Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts (44735 Views)

Patience Jonathan Recovers Her Hotel From EFCC In Abuja / John Owan Enoh's Hotel To Be Demolished As He Defects To APC (Photos) / Saraki, Ngwuta, Others May Forfeit Undeclared Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Mekyno(m): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
smada13:

pls madam, what do you stand to gain from defending what is indefensible? You can do the maths yourself, she only worked as a civil servant up to the Permanent Secretary level, so how will she have acquired the enormous wealth on display?
All of them are corrupt and thieves bt pls let start with IBB's 12 billion dollar oil sale during gulf war in iraq, around 1992.
Then next will be OBJ's 16 billion dollars on power (dat gave us darkness), and 50 million dollars on agric intervention during his tenure. Ok?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Pidggin(f): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
LorDBolton:

Obviously u know nothing about money laundering.

To think I come online hoping to meet educated people

Cc: seun, lalasticlala u guys need to run i.Q test on new members and display the result on their profile so we can create a section strictly for sound minds...not illiterates

New member?! Lol check my profile, then number of posts and tell me who you are referring to as a new member

So PEJ is a money launderer? grin Well explain how your beloved Aisha can afford N135m as donation, N10m wrist watch, N40m hand bag and multiple designer outfits, jewelries and accessories cheesy

More than 20 years after Abacha's death we are still struggling to withdraw $550m from one of his US accounts despite withdrawing over $800m so far lol, this is what you call laundering, not someone with nothing to hide, with only $31m in her account after being a first lady for years, spouse of Vice president, first lady of state /deputy governor, perm secretary.

FYI, she lodged her money in her country where Banks can re-invest it to expand the economy an example which your Northern brothers with multiple foreign accounts should emulate .

You don't deserve a response, I only did this to correct the wrong impression of "New member" lol

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by LorDBolton(m): 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
Antarch:
Can any knowledgeable lawyer here explain what the law says about establishing guilt in matters related to financial crime? Is it compulsory for a suspected person to 'explain' the source of their wealth to interrogators? Is it not supposed to be the duty of the financial crimes commission to investigate the source of the wealth and acquire evidence of wrongdoing?

I don't know how the law works here in Nigeria, but elsewhere in the world, I believe the onus is not placed on a suspect to explain anything or prove their innocence. The onus is usually on investigators to establish causal links, identify the criminality trail, painstakingly gather evidence, and then arrest and prosecute the suspect on that basis. When the matter is before a court, only then will the suspect be required to offer explanations - to the court - through their attorney as part of their defence against the charge. Is this not how the law should work? I think it's funny to talk about forfeiting assets merely on the strength of suspicion.

If you think that a person is living above their lawful means, then it is your duty to find out whether their wealth stems from any unlawful activity. This process of 'finding out' is the core of your work as law enforcement officers. It is a weird, lazy, and unfair approach to require a person to explain their source of income merely because you suspect that they are living above their means. Put in work, investigate, and establish that a crime was committed. That's how it should work.

Oga clink the link

If not for pdp useless era that eroded ya brain cells u would know why drug dealers and other criminals invest so much in lawyers and accountants... and also front many 'fake' businesses whilst "cooking" the books.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/03/davido-almost-arrested-in-us-because-of.html?m=1
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by LorDBolton(m): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pidggin:

New member?! Lol check my profile, then number of posts and tell me who you are referring to as a new member

So PEJ is a money launderer? grin Well explain how your beloved Aisha can afford N135m as donation, N10m wrist watch, N40m hand bag and multiple designer outfits, jewelries and accessories cheesy

More than 20 years after Abacha's death we are still struggling to withdraw $550m from one of his US accounts despite withdrawing over $800m so far lol, this is what you call laundering, not someone with nothing to hide, with only $31m her account after being a fist lady for years.

FYI, she lodged her money in her country where Banks can re-invest it to expand the economy an example which your Northern brothers with multiple foreign accounts should emulate .

You don't deserve a response, I only did this to correct the wrong impression of "New member" lol

Per the bolded you're worse than an illiterate you are a neanderthal. Empty brain

Next time google b4 u spew trash...ordinary money laundering u don't know yet u proudly displaying your illiteracy.

Get the fvck out
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Pidggin(f): 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
LorDBolton:

[s]Per the bolded you're worse than an illiterate you are a neanderthal. Empty brain

Next time google b4 u spew trash...ordinary money laundering u don't know yet u proudly displaying your illiteracy.

Get the fvck out[/s]

Lol E pain am, get thee behind me and stay away from my posts!

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by LorDBolton(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pidggin:

Lol E pain am, get thee behind me and stay away from my posts!

Typical response from gutter-people.

Applause... you just keep playing yourself
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by diva90: 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
smada13:

pls madam, what do you stand to gain from defending what is indefensible? You can do the maths yourself, she only worked as a civil servant up to the Permanent Secretary level, so how will she have acquired the enormous wealth on display?

