Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan (38715 Views)

Lady With Quadruplets In Bauchi: Hadiza Mohammed Abubakar Pays Medical Bills / $15M: Patience Jonathan Loses In court / Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 14, 2016
Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of former president Goodluck Jonathan, said she was using her $15m, which was frozen in four companies’ accounts, to settle medical bills while she was out of the country. She, therefore, urged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and Skye Bank to lift the restriction on the accounts. Patience said this in a letter with reference number GA/Abibo/00226/2016, written by her lawyers, Granville Abibo (SAN) and Co, which was addressed to the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu.

The PUNCH had reported that the four accounts belonged to the following companies: Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited, Seagate Property Development and Investment Company Limited, Trans Ocean Property and Investment Company Limited and Globus Integrated Service Limited.

A houseboy, a driver and other domestic workers of a former Special Adviser on Domestic Affairs to Jonathan, Waripamowei Dudafa, were named as directors, but Patience’s $15m was lodged in the accounts and she was given a platinum card and exclusive access to the accounts.

The letter read in part, “It is noteworthy to emphasise that the said accounts, which were in US dollar denomination, were card-based accounts and our client is the sole signatory to these accounts.

“However, our client has been operating the said accounts using the cards for her medical bill payments and purchases for her private purposes without any let or hindrance. Our client was therefore surprised when the said cards stop functioning on July 7, 2016, or thereabout. Our client immediately, thereupon, contacted Skye Bank Plc through our solicitors. It was only then that the bank officials informed our client that the said accounts were placed on a ‘No Debit Order’ following investigations and instruction from your commission and this is without notice to our client by either the bank or the commission.

“It is in the light of the foregoing that we urge you to use your good offices to vacate the ‘No Debit/Freezing Order’ placed on the said accounts.”

Patience, who described herself as a law-abiding citizen, said despite all the explanations she offered to the Lagos Zonal Office of the EFCC, the detectives in charge refused to heed her request. She, therefore, urged Magu to intervene immediately.

She added, “Despite the foregoing, our client, who is a law-abiding citizen, has watched with surprise how efforts are being made surreptitiously to indirectly harass or harangue her and short-change her of her personal funds in breach of her fundamental human rights. We urge you sir, to kindly intervene to stop the untoward and wrongful actions of your officials to embarrass, inconvenience and short-change our client.”

However, a detective in the EFCC said "We got a relevant court order to freeze those accounts and we have evidence which we will present in court on Friday.

“We did not know that the accounts belonged to Patience Jonathan at the time we froze them. The accounts do not bear her name neither do they carry her BVN (Bank Verification Number). So, how can she accuse us of harassment?

“She has a separate account in Skye Bank with the title ‘Patience Jonathan’, which has a balance of $5m. If she claims she needs money for medical treatment, then the $5m should be alright.”

In a thanksgiving service held at the State House chapel in Abuja on February 18, 2013, Patience had said she underwent seven surgical operations within one month in Germany, adding that the doctors had given up hope on her survival.

She had stated,“I remember when Chief Obasanjo was the President of the country, I was close to his late wife, Stella. We worshiped together in this chapel. It was a painful moment for me that time when she (Stella) died and her corpse was brought here. “That was how my corpse would have been brought here. It was not an easy experience for me. I actually died, I passed out for more than a week. My intestine and tummy were opened.

“I am not Lazarus but my experience was similar to his. My doctors said all hope was lost.’’

FG not persecuting Jonathan, Patience -Muhammad

Meanwhile, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has said the Federal Government, under President Muhammadu Buhari, is not persecuting Jonathan and his wife, Patience. Speaking in an interview with journalists in Oro, Kwara State, on Tuesday, Mohammed said it would be wrong to submit that theFederal Government was probing Jonathan or Patience.

He said “If you look at the history of Mrs. Patience Jonathan’s issue, I think she was the one that came out to claim that the money found in the accounts of one of the aides to the former President, her husband, belonged to her.

