men even the President don't obey the courts talk less of those in government.

yes we acknowledge the fact that there is drop in oil production ,doe that mean Nigeria with a population of over 170million people is bereft of ideas?
This is same reason why reasonable people are clamoring for a restructuring yet some persons from a some regions will not heed the voice wisdom , they prefer we all die in a system that it isn't working .Buhari is a just a small fraction of our problem in fact every President that we will have after him will still find it difficult to build a nation and an economy that is independent of oil.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by kettle84(m): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2016
x240:

What it's the ratio of oil export in Ghana and what's the correlation of their oil earnings to their GDP. Ghana just started producing oil and for your info...they still even import oil and buy gas from Nigeria. Ghana is not an ideal situation.

If you want 3rd world countries examples like Nigeria. Pick Venezuela, Angola, or even Algeria. How has their economy fared?

You are asking if we are bereft of ideas when daft people only see issues through the lens of politics and can't reason well.

When all everyone wants to do is sit their lazy ass down and import. Want the naira to be as strong as the dollar so they can import all the rubbish. Fashion without commonsense. We have 180million people and not a single cloth making factory. We import everything.

Nigerians are the most lazy, skill less set of people we have. You wonder why people prefer bricklayers from Togo to build their houses nowadays? Because when a Nigerian does it, they do a dismal job. Bent pillars, faulty plastering and so on.

When last have you given your cloth to a tailor to sow. They spoil clothes, don't keep to time and you waste precious energy trying to get them to do the basic. I have had to carry a single shirt round 3 different tailors just for them to help mend it because it was a bit large and i ended up throwing the cloth away because they spoilt it.

Or you want me to talk about mechanics? 98% of mechanics out there are just dumb and daft and just after milking you of your money.

Are all these Buhari's fault? Are these not the same Nigerians that would make the country work? When your blue collar workers can't do one single thing right then you have a big problem.

And that's why qe would continue to languish. We know the real problems but we keep chasing shadows.If i should ask you now, what single thing you know how to do. I won't be suprised to notice you don't wven have the right skills. But it is your type that would go on and shout government, government, government.

the reason for all you pointed out is greed of the north and southwest. The nation is dependent on the resources of a small area of the country and doesn't want to grow other sources of income or better still allow other areas to generate its own revenue and those two regions want it so.

Restructuring and true federalism is the answer to Nigeria's problems.

Economics make us to understand that scarcity brings about hike in price.Nigeria can't place ban on vital resources when it is obvious it lacks the capabilities to produce them.its wrong to import ,but before you stop importation you most provide enabling environment and amenities including vital infrastructure to support production and industrialization all that is absent in Nigeria yet Nigeria bans importation and the same products care present in the market at exorbitant rates.

Nigeria is not working because Nigerians are lying to themselves and have continued to push down lies down the throats of many sane minds invain. until Nigeria becomes sincere and tell itself the truth then shall progress surface.

Angola and Algeria are far better economically than Nigeria despite the slow down in global crude oil price.Venezuela can't be compared to Nigeria because it has been under USA and UN sanctions which Nigeria is not suffering. so,what is Nigeria's problem if not bad leadership and flop policies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by jeeka321: 8:51am On Sep 13, 2016
EternalTruths:
The traitors in the South betrayed the SS/SE and still expect our God to allow them keep working in companies drilling our oil.

Oh God , thanks for fighting our enemies.

May our enemies never enjoy our blessings

Click like if you agree with the prayer

Click share if you don't agree with the prayer

The said traitors of the south as you called them would always have a job and better life than you whenever a vacancy present itself. The reason is simple my friend, they go to school while you chose militancy and destruction. The truth is companies are not run by empty Igbos with machines guns. The companies would rather hire people from outside the region or even the country. Why because only them could deliver. Its a sad situation my friend, even sadder is the fact that we aren't seeing anything wrong with that kind of life. Pity!
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by InvertedHammer: 8:57am On Sep 13, 2016
/
I am surprised that they still have jobs.

Two options-- massive sack or drastic salaries cut.

It is inevitable.
\
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by front247: 9:05am On Sep 13, 2016
All of u go to d farm
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by ephi123(f): 9:08am On Sep 13, 2016
x240:

Maybe you need to scroll back up and read the article again.