Well said! The woman stole more funds than her husband if I'm not mistaken. More stolen money to be discovered soon... !
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Onlymewakacum(m): 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by junnyjake(m): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
smada13:

what's wrong with these kids booking space upandan.....whatever happens to rational thinking.

Man, I just saw your dp and couldn't stop laughing. Who's that English professor?
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by AyoolaIgwe(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Pidggin(f): 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
LorDBolton:

Typical response from gutter-people.

I bet I can feed you and yours comfortably grin

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by solutionguide(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
STATE OF OUR NATION

Nigeria is no longer funny..

Exchange rate is N420 to $1.

Bank interest rate is 33%.

Minimum wage is N18k.

Fuel price is N145.

Kerosene sells at N220...

Jobs are being lost in hundreds of thousands...
We May Soon Stop Paying Civil Servants – CBN Alerts Nigerians.. So, Civil servants are no longer sure of their salary...

Oil workers are been layed off...

Banks are retrenching staff...and Many Nigeria's new generation bank is still bitter that their salaries and that of many staff were slashed by the management due to economy recession...

Your uncle that promised you job is not even sure of his own...

Thousands of graduates passing out every year from Universities, Polytechnics, College of Education to get which job? Refuse to be a stay-at-home graduate.

Subscribe to Financial Independence...... It is not late to start now.

Get This FREE REPORT That Shows You How To Make Extra Income In Nigeria During This Economic Recession;

Download Here - https://app.box.com/s/fym2v441guhtlw30sps5siahao1em2vo

You will be glad you did a few weeks from NOW.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by gfullmoon(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
FG or EFCC talks too much. Why always run to the media even when investigation has not been concluded. It is only a tree that will hear I want to cut you down that will remain in its current position. Except EFCC's media rant are always meant to either confirm any grey areas in their investigations by expecting the suspect to make desperate or killer move that will enable them checkmate him/her. May be if any attempt is made within this time frame to either sale the posh hotel, change directors,suspicious transfer of cash etc, their suspicion will be confirmed. In Political Science and Int'l Relation it is called the "Prisoner's Dilemma". Because EFCC don't most at times have the whole details, and the suspect too don't know how much details the EFCC have already. It is only their interface known by many as invitation or interrogation by EFCC or other LEAs that will fill the important missing links. Most suspects will dig their grave in this interface thinking the Interrogator had known everything , while few will close their grave either by half or totally.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
cindyrocks:
I wonder when Tinubu whose Oriental Hotel in Victoria Island in Lagos is more expensive will be probed. Check out the hotel:

Anyway, when they start sealing, they should also seal Obasanjo farms and Atiku's Intel.

E no consign me..

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
naijafella:

Oh, I forgot.She was born with a silver spoon.She inherited a vast fortune from her late billionaire parents.And now EFCC wants to confiscate this family legacy. grin

Stop hating.

Were they earning stones when her husband was former deputy governor, governor, Vice President and President ?

So Jonathan cannot save $50m ? But past state governors can, Rochas can, Amaechi and Fashola can ? Jonathan is in the league of OBJ and Atiku.

I smh for some of you.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
smellingmenses:

why has buratai's multi million dollars mansions in dubai not seized?

Yes, Buratai (a civil servant) and Dambazu are permitted to save up to $2m and invest in Dubai but Jonathan (a politician ) and his wife cannot save $20m..

Nah Change..
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by cindyrocks(f): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
Plus Atiku's AUO.
Naughtysite:

Anyway, when they start sealing, they should also seal Obasanjo farms and Atiku's Intel.

E no consign me..
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
cindyrocks:
Plus Atiku's AUO.

His University bah ?
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by cindyrocks(f): 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
Just like the hotel is for PEJ.

Naughtysite:

His University bah ?
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by bencarson007(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2016
smada13:

Keep quiet
And your former Chief of Army staff could buy a house as an army officer in dubai effortlessly abi?
You guys are all biased...
How many times has Gen TY Danjuma,Obasanjo,Tinubu (who stole one haf of Lagos by the way) and other thieving friends of the current administration being questioned on how they got their wealth...

GEJ still remains one of the cleanest presidents of Naija ever in case you don't know. How many foreign accounts or houses or companies have you heard he has? How many of his kids did you hear schooled outside Naija? The reason Buhari can't brobe him is there is no evidence of corrupt practices against him. So they went after his boys and started forcing them under duress to pin shit on Oga Jona. But so far,no fruits. Anyways you guys should keep on enjoying the disaster you brought on Naija by voting and rigging that gworo drinking and smoking Daura President into power...

My friend shut up and sit down if you have nothing reasonable to say
Wailers una well done o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Hate Nigeria With A Passion / Ekitigate: Obanikoro is compromised, Fayose says in reaction to ex-minister / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.