Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Simple Guides To Succesfully Manage A Profitable Farm Business In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Simple Guides To Succesfully Manage A Profitable Farm Business In Nigeria (1087 Views)

PRACTICAL GUIDES TO SUCCESSFUL POULTRY FARMING. / Contact Me For A Profitable Farm Setup And Solutions To Your Farming Activities / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Simple Guides To Succesfully Manage A Profitable Farm Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
For any farm business to be profitable,it does not only require having mere knowledge but in depth practical experience about the subject matter.
Apart from other workers and staff of your farm,the most important person in your team is your farm manager.He/she can make or mar your goal.
Many years ago,i sold some acres of farmland for a client to start cassava /oilpalm farming business and because at that time,we were in the middle of harvesting about 60 acres of corn,we have to look for a farm manager to oversee the farm.
Now that we have lots of people want to venture into agribusiness,there is need to get capable hands and brains for a successful venture.I was invited a day before the 1st ploughing to see and check how work was being done.
The first work of a good manager is to make sure the land is measure accurately before any farm operations are done.
I later discovered that the land was not measured accurately (only 10 acres was measured instead of 15 acres)
What crop should be planted on this type of land,when should it be cultivated,how do you intend to start it? are some of the decisions to be taken before starting.
For you to know and be able to apply all of these,you need on-the-farm practical experience.

Stay tuned.....to be continued

1 Like

Re: Simple Guides To Succesfully Manage A Profitable Farm Business In Nigeria by shadowid: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
k am waiting
Re: Simple Guides To Succesfully Manage A Profitable Farm Business In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2016
In the business of farming,adequate supervision is necessary.
Most people think that after planting,you can go and sleep and after some month come back to do harvesting.
A farm manager should be able to live on the farm or stay near the farm location especially on a farmland more than 10 acres.
One of the challenge we are facing on our farmland in ogbomoso is getting skilled farm managers who are capable to manage our numerous farms and that of our clients and ready to live on the farms.
One of my recent discoveries,staying on the farm eradicate fulani herdsmen tendencies on the farm without the use of wires or having to employ a security guard.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mf 375 Tractors Available For Hire In Kaduna / Free Training / Small Scale Viable Exportation FREE Practical Training Info - Are U INTERESTED ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.