“It was not the EFCC that claimed so. She claimed that the money that the guy was being prosecuted for belonged to her. It was only then they later found an extra $5m in another account. it is not as if anybody has gone out to probe Mrs. Jonathan directly or indirectly. Rather. Mrs. Jonathan was the one that said ‘that money for which you are accusing Mr. X actually belongs to me. So, you cannot start talking of prosecution or persecution.”

The minister said the Federal Government was concerned about the current national economic recession and had initiated measures to address it. He stated that the current campaign of the Federal Government, ‘‘Change begins with me,’’ was not only for the people but also for the leaders. Mohammed also said it was incorrect to accuse Buhari’s government of being partisan, selective and vindictive in its anti- corruption war.

He said Buhari would also not spare any APC member accused or guilty of corruption. He said, “People have always said that no APC politician had been investigated. The question is ‘those who are those being prosecuted today, for what reasons are they being prosecuted?

“It is wrong to say that the government is only investigating and prosecuting PDP members. We have not even started investigating the oil and gas industry. It is not about going out to investigate PDP. No! We lost about 15,000 people. Nobody can, in honesty, accuse the FG of being one sided.’’

Patience must explain her source of wealth, says CACOL

Also, a civil society organisation, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, has said Patience must explain how she came about the funds with which she reportedly built a N10bn hotel in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.

The hotel, which is known as Aridolf Resort Wellness and Spa, Yenagoa, was inaugurated by Patience in April 2015, barely a month before the end of her husband’s tenure. But CACOL, which recalled in a statement on
Tuesday that Patience was only a Permanent Secretary in Bayelsa State at a time, said the ex-President’s wife must be made to explain the source of her wealth. The statement by the group’s acting Media Officer, Abiodun Rabiu, quoted the Executive Chairman of CACOL, Debo Adeniran, as saying the EFCC needed no further petition to invite Patience for questioning.

CACOL asked, “How did she (Patience) get the money and even the ones stacked in her accounts? That is what we, Nigerians, want to know. As far as we can understand, she was just a civil servant. So, as a civil servant, how did she manage to acquire such a luxurious property that is worth that amount, because she would have earned less than 10 per cent of the amount even if she had been a Director or Permanent Secretary in the Bayelsa State Civil Service all of the entire years she has spent on earth?”

http://punchng.com/15m-accounts-medical-bills-others-says-patience/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 14, 2016
If you still believe you're innocent that you can fool some Nigerians, then go and defend yourself in the court of Law. The Law says you're innocent until proven otherwise, so go and prove your innocency to the World.

173 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by jogsman01(m): 1:00am On Sep 14, 2016
you mean she actually begged?

STC no bad sha!

anyway, today na mai baiday..... Dont LIKE me, just wish me well.

thanks to nairaland FT. JAH BLESS YOU ALL!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by dafuturis(m): 1:05am On Sep 14, 2016
Oya "corruption fight is one sided" chorus singers come and masturbate on this thread.

have a filled day.

114 Likes 1 Share

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by herzern(m): 1:05am On Sep 14, 2016
For embezzlinq our public funds....

Your Medical condition will worsen!!!!!!!!!

163 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by StOla: 1:11am On Sep 14, 2016
She was receiving the kind of health care that Nigerians don't deserve in their own country.

Imaging the wife of a former governor and president not able to locate a decent hospital that ought to have been built or maintained by her husband in Bayelsa or at any other federal location.

Little wonder a former governor and serving senator, Alamieyesiegha died only few days upon returning to Nigeria after fleeing a Dubai hospital on hearing the British government was still hunting for him.

Tinubu also frequents foreign hospitals despite all the upgrade and competency he might have bestowed on LASUTH. Buhari has also been visiting. Who know if after his presidency he might still not have done something about the hospitals in Nigeria.

Godswill Akpabio built and hurriedly commissioned a world class hospital but still had to resort to foreign health care, revealing he only built a facade that couldn't provide any tangible health care yet.

The Nigerian masses will have to settle for the healthcare these leaders provided at home, but is not good for them and their families. Yet the same Nigerian public funds will be spent abroad.

