Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Will There Be Tears In Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will There Be Tears In Heaven? (1165 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Man Tears The Holy Bible And Got Blasted (Photos) / Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
Since God will wipe away every tear, does that mean there will be tears in heaven? undecided
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by KarlWest(m): 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Verry soon you go know...
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
KarlWest:
Verry soon

you go know...

Do you know? and if not when are you going to know? undecided
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
Aren't tears a sign of mortality? It's quite contradictory to say tears would disappear when spirits already don't have the need.
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by TrajansKong: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
Yes.

There will be tears of joy as the Saved look over the turrets of Heaven upon the billions of non believers being tortured on the Lake of Fire!!

Forever. grin grin
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by Ranchhoddas: 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
Tears of joy...
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
After the rapture the saints we be at the marriage supper of the lamb and they will be able to see what is happening on earth...

Let's just be steadfast we will understand it all wen we get der
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
charix:

Aren't tears a sign of mortality? It's quite contradictory to say tears would disappear when spirits already don't have the need.

Why then did the scripture say God will wipe their tears away? undecided
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
TrajansKong:
Yes.

There will be tears of joy as the Saved look over the turrets of Heaven upon the billions of non believers being tortured on the Lake of Fire!!

Forever. grin grin

Even though you are being sarcastic it will be interesting to know how the saints will feel for the fate of their lost loved ones. cry
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Tears of joy...

If they are tears of joy why would God have to wipe them away? undecided
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
adjoviomole:

After the rapture the saints we be at the marriage supper of the lamb and they will be able to see what is happening on earth...

Let's just be steadfast we will understand it all wen we get der

Will there be tears in heaven? undecided
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by TrajansKong: 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
adjoviomole:

I hope you get a good view!!

You've worked so hard and dedicated your life for this, and here it is - the event you've waited so long for - Armageddon folloed bt Tribulation and Hellfire and you - Lucky You - will watch us all burn and starve and be killed in horrific ways on a planetary scale.

Humanity. Gone. Destroyed Forever. And you get to see it all in Heaven.

Wow.

Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by TrajansKong: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Even though you are being sarcastic it will be interesting to know how the saints will feel for the fate of their lost loved ones. cry

We know what 'the saints' will feel for the fate of their lost loves.

Nothing.

If they had ever loved or been loved or thought about this part of their beliefs for one minute, these authoritarian creeps would express more caution about 'making heaven'.

99% of the time Nigerians + Christianity=immorality
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
TrajansKong:

I hope you get a good view!!

You've worked so hard and dedicated your life for this, and here it is - the event you've waited so long for - Armageddon folloed bt Tribulation and Hellfire and you - Lucky You - will watch us all burn and starve and be killed in horrific ways on a planetary scale.

Humanity. Gone. Destroyed Forever. And you get to see it all in Heaven.

Wow.

Everyone has got the privilege to be there..we all know this planet is dying and here a better place than our earth is offered to everyone who wants to come. Is that something bad?
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Their is no tears in heaven
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Their is no tears in heaven
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Why then did the scripture say God will wipe their tears away? undecided
The same question I ask. The bible is full of many contradictions of the sort one doesn't bother applying logic any more.
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by TrajansKong: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
adjoviomole:

Everyone has got the privilege to be there..we all know this planet is dying and here a better place than our earth is offered to everyone who wants to come. Is that something bad?

Yes.

Pretty bad.

But not as bad as the fact that you will clearly ENJOY IT!!

For you there will be no tears in Heaven for lost love ones - just delight that you made it off the planet alive.

My broda, how much must your life suck for you to entertain these beliefs

How miserable do you have to be to be to find comfort in the scenario you've described
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by HardMirror(m): 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
TrajansKong:
Yes.

Forever. grin grin
Hehehehe
And they would be singing #mama I made it by #casper

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
TrajansKong:

Yes.

Pretty bad.

But not as bad as the fact that you will clearly ENJOY IT!!

For you there will be no tears in Heaven for lost love ones - just delight that you made it off the planet alive.

My broda, how much must your life suck for you to entertain these beliefs

How miserable do you have to be to be to find comfort in the scenario you've described

Their is nothing to lose. My friend. I have heard of a better place, a place of no sorrow, a better world than this. And their is no selection as to those needed der. Everybody can come to this beautiful place. The city of refuge...everyone I know have been told to come along, the money to buy the ticket have been given to them, all they have to do is to buy the ticket to this city of refuge, but some people chose to want to stay in the city of destruction....I have heard about heaven, is der anything wrong if I try it out? What do I have to lose.
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by TrajansKong: 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
adjoviomole:
Their is nothing to lose.....I have heard about heaven, is der anything wrong if I try it out? What do I have to lose.

Top-of-the-range trolling, sah!!

You almost had me for a second!! grin grin grin
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by TrajansKong: 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
HardMirror:

Hehehehe
And they would be singing #mama I made it by #casper

..while their mamas are being defiled by demons! I am certain of that!

Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
TrajansKong:

Top-of-the-range trolling, sah!!

You almost had me for a second!! grin grin grin

Nobody should be scared. If you are sure God does not exist then you have nothing to fear. Its a matter of choice, God is not forcing anybody to serve him. The only people who should be scared and are scared are those who know God is real but they just want to ignore.....

You are an atheist are you sure God does not exist?
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by TrajansKong: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
adjoviomole:

Nobody should be scared. If you are sure God does not exist then you have nothing to fear. Its a matter of choice, God is not forcing anybody to serve him. The only people who should be scared and are scared are those who know God is real but they just want to ignore.....

You are an atheist are you sure God does not exist?
If he hates humanity as much a you do , then yes, Adonblivit.

Also, if the racist, woman-hating, vengeful, overbearing, needy, bloodthirsty war god of your fantasies exists then we really wouldn't get on from first principles. However, I hope you find whatever peace you can from this terrible, sad, inhuman and inhumane proposition.
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
TrajansKong:

If he hates humanity as much a you do , then yes, Adonblivit.

Also, if the racist, woman-hating, vengeful, overbearing, needy, bloodthirsty war god of your fantasies exists then we really wouldn't get on from first principles. However, I hope you find whatever peace you can from this terrible, sad, inhuman and inhumane proposition.

I love humanity more than you do. Anyways since you are sure that God does not exist,you have nothing to worry about. Just enjoy ur life to the fullest bro......... Maaa jaiye niso!
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Since God will wipe away every tear, does that mean there will be tears in heaven? undecided

Suggested answers:

https://gotquestions.org/tears-in-heaven.html
Re: Will There Be Tears In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answers:

https://gotquestions.org/tears-in-heaven.html

Question: "Will there be tears in heaven?"

Answer: The Bible never specifically mentions tears in heaven. Jesus speaks of the rejoicing that takes place in heaven when one sinner repents (Luke 15:7, 10). The Bible says that, even now, those who believe in Jesus Christ "are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy" (1 Peter 1:8 )—if our earthly lives are so characterised by joy, what must heaven be like? Surely, heaven will be a much more joyful place. By contrast, Jesus described hell as a place of weeping and "gnashing of teeth" (Luke 13:28). So, after a cursory look at Scripture, it seems that tears will be a part of hell's domain, and heaven will be tear-free.

The promise of God has always been to take away the sorrow of His people and replace it with joy. "Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5). And "those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy" (Psalm 126:5). As in all else, Jesus is our model in this. Our Lord is "the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2). Jesus' weeping gave way to awaiting joy.

There is coming a time when God will remove all tears from His redeemed ones. "He will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken" (Isaiah 25:8.) The apostle John quotes Isaiah's prophecy as he records his vision of heaven in Revelation 7:17. At the very end of time, God fulfils His promise: "He will wipe every tear from their eyes" (Revelation 21:4). What's interesting is the timing of this event: it happens after the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11–15) and after the creation of the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1).

Consider this: if God wipes away every tear after the new creation, that means that tears could still be possible up to that point. It is conceivable, though by no means sure, that there are tears in heaven leading up to the new creation. Tears in heaven would seem out of place, but here are a few times in which we could speculate that tears might fall, even in heaven:

1) At the Judgment Seat of Christ. Believers will face a time when "the quality of each person's work" will be tested (1 Corinthians 3:13). He whose works are found to be "wood, hay, or straw . . . will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames" (verses 12 and 15). Suffering the loss of a reward will certainly be a sad time—could it be a time of tears in heaven, as we realise how much more we could have honoured the Lord? Perhaps.

2) During the tribulation. After the fifth seal is broken, the persecution of believers during the tribulation intensifies. Many are slain by the beast or Antichrist. These martyrs are pictured in Revelation 6 as being under the altar in heaven, waiting for the Lord to enact vengeance: "They called out in a loud voice, 'How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?'" (verse 10). These souls are in heaven, but they still remember the occasion of their death, and they seek justice. Could these individuals be shedding tears as they keep vigil? Perhaps.

3) At the eternal doom of loved ones. Assuming that people in heaven have some knowledge of what happens on earth, it might be possible that we will know when a loved one rejects Christ and passes into a godless eternity. This would be a distressing knowledge, naturally. During the Great White Throne Judgment, will those in heaven be able to see the proceedings, and, if so, will they shed tears over those who are damned? Perhaps.

Again, we have been speculating. There is no biblical mention of tears in heaven. Heaven will be a place of comfort, rest, fellowship, glory, praise, and joy. If there are tears, for the reasons listed above, they will all be wiped away in the eternal state. "Comfort, comfort my people, says your God" (Isaiah 40:1). And "he who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!'" (Revelation 21:5).

(1) (Reply)

The Four Levels Of Perception (Scientology). / God's Grace Produces True Worship - Olamide Obire / Is This Healing REALLY Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.