Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals (48701 Views)

Latest Job Openings Fresh Graduates Can Apply For. Two Are From Multinationals / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by MVLOX(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
[quote author=HAH post=49306610]a lot of meticulous employers actually prefer people with weak degrees, because they will be humble and do their work diligently with faithfulness because the employee may not have another chance if they misbehave but people with first class and 2.1 will always have this feeling of arrogance that if I leave I can get another offer because am a 2.1 or sometimes they will abruptly leave to further studies thereby taking along the knowledge they gathered on the job with them and leaving the employer with the pain of looking for another trainee.

I am a living witness of what u just said nw.... Employer nid who will do d job well and not the certification
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by davidodiba(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
HAH:
a lot of meticulous employers actually prefer people with weak degrees, because they will be humble and do their work diligently with faithfulness because the employee may not have another chance if they misbehave but people with first class and 2.1 will always have this feeling of arrogance that if I leave I can get another offer because am a 2.1 or sometimes they will abruptly leave to further studies thereby taking along the knowledge they gathered on the job with them and leaving the employer with the pain of looking for another trainee.

Shut up you there....!

You think you can refuse God His glory in this your demonic comment? Instead of you to appreciate how God has helped the young man, you instead prefer to ignore the God-factor in the testimony. Something will happen to you that you will be left with no one but God and maybe then, you would come back here to modify your comment. Mtchewww
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by gbagyiza: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
Congratulations.. With God all things are possible...One of my bible best verse..
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
Congratulations. But why did it take about one year for this post to hit front page? All these moderators ehen!
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Skappy44(m): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
indeed serving God is pay alot
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by 400billionman: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
kengreatleads:
I give this testimony to the glory of God and to the shame of the devil. At the end of my university education; through its ups and downs, bitter and sweet moments, I eventually graduated with a third-class degree in computer science. At that point in my life I was overly disappointed, highly discouraged and even suicidal on my bad days because I knew what was happening in the labour market. Every employer wanted graduates with second class upper and above for the limited and highly coveted employment slots. And here I was, I didn’t even have a 2.2, even if employers wanted to reach out in grace.

I had given my life to Christ on campus, and my thirst for God had intensified during this period. To the glory of God, even with my third-class degree, I did not sit at home as I got a job immediately, which is a whole miracle-story on its own. This job came with great exposure and an intense learning curve for me as a fresh graduate and I embraced the job even though the pay was not fantastic. Those of us who were taken by the company were put through a training programme to initiate us into Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing industry. Time went by and I emerged as one of the brightest trainees through the programme. We were soon staffed and placed on projects for multinational companies. After a while, some of my colleagues started filling out applications and searching for bigger opportunities. They would repeatedly forward job links and vacancies to me as I was considered one of the best among my peers. I did not apply for any of those positions as I was always self-defeated because of my third-class university certificate and the devil held it high up in my face all the time. I continued to do my job diligently and also develop myself in my field.

On Mother’s Day in May 2015, Pastor Nomthi preached about the unmerited grace and favour Moses witnessed in the house of Pharaoh, when there was an order to kill every male child of the Israelites. She said that Moses was not only spared but was raised as a prince. I immediately keyed into this lesson of grace and I was full of faith. I applied for a job someone had recommended me for and I was offered the position on the spot with 100 percent increase with good pension and sumptuous packages.

I thought I had seen all. Before the resumption date I was given, I was invited for another job interview with one of the telecom giants in Nigeria. Through the interview process I had to compete with the best of the best and even more experienced applicants. At the end of the interview and test process which lasted several weeks, I came out top as the preferred candidate of all. Now my problem became choosing between the two offers as they were both fantastic and had good prospects. I sought the face of the Lord who had made all these happen, and eventually I had to turn down the Multi-national Telecom Giant’s offer. Now I am at my new job and I have even been given opportunities to travel to different countries on projects (I had never travelled out of Nigeria before this job).

A month ago, another job offer came through with take-home package closing in on about half a million which I had to turn down after wide consultation and seeking the face of the Lord. I also did not apply for this job; all these opportunities came by recommendation. A third-class graduate now turning down job offers from multinational companies – it can only be God and I am here to give back ALL the praise to HIM alone.

By Yomi Owolabi – Today’s Showers Vol 345 (Fountain of Life Church)

Life
Source: http://amebojoint.com/2016/09/12/third-class-graduate-now-turning-job-offers-multinationals/

Life is not by merit but by grace.

There is this 3rd class guy currently employing his 2nd class upper class mate at his construction site.