237 Likes 20 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by APCsupporter: 1:17am On Sep 14, 2016
I just dont know whether to be sad or angry. My biggest problem isnt the thieves themselves but the id!ots that come out to defend them. I dont even know how to explain what $30000000 can do to better the lives of the fools that are defending her. If APC jails all corrupt pdp members and PDP jails all corrupt apc members who wins in the end? NIGERIA.
You see people complaining about the economy but the same people support pipeline bombings and these corrupt thieves with silly posts like "whay about tinubu", "selective probing", "its our oil money", "buhari cant touch our sister" and so on.

The govt should quickly probe and jail her. There is nothing anybody can do about it. If boko haram couldnt destroy the country then some cowardly chest-beating noisemakers who cant hurt a fowl shouldnt be taken seriously

423 Likes 54 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Standing5(m): 1:17am On Sep 14, 2016
Booked.........
Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by APCsupporter: 1:18am On Sep 14, 2016
Pej are you having a brain transplant? If thats the case then i have forgiven you cos that would mean a lot for us.

38 Likes

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by idupaul: 1:19am On Sep 14, 2016
This woman can fall hand for Africa ...When Jonathan gains two steps she takes him back 10 steps.

54 Likes

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Standing5(m): 1:19am On Sep 14, 2016
StOla:
She was receiving the kind of health care that Nigerians don't deserve in their own country.

Imaging the wife of a former governor and president not able to locate a decent hospital that ought to have been built or maintained by her husband in Bayelsa or at any other federal location.

Little wonder a former governor and serving senator, Alamieyesiegha died only few days upon returning to Nigeria after fleeing a Dubai hospital on hearing the British government was still hunting for him.

Tinubu also frequents foreign hospitals despite all the upgrade and competency he might have bestowed on LASUTH. Buhari has also been visiting. Who know if after his presidency he might still not have done something about the hospitals in Nigeria.

Godswill Akpabio built and hurriedly commissioned a world class hospital but still had to resort to foreign health care, revealing he only built a facade that couldn't provide any tangible health care yet.

The Nigerian masses will have to settle for the healthcare these leaders provided at home, but is not good for them and their families. Yet the same Nigerian public funds will be spent abroad.
I like your selection of guilty names. It will leave wailers and zombies confused and united in their subconscious mind.
One starts wondering whats in a world class hospital that we can't have at least 100 of them in Nigeria? The states and LGAs can build 50 and FG build another 50.These are profit making ventures that are easily self sustainable. A man will give his all to save his live.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by StOla: 1:25am On Sep 14, 2016
Standing5:
I like you selection of guilty names. It will leave wailers and zombies confused and united in their subconscious mind.
One starts wondering whats in a world class j=hospital that we can't have at least 100 of them in Nigeria? The states and LGAs can build 50 and FG build another 50.These are profit making ventures that are easily self sustainable. A man will give his all to save his live.

Imagine 1 person requiring $15m for health care.

That is N6B and will fund the healthcare budget of some states in the country.

92 Likes

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by nigeriapolitics(f): 1:32am On Sep 14, 2016
herzern:
For embezzlinq our public funds....

Your Medical condition will worsen!!!!!!!!!
That no too fair.
Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Standing5(m): 1:34am On Sep 14, 2016
StOla:

Imagine 1 person requiring $15m for health care.

That is N6B and will fund the healthcare budget of some states in the country.
Do you know people are dying because of substandard drugs? Drugs for Malaria and common ailments? That money could have done so much more.
May God help Nigerian realize their real enemies.

53 Likes

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Flexherbal(m): 1:34am On Sep 14, 2016
All that for medical bills?
Why do our political leaders spend huge amount on money on treatment abroad, instead of building good hospitals here in Nigerian!