Oil companies world over are cutting employees. Canada, Norway, UK and Russian owned Oil companies are streamlining staff strength to weather the low oil prices. Is it a Nigeria problem alone? Is Buhari the one governing UK. Or is he the president of the US where in Alberta alone over 40,000 jobs have been lost since 2014 due to oil.

You lots here can't reason and that's the bane of the country. Basic economics tells you that some jobs are not forever and come with high risks and your current employability depends on current prices of that commodity your employer deals in. It's not rocket science.

Yeah, the economy may not be fairing better but what does a logical person do? What's the principles of a good problem solver? They ask for the real problems and try and find solutions to it.

Why is Nigeria always at risk when the price of oil goes drastically down? Same thing happened 2007 to 2009 when oil price traded around 35 to 50 before shooting up back.

I shouldn't waste my time because a lot of you are lost causes .

$2300 is now 1 million naira. That's awesome news for some people. But wait what do you see there gloom. It's a matter of perspective. A smart person is always positioning himself for the good benefits....It is a fact many Nigerians are shallow.

China is daily devaluing their currencies to boost trade, tourism and so on but the almighty lazy Nigerians want theirs to always be overvalued so they can keep importing rubbish. Sit in front of their tokunbo tvs, eat made in thailand rice, wear chinko watches, plait brazilian hair and idle away doing nothing.

This got me laughing cheesy

Back to the topic, the cutback is happening across the industry all over the world, the only difference is Nigerians have nothing tangible to fall back on.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by 4everGrand(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:
This country is going down down down

Its obvious u ain't a Nigerian, and if u are, u aint living in Nigeria.

If all the above is a Yes, then u seriously need a check-up. Who prays for their vehicle to get an accident except a demon.

Too much demons in this country, and God would rout all o'ya.
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2016
kettle84:
the reason for all you pointed out is greed of the north and southwest. The nation is dependent on the resources of a small area of the country and doesn't want to grow other sources of income or better still allow other areas to generate its own revenue and those two regions want it so.

Restructuring and true federalism is the answer to Nigeria's problems.

Economics make us to understand that scarcity brings about hike in price.Nigeria can't place ban on vital resources when it is obvious it lacks the capabilities to produce them.its wrong to import ,but before you stop importation you most provide enabling environment and amenities including vital infrastructure to support production and industrialization all that is absent in Nigeria yet Nigeria bans importation and the same products care present in the market at exorbitant rates.

Nigeria is not working because Nigerians are lying to themselves and have continued to push down lies down the throats of many sane minds invain. until Nigeria becomes sincere and tell itself the truth then shall progress surface.

Angola and Algeria are far better economically than Nigeria despite the slow down in global crude oil price.Venezuela can't be compared to Nigeria because it has been under USA and UN sanctions which Nigeria is not suffering. so,what is Nigeria's problem if not bad leadership and flop policies.

I give up. Your are beyong redemption.

You know the biggest problem any human can have?

It is never taking responsibility. You are always pushing the blames to others and exempting yourself. So other regions of the nation like the South east and south south are paradise and have not made a single wrong footing as regards where the country is?
Kontinu

I don't debate with people like you.. They suffer from grave deficiencies.

Best wishes in your endeavour. Please do not give birth yet until you cure yourself of granduer self delusion. The country would be better for it.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by kettle84(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2016
x240:

I give up. Your are beyong redemption.

You know the biggest problem any human can have?

It is never taking responsibility. You are always pushing the blames to others and exempting yourself. So other regions of the nation like the South east and south south are paradise and have not made a single wrong footing as regards where the country is?
Kontinu

I don't debate with people like you.. They suffer from grave deficiencies.

Best wishes in your endeavour. Please do not give birth yet until you cure yourself of granduer self delusion. The country would be better for it.
naija people like lying to themselves and running away from the truth.
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 13, 2016
Some years ago,I told some of my co workers that a time shall come when the huge money we receive as salaries and allowances would be no more,the called me all sorts of names and a prophet of doom.

I advised them to invest so that whenever tragedy strikes they won't be caught napping,but they rather continued their extravagant life styles until tragedy struck last year.More than 300 of them were sacked.

Could you imagine someone that has worked for years earning so much money and suddenly turns a beggar overnight.Most of them even spent their pay offs on buying and doing things they would have done before now thereby going back to square one after the whole money is gone.

