Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Why I Hate Yoruba Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why I Hate Yoruba Movies (659 Views)

10 Classic Yoruba Movies That Made Your Childhood / 15 Pictures That Prove Yoruba Movies Have No Chill At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Hate Yoruba Movies by tens4real(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2016
am not a yoruba guy, but I do watch yoruba movies alot infact I think I watch more yoruba movies than a typical yoruba man sef.... notwithstanding I hate Yoruba movies sometimes and the reason is not far fetch...."THE ENDINGS"
if your an ardent yoruba movie lover you will agree with me that their endings or concluding of the movie is always predictable
it is either it will end in babalawo house or pastors house revealing some hidden secrets or you see somehow committing suicide for his evil deed at the end of the movie
I think is high time they step up their game we need more suspense in the movie dat cannot be predictable....just like in hausa movies sometimes I prepare watching it than watching yoruba movies and yea our indeginious Igbo movies are doing a great job like the hausa movie too
please we need change in the yoruba movies we are tired of babalawo and all does jazz tins am not insulting any tribe oo because I know they will come for my head but let me tell you before YORUBA, HAUSA, IGBO AM A PROUD NIGERIAN!!!!
I rest my case
discuss!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Hate Yoruba Movies by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2016
There are babalawos and jazz (ogume) in yorubalands..so don't u want them to put it in their movies?

same way u keep seeing islamic and Christianity characters in yoruba movies.
Re: Why I Hate Yoruba Movies by tens4real(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2016
Drchristian:
There are babalawos and jazz (ogume) in yorubalands..so don't u want them to put it in their movies?

same way u keep seeing islamic and Christianity characters in yoruba movies.
I want dear.....
but are you not tired of watching same thing over and over again
Re: Why I Hate Yoruba Movies by Guykhena(m): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
They're just following the rule "If it aint broke don't fix it"..
Re: Why I Hate Yoruba Movies by newguy1(m): 6:46am On Sep 15, 2016
When you have n illiterate with no real movie production education n no deep itelllect to create a good story for movies you have that, and op it not what do yorubas is all about people like kunle afolayan, Kemi adetiba work tell of creativity if you really want to watch a deeper meaniful yoruba oriented movie go to the cinema stop watching african magic moreso d english, hausa n igbo movies too r simpleton.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians React After Kemen Was Disqualified From Bbnaija / Bbn:oritsefemi Shows Love For Efe(photo) / #bbnaija: How Bisola Tries To Form Alliance With Efe At The Last Minute (funny)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.