Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M (1109 Views)

$31.4m Cash Deposit: How Patience Jonathan Forced EFCC To Expose Matter / $31.4m Cash Deposit: How Patience Jonathan Forced EFCC To Expose Matter / Patience Jonathan Writes Efcc Chairman, Says $31.4m Was For Her Medical Bills.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by WorldRichest: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2016
Some members of the House of Representatives, yesterday, advised security agencies to conclude investigations before smearing the image of Nigerians in the media. Two members of the House, who spoke to Vanguard, against the backdrop of alleged $31.4m found in a Skye Bank account, belonging to former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, advised government and security agencies to carry out a proper investigation before crucifying her.

Their advice came as some human rights groups and opinion moulders in the Niger Delta asked government to allow the law take its course on the matter. Minority Leader of the House, Leo Ogor, in his reaction, described the allegation as a mere rumour until there were concrete evidence to convince Nigerians. He said: “I will liken this situation to that of budget padding that had no substance in all ramifications. We should allow the security agencies conclude all their findings before crucifying Nigerians in the press. “Although I’ve not seen any of the documents that are being paraded, for now, we should allow those working on it conclude their investigations first.”

It’s still a rumour
Speaking in the same vein, Ehiozuwa Johnson Agbonayinma, PDP, Edo, said: “It’s still a rumour though I’ve not seen the details, but as you know, she is still innocent until proven otherwise in our law courts,” Also, Oghenejabor Ikimi, lawyer and National Coordinator, Centre for the Vulnerable and the Underprivileged, said: “Patience should be investigated on how she got the money. We agree that she was the wife of a Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President and lastly President. The sum is frightening, knowing that her office, even as First Lady, does not attract remuneration. “Even if it did attract cash benefits, was it in dollars and how much did she receive? If the anti-graft agencies find her to have amassed such wealth illegally, she should be tried to face the music. She is not bigger than the country as former First Lady.”

In his reaction, Zik Gbemre, National Coordinator, Niger Delta Peace Coalition, NDPC, said: “The NDPC does not understand the hullabaloo about investigating the former First Lady for questionable wealth. She should be investigated like anyone else suspected to be holding such questionable wealth. “All anti-graft agencies need do is ensure they do their job within the ambit of the law. People should not see this as a witch hunt or oppression. The accused must also prove her innocence lawfully. She has nothing to fear if she genuinely acquired such wealth. All she needs is proof.”

Similarly, former Provost Marshal of the Nigerian Army, Gen.Idada Ikponmwen (Retd), and Executive Director of the African Network for Environment and Economic Justice, ANEEJ, Rev.David Ugolor, described the $31.4million allegedly traced to the account of the former first lady as shocking. While noting that the anti-corruption war of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration was yielding fruits, they, however, urged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to prosecute her. It’ll never be business as usual Gen.Idada said: “Thank God for the emergence of a man who has taken the issue of the crusade against corruption very seriously, no matter the defects people may spot in this crusade. The truth is that it has started, it cannot be governance with impunity any more. “The EFCC must investigate it to the fullest, or are they saying that immunity is also extended to the wife of the President? “If after investigation and they found out it is true, one expects that she should be prosecuted. I have always said even if it is this anti-corruption fight that Buhari can do, he would have taken Nigeria some steps forward. “The anti-corruption crusade is a burning necessity in Nigeria.

Once the battle is fought for a while, Nigeria will never be the same again. “The business of fighting corruption, we all must buy into it. I do not see any sense in immunity as interpreted by Nigerian courts because the moment a leader is found to be involved in fraud, I do not see how we can use any provision in the constitution to sustain him in power,” he stated. On his part, ANEEJ Executive Director, Rev.Ugolor, said: “The disclosure of that amount in the account of a wife of a former President, who we all know has no history of owning a company that makes money, demonstrates clearly that we are in trouble in Nigeria. “It is the highest level of impunity that will require a radical response from any government that wants to be taken seriously. “ This is even more urgent, particularly because of the current economic recession. It is this kind of corruption that is responsible for the recession we are experiencing today. “The fact that this kind of grand corruption is allegedly traced to somebody from the Niger Delta is something that is very discouraging, that needs to be put into proper perspective because we cannot have this kind of story flying around the country, when unemployment level and poverty are increasing daily in the South South. “So I strongly recommend that the EFCC should take actions to recover the alleged money and also be transparent in disclosing how that money came back and prosecute her.” Former President Ijaw National Congress, Professor Kimse Okoko, said: “The fight against corruption appears to be one-sided. If it becomes one-sided, it will lose the support of Nigerians. “Anybody found to be corrupt should face the law, let the rule of law apply. If it is unjust for them to freeze her account, she should be able to take up that matter in a law court. “Let EFCC act within the law. This way I think the fight against corruption will make meaning.”