When you misplace priorities,don't look for people to blame.The IOCs are doing the right thing,they are only applying economic principles.You need to see the life styles of these oil workers,some of them go as far as having permanent suits in hotels and bringing in women from foreign countries.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by kettle84(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2016
mogentle:
Reading problem is beclouding some posters. This issue is global, no be Buhari. Though he may have his own flaws, but thank God GEJ lose the election sha.
it is Buhari's fault because thing fell quickly apart as soon as he became President and it was like this when he was President in 1984.

Buhari is too old and above all illiterate that is why he can't deliver.

until Nigerians tell and admit the truth the better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by gemale(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2016
mamabomboy:
Please Baba God, increase to the power of 10, the problems of any of them who voted for Buhari, AMEN
So buhari is d cause of falling oil prices Clap 4 ur self... If u r d future of ds coun3, lemme start looking 4 residential visa 2 Kenya.
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Alcatraz003: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2016
I always wonder why Igbos think yorubas are the cause of their misfortune on life. It must be a miserable existence for igbos un Nigeria oooo.

My advice is for igbos to get ready to die for this their biafra because the yorubas and hausas are not going anywhere, we are fully in charge and no amount of wailing will change igbo 2nd class status in Nigeria unless u pick up arms and fight for a separate country.

I really dont see what wrong Yorubas have done to deserve this amount of blame. A yoruba struggles all their days in Nigeria to get educated and inculcate moral values which shoots us above other southerners and igbos hate us for it, i really cant understand ooo.

The fall in oil prices and attendant job losses is Worldwide and the igbo man blows up pipelines in his backyard and blames buhari and yoruba for the recession. It beggars logic and comprehension really.

If you are an igbo man who believes that hausas and yorubas are the cause of your 2nd class citizenship, please dont die like this ooo, seek for and go for deliverance and emancipation from victim mentality so as not to transfer such inane beliefs to your children.

#My2kobotoalligbos.
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by teepain: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2016
x240:

Maybe you need to scroll back up and read the article again.

Oil companies world over are cutting employees. Canada, Norway, UK and Russian owned Oil companies are streamlining staff strength to weather the low oil prices. Is it a Nigeria problem alone? Is Buhari the one governing UK. Or is he the president of the US where in Alberta alone over 40,000 jobs have been lost since 2014 due to oil.

You lots here can't reason and that's the bane of the country. Basic economics tells you that some jobs are not forever and come with high risks and your current employability depends on current prices of that commodity your employer deals in. It's not rocket science.

Yeah, the economy may not be fairing better but what does a logical person do? What's the principles of a good problem solver? They ask for the real problems and try and find solutions to it.

Why is Nigeria always at risk when the price of oil goes drastically down? Same thing happened 2007 to 2009 when oil price traded around 35 to 50 before shooting up back.

I shouldn't waste my time because a lot of you are lost causes .

$2300 is now 1 million naira. That's awesome news for some people. But wait what do you see there gloom. It's a matter of perspective. A smart person is always positioning himself for the good benefits....It is a fact many Nigerians are shallow.

China is daily devaluing their currencies to boost trade, tourism and so on but the almighty lazy Nigerians want theirs to always be overvalued so they can keep importing rubbish. Sit in front of their tokunbo tvs, eat made in thailand rice, wear chinko watches, plait brazilian hair and idle away doing nothing.

Fantastic perspective about the devalued Naira. My brother, some people are making tons of money right now. While some people are seeing the cup as being half empty some people are seeing are seeing it as half filled!
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by gemale(m): 10:14am On Sep 13, 2016
No offense bt Nigerians r stupid. We r fond of playing d ostrich wt our problems instead of tackling dem head on. D money those fools r wasting 2 consult marabouts & spiritualists wld hv bn beta employed in ventures dt wld b a fallback in d event of job loss. Go 2 ebonyi state & try 2 get farmland & grow rice. 3 months afta planting, u hv somtn 2 show 4 it. Hw much is a bag of rice? Look @ d numerous unnecessary things we import salad cream, mayonnaise, peanut butter, ketchup etc, y can't dey enta production of these things? Truly crude oil has bn a curse 2 ds coun3. It has made us parasitic leeches incapable of innovative tnkn 2 improve our country. Smh 4 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by TheAlchemist: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2016
shinarambo1:
Out of the 350,000. There are over 43,000 oil job loss in canada alone. Nigeria is still doing fine.

