Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Lens Of Truth: Nigerians And The Constitution; Failure to co-exist! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lens Of Truth: Nigerians And The Constitution; Failure to co-exist! (614 Views)

Poll: DO you have a copy of the Nigeria Constitution?

Yes, i have read it: 50% (1 vote)
Yes, but i have never read it: 0% (0 votes)
No, it is total waste of time: 50% (1 vote)
No, i have never seen one: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Can Morality And Politics Co-Exist? Can Morality Find A Place In Naija Politics? / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution / Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lens Of Truth: Nigerians And The Constitution; Failure to co-exist! by kosovo(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2009
Sighs, honestly speaking, before I came about the Subject, I had scratched my head continuously but couldn’t find a better Heading, though it may sound ambiguous, but I am here to pass a simplistic message. What really made this issue ponderable within me arises from the heartbreaking circumstances some Nigerians pass through everyday of their lives, Only because they either do not know their rights, or their rights which are fundamental and are equally unaware of is being infringed on, by the so-called powerful and mighty in our society. These people ranges from the politicians to employers to Lecturers, and to the law enforcement agencies, unarguable the worse happens to be the Police, and many others. I can go on and on. But I want to be as brief as possible.
      I am not a Barrister neither am I planning to become one, but as a classified Nigerian I have a copy of the Constitution and have equally read it, therein there were a lot of things I never knew, years back myself and a group of Colleague took the pain and hard work to do a survey on how many Nigerians have a copy of the constitution and how many have read it, and how often have they tried to make sure no one infringed on their rights,   Over 4,000 questionnaires were shared round the nation. Did you get a copy? The results were really bad to say the least. I found out that Majority of Nigerians have never even seen a copy of the constitution, while others have but claims it was too boring for a read,  other said they have had their rights infringed on even when they quote everything they knew. We actually tried to make Nigerians know their right, but as you all know, it not unusual that such an initiative would never see the light of day. SO IT FAILED.
     Last year I posted a topic here on a face-off between me and police in of the Nigerian roads, resulting from my dougedness not to allow the police access my laptop, though it wasn’t an enjoyable moment for me, but to onlooker it could have been, but I won, because I knew what I had to say. At the phone section, I had also posted a topic on how a Nigerian sued Glo over a delay in getting his blackberry, the office was subsequently closed by court order for almost a week, and the Nigerian won the case at court. Alas the Manager was sacked after the whole incidence. Can you get the picture? There was also a case of a family who were unable to access the pension funds or whatever it’s called from the bank because their late father third signatory was not found. The family had almost given up, until when a family friend and lawyer took on the case, and later the bank began begging and subsequently settled out of court.
    Everyday Millions of Nigeria face similar situation and such have been swept under the carpet, many have had their rights infringed on but have been rendered vulnerable; hence the need for all Nigerians to have a copy of the constitution and read it must be emphasized. If we knew our Rights things would have been better off for everyone in the nation. Nigeria at 49, one would think that the lingering gap between Nigerians, their rights and the constitution would have been done with, but the reverse is the case. The general understanding of the Constitution and its interpretation should be of topmost priority to any sane Nigerian. nuff said and done, do you have a copy of the constitution?
Re: Lens Of Truth: Nigerians And The Constitution; Failure to co-exist! by SapeleGuy: 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2009
I make you right, combined with the tendency to 'beg & settle', we tend to compound the problem. Well done for your stance.
Re: Lens Of Truth: Nigerians And The Constitution; Failure to co-exist! by kosovo(m): 2:09am On Oct 09, 2009
@SapeleGuy
I make you right, combined with the tendency to 'beg & settle', we tend to compound the problem. Well done for your stance.
and i don't see an end in sight, we even bribe for what rightfully belong to us grin

(1) (Reply)

Top Pdp Chieftains in #26 Billion Fraud Scandal / Change Nigeria 2011 Coalition: Let's Join Hands And Bring Change To Nigeria / See The National Assembly. Even With Good Leaders You Still Need Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.