Speaking in a similar vein, Anyankwe Nsirimovu, of the Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, a civil society platform, said: “It is unfortunate that at a time we thought this thing about corruption will not touch Jonathan, it appears something different is coming up. I think it is condemnable. “This is not the kind of story we need now. That kind of money is being talked about at a time like this I don’t think it is best for the country and the Niger Delta. “This is not good for our democracy. To my mind, this has put the whole of Jonathan’s administration into question. She has the right to own such amount —McDaniels Also reacting, Chairperson of Ijaw Mothers Union, Doris McDaniels, said: “I will commend Mrs Patience Jonathan because if this is the allegation against her, then it is funny. So you mean the wife of a former deputy governor, governor, Vice President, Acting President and President cannot own this kind of money, yet wife of President Muhammadu Buhari that is less than two years in office can travel with the kind of bag as alleged recently? Then this is a funny country. “If high-profile government officials,can own properties in Dubai, yet we say wife of a former President can’t own this money, then Nigeria is a laughing stock. EFCC should follow the law.”

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/investigate-before-media-trial-reps/

2 Likes

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by todayboy: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2016
I only see media trial and propaganda

After all this the clown president buhari will still call her husband for help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Juve4(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2016
Two members of the House, who spoke to Vanguard, against the backdrop of alleged $31.4m found in a Skye Bank account, belonging to former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, advised government and security agencies to carry out a proper investigation before crucifying her.

I THINK THEY ARE MAKING POINT HERE. cool cool cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Chikpat(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2016
Some idiots just dont want Nigeria to be great and hav a penchant for supporting all kinds of impunity

4 Likes

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by WorldRichest: 9:45am On Sep 13, 2016
todayboy:

For help on how to steal public funds and still claim hero?

4 Likes

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Luckymay(f): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2016
This woman is more corrupt than the husband. Don't judge her by her adulterated Grammer. She's a crook.

4 Likes

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by agwom(m): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by cktheluckyman: 9:56am On Sep 13, 2016
Of course she has the right to own money and property. She was never in government and had no access to government funds

1 Like

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by cktheluckyman: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2016
Luckymay:
This woman is more corrupt than the husband.
Don't judge her by her adulterated Grammer. She's a crook.
Buhari is more corrupt than GEJ and PEJ combined

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Pidggin(f): 9:57am On Sep 13, 2016
How can someone of PEJ's reputation not be worth this amount? But Aisha carries a Hermes bag worth millions and even donated N135m worth of drugs to IDPs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by able20(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2016
She is investing in naija which will create jobs for indigenes, good development Madam.
We're against those rich greedy ones that have notin in naija but plenty in Dubai,USA, or Europe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by rusher14: 10:05am On Sep 13, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Na wa o.
grin
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by rusher14: 10:06am On Sep 13, 2016
able20:
She is investing in naija which will create jobs for indigenes, good development Madam.
We're against those rich greedy ones that have notin in naija but plenty in Dubai,USA, or Europe

Besides the hotel which was for status please name one local investment she has.
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by PEPPERified: 10:09am On Sep 13, 2016
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Luckymay(f): 11:00am On Sep 13, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Buhari is not corrupt (not until proven otherwise.) He's just an incompetent fellow working with bunch of mediocrities.

1 Like

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Coolcash1: 11:23am On Sep 13, 2016
Mrs Jonathan will soon have her day in court to prove her innocence... However, on the surface she definitely has a case to answer on the source of her wealth knowing her background as an ordinary civil servant....I am watching.
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Paperwhite(m): 11:29am On Sep 13, 2016
Luckymay:

Buhari is not corrupt (not until proven otherwise.)
He's just an incompetent fellow working with bunch of mediocrities.
Ehen! Buhari is not corrupt until QED but have no certificate,billion lost under him as PTDF chair,certifying others corrupt without trial etc? Zombiesm is infectious.Abeg clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by drss2(m): 11:35am On Sep 13, 2016
a directionless govt like buari dullard with notin to show will always use witchunting, propaganda n media trial to attack political opponents even if d opponents ar innocent.
sometimes one wonder which corruption buari dullard is fighting wen he said dat ''abacha was not currupt''. if abacha was not corrupt where did abacha loot came from we should not forget abacha was buari's friend. in fact d dullard served during abacha as ptf chairman. same organization he looted dry by hiring his friends company apc to run d organization. who is corrupt in buari dulard's eyes d dullard only see corruption in political opponents. look closely n u will discover dat most of buari's close friends ar highly corrupt. but he will never investigate dem becos they ar his friends. but as soon as one opposition member is accused of corruption he will unleash efcc to harass d individual. dis govt is not fighting any corruption. they ar just witchunting opposition. if dis govt is fighting corruption den pipul like danbazau, kyari, sanusi, ameachi will under investigation.
dis was d same govt dat was screaming about $200 billion looted funds in dubai but d moment they descover dat majority of d owners of d loot ar friends n members of buari's govt, they shove it aside. till today notin has been heard about $200 billion dubai loot.
buratai savings account who was alleged to have $2 million properties in dubai is there enjoying his loot. ameachi who embezzled rivers state funds to buy private jet n support buari dullard's presidential campaign has been rewarded with a ministerial position. fashola who embezzled lagos state funds with N78 million website, N150 million bore holes n N600 million 3 bmw has been promoted to super minister (super thief). buari dullard himself dat was alleged to have stolen $2.5 billion nnpc funds in 1978 wen he was minister of petroleum during OBJ military rule is now a saint n a messiah.
buari dullard's chief of staff abba kyari (defacto president of nigeria) who's company sahara energy have been indicted for a multi million dollar fraud has stoped efcc from investigating d firm. in fact, corrupt pipul make up d entire cabinet of buari dullard's APC govt, but none of dem is under investigation becos they ar members of APC. yet d dullard has d audacity to say he is fighting corruption. if d dullard will not investigate himself n members of his govt for corruption den he's notin but a political witch hunter. he is not different from abacha.

1 Like

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Aufbauh(m): 11:41am On Sep 13, 2016
I gave up on PDP members and their sensational supporters.
These people choose to seek justification in a brazen case of their corrupt practices...smh!

So in their warped and restless state,they feel that the anti graft agency has not done enough investigations? How did efcc knew the details of the transactions in the first instance? ... Electoral shock is indeed more dangerous than electric shock.
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Decibel: 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
Is Patient Jonathan a public servant?

1 Like

Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by amaechi1: 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
todayboy:

She invited herself to the matter. Before, did you know she was involved unit she filed a suit.
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by SuperS1Panther: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
Niger Delta Scavengers and other useless militant groups, your development is in the coffers of your elites such as Patience Jonah.

Direct your anger and bitterness towards your looting elites annd if you cannot and you feel intimidating the nation is your best bet, be rest assured you will be turned to ashes by the deceptively '' Smiling Crocodile''.
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by SuperS1Panther: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Decibel:
Is Patient Jonathan a public servant?

She is a PEP --- Politically Exposed Person. A scan of EFCC Act will tell you why she is one.

The onus lies on her to explain how she came about the money, the business she did and her salary that amounted to that. Unfortunately for her, it must be with documentary evidence.

However, the people that their names were used as signatories to the account have denied the account. She will need to explain how she changed her name to the names of those people. She just invited unnecessary trouble out of greed.
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by pq007: 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pidggin:
How can someone of PEJ's reputation not be worth this amount? But Aisha carries a Hermes bag worth millions and even donated N135m worth of drugs to IDPs.
at least aisha had d biggest beauty center in Kaduna b4 she became wife of d president and since bcoming wife of president I HV seen her write books pls can u tell me 1 DAT patience did to bring in DAT kinda money? So Aisha has at least a thriving venture pls can u tell me 1 by patience b4 Jonathan became governor?
Re: Patience’s $31.4m Saga: She Has The Right To Own Such Amount – Mcdaniels Read M by Pidggin(f): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
pq007:
at least aisha had d biggest beauty center in Kaduna b4 she became wife of d president and since bcoming wife of president I HV seen her write books pls can u tell me 1 DAT patience did to bring in DAT kinda money? So Aisha has at least a thriving venture pls can u tell me 1 by patience b4 Jonathan became governor?

Owning a beauty saloon makes her a billionaire? If she wasn't the wife of our president her books won't sell lol, this is what I am saying, companies, groups, individuals will support her book because she is the first lady.

I know Aisha is doing the same thing most previous first ladies did to make money. Launch books, pet projects, come up with multiple business ideas and you will not lack investors/spomsors grin

(1) (Reply)

Lamido Commissions Ozuoba-rumosi Road, Port Harcourt. / Updates: Edo Election Is Today...share Your Updates Here.. / How We Shared Nigeria Money By Hon. Abdulmumin Jubrin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.