3 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by 400billionman: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
HAH:

My point is am an employer and am talking from experience, I have atleast 15 graduates working with me and lots of OND and SSCE holders, am not in anyway asking people to get lower grades, and honestly I know the Shakara one guy I employed with a 2.1 did to me and expecially his supervisor who has a lower grade than him, at the end we have to relieve him from the work.

Sir, you are correct.

Anyone who does nor understand what you wrote lacks experience..

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Petjoel: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Congrat ,May God do for us the way he did for u
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by 400billionman: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
ROCE:

Congrats but I think this topic would've suited the Religion section than this section because I ask myself, what do you really want people to pick out from this experience It just looks superficial and no career learning content in the post. smiley Job seekers will only see hope in the story but nothing substantial they can use in even getting invites from multinationals.

Make friends/Associate/Build mentorship/Become disciples and loyalists to people who are doing well.

That is the only way to do well.

3 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Unitedsurgicals: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
your certificate does not certify you but Gods favour certify you to any level you can think of, Depend on God and do your best and God will do the rest. Congrat
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by PharmJohn88(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
GLORY BE TO GOD, BRO.!
I TAP FROM THE FLOW.
MORE TESTIMONIES AHEAD.
HE'S ABLE!
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by BabbanBura(m): 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
kengreatleads:
I give this testimony to the glory of God and to the shame of the devil. At the end of my university education; through its ups and downs, bitter and sweet moments, I eventually graduated with a third-class degree in computer science. At that point in my life I was overly disappointed, highly discouraged and even suicidal on my bad days because I knew what was happening in the labour market. Every employer wanted graduates with second class upper and above for the limited and highly coveted employment slots. And here I was, I didn’t even have a 2.2, even if employers wanted to reach out in grace.

I had given my life to Christ on campus, and my thirst for God had intensified during this period. To the glory of God, even with my third-class degree, I did not sit at home as I got a job immediately, which is a whole miracle-story on its own. This job came with great exposure and an intense learning curve for me as a fresh graduate and I embraced the job even though the pay was not fantastic. Those of us who were taken by the company were put through a training programme to initiate us into Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing industry. Time went by and I emerged as one of the brightest trainees through the programme. We were soon staffed and placed on projects for multinational companies. After a while, some of my colleagues started filling out applications and searching for bigger opportunities. They would repeatedly forward job links and vacancies to me as I was considered one of the best among my peers. I did not apply for any of those positions as I was always self-defeated because of my third-class university certificate and the devil held it high up in my face all the time. I continued to do my job diligently and also develop myself in my field.

On Mother’s Day in May 2015, Pastor Nomthi preached about the unmerited grace and favour Moses witnessed in the house of Pharaoh, when there was an order to kill every male child of the Israelites. She said that Moses was not only spared but was raised as a prince. I immediately keyed into this lesson of grace and I was full of faith. I applied for a job someone had recommended me for and I was offered the position on the spot with 100 percent increase with good pension and sumptuous packages.

I thought I had seen all. Before the resumption date I was given, I was invited for another job interview with one of the telecom giants in Nigeria. Through the interview process I had to compete with the best of the best and even more experienced applicants. At the end of the interview and test process which lasted several weeks, I came out top as the preferred candidate of all. Now my problem became choosing between the two offers as they were both fantastic and had good prospects. I sought the face of the Lord who had made all these happen, and eventually I had to turn down the Multi-national Telecom Giant’s offer. Now I am at my new job and I have even been given opportunities to travel to different countries on projects (I had never travelled out of Nigeria before this job).

A month ago, another job offer came through with take-home package closing in on about half a million which I had to turn down after wide consultation and seeking the face of the Lord. I also did not apply for this job; all these opportunities came by recommendation. A third-class graduate now turning down job offers from multinational companies – it can only be God and I am here to give back ALL the praise to HIM alone.

Source: http://amebojoint.com/2016/09/12/third-class-graduate-now-turning-job-offers-multinationals/

this is G R A C E doing her job!
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Emperor002: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
scandal of grace i tap into this
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Ademolu2002(m): 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
kengreatleads:

congrats as I will also be soon congra'ted through this
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by princejones(m): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
Grace speaks more than years of labour
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Dainty09(f): 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
I remembered pastor Nomthi's word that day, congratulations I tap into this testimony...
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Ruggedpen: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
I connect myself to this testimony in Jesus name Amen
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Cardinaljossy(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2017
kengreatleads:

I claim this testimony for the interviews I have attended and waiting replies.
Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by ogeken11: 9:50am On Jul 04, 2018
congratulations and I claim it by faith

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.