Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself (616 Views)

3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). / President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself (PHOTOS) / Unclad Portraits & Statue Of Hillary Clinton Released By Donald Trump's Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself by onedayatime(m): 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
President Robert Mugabe unveiled the statue at his official
residence in Harare last Friday and Zimbabweans were not
impressed. The statue, made by a famous Zimbabwean
sculptor was widely criticized on social media, with people questioning the sculptor's motives. Some even suggested it was a reaction to being forced to make the status while many attacked the sculptor accusing him of a poor job. However, Dominic Benhura insisted his statue of the President was not intended to mock him. The sculptor who
has exhibited his work across the world, told the state-owed Herald newspaper that "honestly, no one would abuse such an opportunity." "That sculpture was never meant to look exactly as the President's image. I do not do exact figures. This is the style I have mastered. My collectors can identify my pieces when they see them anywhere in the world because I chose to be different and that is my signature" Mr Benhura explains Higher Education Minister Jonathan Moyo defended the sculpture while Mugabe praised it. He was quoted as saying that he was so grateful that the statue stimulated "a kind of wonder, love, a kind of appreciation and satisfaction"

Re: President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself by mankan2k7(m): 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
a
Re: President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself by Flexherbal(m): 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2016
This man wants to rule forever.
Re: President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself by Bisichi(m): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
AFRICAN STATUS = African deception.
Re: President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself by Eowriand389: 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hi!! Where i can find forum 'video'?
Re: President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself by Eowriand389: 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Scientists Accidentally Discovers Process That Turns CO2 Directly Into Ethanol / Trump And Hillary Clinton How Funny Is This / President Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.