Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport (733 Views)

Man Carrying AK-47 Rifle In Owerri (Photos) / NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport / Nigerian And Thai Woman Arrested In Thailand Over Methamphetamine (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by shurlermoz(m): 12:31am On Sep 14, 2016
NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport
The parcels of drugs tested positive for methamphetamine and weighed 3.435kgs with an estimated street value of N31 million in Nigeria.

A Nigerian resident of Pretoria, South Africa, Abiodun Israel Banjo, 45, has been arrested by officials of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA for possessing parcels of methamphetamine at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) in Lagos. 
Mitchell Ofoyeju, spokesman of the anti-narcotics agency, announced in a statement on Monday that the arrest took place during the outward screening of passengers on a South African Airline flight to South Africa.

The parcels of drugs tested positive for methamphetamine and weighed 3.435kgs with an estimated street value of N31 million in Nigeria.

Speaking on the arrest, NDLEA Commander at the Abuja Airport, Ahmadu Garba, described how the drug was discovered.

He explained that during a routine luggage check, NDLEA agents noticed that Mr. Banjo's two bags contained methamphetamine concealed under clothing and food items.

Mr. Garba said the suspect was immediately arrested while investigations were ongoing.

The suspect, however, denied knowledge of the drug in his bag, saying that a friend gave him the bag in South Africa.

“I work in Pretoria. My friend in South Africa called me saying that his brother would give me two bags containing foodstuff to take to him. He also promised to give me two thousand dollars. I opened the bags and checked thoroughly, but could not find anything criminal. That was how I accepted to take the bags," Mr. Banjo explained.

“I was surprised when the drug was detected under the bags. I feel very sad that my friend has implicated me.”

The suspect, a graduate of the Technical College of Ijebu-Ode, has been living in South Africa since 2012. He hails from Osun State.

NDLEA Chief Executive Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah has called on members of the public to be aware of tricks employed by drug trafficking cartels.

"Drug traffickers recruit mules by enticing them with money. They are very clever in concealing drugs, as drugs have been detected in bags, electronics, foodstuff and clothes among others. We strongly advise that all passengers should endeavor to pack their bags themselves and avoid taking bags for others," Mr. Abdallah stated.

The NDLEA boss added that ignorance was no excuse in drug trafficking and the suspect would be charged for unlawful exportation of narcotics.

"A person shall be deemed to have exported a narcotic drug or psychotropic substance under this NDLEA Act; if he brings to or deposits the narcotic drug or psychotropic substance concerned at any time at any customs area such as airports, customs port or any other customs point generally,” Mr. Abdallah explained.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by Risky005: 1:30am On Sep 14, 2016
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by ijustdey: 5:53am On Sep 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by izzou(m): 6:00am On Sep 14, 2016
He explained that during a routine luggage check, NDLEA agents noticed that Mr. Banjo's two bags contained methamphetamine concealed under clothing and food items.

“I work in Pretoria. My friend in South Africa called me saying that his brother would give me two bags containing foodstuff to take to him. He also promised to give me two thousand dollars. I opened the bags and checked thoroughly, but could not find anything criminal. That was how I accepted to take the bags," Mr. Banjo explained.

I guess he's just a victim of circumstance. The drug were not even hidden sef. Maybe he's telling the truth, although he's guilty

Never trust any man. I pity him sha

cool
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 14, 2016
When will all these drug people stop, dont they learn? Women, men, xtians, muslims, fair, dark, talk, dark all sort of people from all tribes in the country. Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by raker300: 6:15am On Sep 14, 2016
Abiodun Israel Banjo

Bruh... grin

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by LoveMachine(m): 6:29am On Sep 14, 2016
I CAME TO CHECK NAMES O!
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by wordcat(m): 7:19am On Sep 14, 2016
modelmike7:
When will all these drug people stop, dont they learn? Women, men, xtians, muslims, fair, dark, talk, dark all sort of people.

Abiodun Israel Banjo is his name, yoruba is his tribe.
They are well know for this type of business in this special volume and YOU'RE LIKELY FROM THAT TRIBE!

Learn from your brother and say no to drug.
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2016
wordcat:

Abiodun Israel Banjo is his name, yoruba is his tribe.
They are well know for this type of business in this special volume and YOU'RE LIKELY FROM THAT TRIBE!

Learn from your brother and say no to drug.
. . . . . Will you just shut up , you tribal bigot?! Go do that with your immature souls here and never mention me with anything tribal anymore. Pathetic soul.
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by agwom(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by wordcat(m): 7:27am On Sep 14, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . . . Will you just shut up , you tribal bigot?! Go do that with your immature souls here and never mention me with anything tribal anymore. Pathetic soul.

Lol

Your comment would've bn different if Chukwudi was the name, Oh, I forgot to tell u that d dude is from Osun State!

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 14, 2016
wordcat:

Lol

Your comment would've bn different if Chukwudi was the name, Oh, I forgot to tell u that d dude is from Osun State!
. . . . Keep guessing where i am from and keep sounding st*pid. I remain a Nigerian with lovely friends all over the country. My origin, your headache!
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by vivalavida(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2016
Afonja ti take over

NCAN, Alaba internation branch

Reporting live in igbo language maka umu nnem
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by wordcat(m): 7:38am On Sep 14, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . . Keep guessing where i am from and keep sounding st*pid. I remain a Nigerian with lovely friends all over the country. My origin, your headache!

A nigerian indeed
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by HtwoOw: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2016
Banjo why nah?

I believe you though, based on history, these FH people shyyt huge wraps in alarming numbers, I'm still baffled how they swallow wraps as big as a corn and shyt it conveniently at the airport grin
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by Doghari: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2016
lalasticlala and Mynd44 have seen this thread, infact the later directed me here but they will never push it to the FG because the culprit is not Igbo. We know their game.
Re: NDLEA Apprehends Man Carrying Methamphetamine Worth N31m At Lagos Airport by Durbaubal682: 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Father Impregnates Daughter For Ritual & Continues Sleeping with her / Lagosian Saves Hit-and-run Accident Victim From Bleeding To Death. (photos) / Nigerian Pastor And Dog Unscathed After Car Somersaulted 4 Times (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.