Nigeria lacks social safety net for workers out of job... so we can not say our situation is better than Canada.
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Codes151(m): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2016
Na today them go spiritual? Senseless king be like Oil worker with slowpoke like pikin
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by shukuokukobambl: 10:56am On Sep 13, 2016
EternalTruths:
The traitors in the South betrayed the SS/SE and still expect our God to allow them keep working in companies drilling our oil.

Oh God , thanks for fighting our enemies.

May our enemies never enjoy our blessings

Click like if you agree with the prayer

Click share if you don't agree with the prayer

Chei!! So in your akpu mind now, no SS/SE works in those oil companies? so in your mind now, no SS/SE will lose jobs there? So in your mind now, it's only in Nigeria that oil companies are cutting jobs?

Chei!! indeed NL is now peopled by plenty illiterates

[img]http://1.bp..com/-psSaCpk6VKY/UGM3edtIV8I/AAAAAAAADPE/BkC8uaKjoAg/s1600/michael-jordan-laughing.gif[/img]
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by yemoxy: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
mamabomboy:
Please Baba God, increase to the power of 10, the problems of any of them who voted for Buhari, AMEN

Eeyah......This is what happens when Internet is also available in the zoo. One animal is on the loose.
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by jossy4joseph(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
Buhari body odour affecting virtually everything
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by banio: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
I hope this propaganda is....
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Jacko1(m): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
Sack all of dem

Sack dem all am in support

I read petroleum.... Which test n interview person no write

All ma coursemates formin boss dat time.... God cach una sack all of deir asses

Ntoi!!!!!
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Jacko1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
Alcatraz003:
I always wonder why Igbos think yorubas are the cause of their misfortune on life. It must be a miserable existence for igbos un Nigeria oooo.

My advice is for igbos to get ready to die for this their biafra because the yorubas and hausas are not going anywhere, we are fully in charge and no amount of wailing will change igbo 2nd class status in Nigeria unless u pick up arms and fight for a separate country.

I really dont see what wrong Yorubas have done to deserve this amount of blame. A yoruba struggles all their days in Nigeria to get educated and inculcate moral values which shoots us above other southerners and igbos hate us for it, i really cant understand ooo.

The fall in oil prices and attendant job losses is Worldwide and the igbo man blows up pipelines in his backyard and blames buhari and yoruba for the recession. It beggars logic and comprehension really.

If you are an igbo man who believes that hausas and yorubas are the cause of your 2nd class citizenship, please dont die like this ooo, seek for and go for deliverance and emancipation from victim mentality so as not to transfer such inane beliefs to your children.

#My2kobotoalligbos.

2Nd class citizens to firstclass yoruba and hausa rite
Let me see wer both tribes rank in africa sef
This fake superiority complex u yorubas and hausa have baffles me
All of us na we we... Nobody beta pass anybody
Infact una no beta pass akwa ibom ppl sef
Local champions
Pls holla me wen yorubas start ruling the world
Ehen den i can genuinely get jealous
Til den find somwer park siddon abeg
Imagine yoruba smello pigs... Tufia!!!!!
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:
Fear dey catch me oo. I no want begin hunt lizards embarassed embarassed

So which of the IOCs do you work for ?
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by donbenedict(m): 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
adeborode:
bro ,how can we get a lecturing jib in dis country now,cos pple like me r r dieingfor one
wats ur qualifications?
Re: Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 by Jman06(m): 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
Some f00ls here think they can deceive us once more by saying that the present current economic crunch we are going through is not bo0hari's fault. I wonder what these mor0ns take people for. Kids? Illiterates? I just don't know what they think!

Buhari is a bigot and lacks the charisma to lead
a multiethnic nation like Nigeria. He is unwise and can't unite the different peoples of Nigeria to forge a common front and find ways out of the global recession. He settled for a mediocre as manager of the nation's economy instead of reaching out to the more qualified and globally exposed people who could pull weights on the global stage and help salvage the country from the current economic situation. Clearly he did all that because of his ethnic bigotry, yet some daft fellows can't see the reason for his monumental failure.

Things can only get worse until 2019 when a reasonable leader will hopefully emerge. That's the cold truth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blind Musa Who Works As A Cobbler In Jigawa (photos) / 7 Things You Must Know As A New Graduate / How Much Was Your First Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.