11 Likes

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Standing5(m): 1:42am On Sep 14, 2016
dafuturis:
oya "corruption fight is one sided" corus singers come and masturbate on this thread.

have a filled day.
If GEJ couldn't nail Tinubu and Ameachi and had to resort to stealing money via Dasuki to sponsor documentary against them, I wonder why the children of hate want Buhari to be wasting precious time probing them again.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Standing5(m): 1:50am On Sep 14, 2016
“We did not know that the accounts belonged to Patience Jonathan at the time we froze them. The accounts do not bear her name neither do they carry her BVN (Bank Verification Number). So, how can she accuse us of harassment?

“She has a separate account in Skye Bank with the title ‘Patience Jonathan’, which has a balance of $5m. If she claims she needs money for medical treatment, then the $5m should be alright.”
The above proves she has lost count of the number of account where she has money stashed away in. Why query EFCC for an account you don't own? Wailer and Zombies, its time to unite and fight a noble fight.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 14, 2016
Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of former president Goodluck Jonathan, said she was using her $15m, which was frozen in four companies’ accounts, to settle medical bills while she was out of the country.
Wailers would not see this but would see Aisha Buhari's bag.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Ferdinandu(m): 2:06am On Sep 14, 2016
15 million dollars for medical bills shoo . It is time for her to die now. After all she has passed life expectancy in Nigeria. She is just living on borrowed time

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 14, 2016
Wailers would definitely tell you she was a former Permanent Secretary, so she could afford such money, same way they defended Dieziani. Wailers are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

91 Likes

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by aresssa: 2:15am On Sep 14, 2016
Patience, who described herself as a law-abiding citizen, said despite all the explanations she offered to the Lagos Zonal Office of the EFCC, the detectives in charge refused to heed her request. She, therefore, urged Magu to intervene immediately.

She added, “Despite the foregoing, our client, who is a law-abiding citizen, has watched with surprise how efforts are being made surreptitiously to indirectly harass or harangue her and short-change her of her personal funds in breach of her fundamental human rights. We urge you sir, to kindly intervene to stop the untoward and wrongful actions of your officials to embarrass, inconvenience and short-change our client.

Law abiding citizen opening bank accounts in other people's names aka money laundering which is a criminal offense.

Criminal claiming law abiding... wonders shall never end.. grin

However, a detective in the EFCC said "We got a relevant court order to freeze those accounts and we have evidence which we will present in court on Friday.

In the eyes of the law, that money doesn't belong to her. I mean, how do you lay claim to what's not in your name and not even the BVN?

Many looters used the same scheme to loot our money and got away with it, but this dumbass woman foolishly set herself up and lost...

BTW, what kain sickness you need $15 to treat? smh

Chai!! See ya life.. grin

66 Likes

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Pidggin(f): 2:22am On Sep 14, 2016
It's no longer $31m, who reduced it to $15m?

From Deziani to Patience, when will propaganda end and who will be next? Watch out for the next episode of "EFCC and media distractors season 10"

Even till 2019 not one person will be convicted of corruption.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by ificatchmodeh: 2:23am On Sep 14, 2016
They wan divert from the economic depression in the country to mama peace matter..
Na she on her own talk say money na her own and na for medical bills..and ve not been indicted for any corrupt or sharp practice.

Government self don the try apply caution for d matter..going tru due process.
just say the acct don freeze before she voice..
See how zombies don already sentence her for corruption..if una wan find out how she get the money send petitions to efcc to probe the allege fund.
Na so dem don the call akpabio matter,forget au silly it sound say bubu go treat common ear infection for abroad..with taxpayers funds. at a time..villa clinic ran short of drugs under bubu.
jagaban sef d frequent medical trips abroad....thought fash built world class medical facilities in lagos grin
Abeg make una leave patience alone..no be. She cause depression for naija..
If e pain the government and their zombies,make them probe her and forget this media trial

Now see as them go rush me like say..e go end their frustration. sad

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Pidggin(f): 2:23am On Sep 14, 2016
jogsman01:
you mean she actually begged?

Lies! another cock and bull diversionary story to distract us from the present economic recession and high inflation rate. When this story fades another media trial will resume

1 Like

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by YorubaFynest: 2:50am On Sep 14, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
They wan divert from the economic depression in the country to mama peace matter..
Meanwhile nobody don find mama peace guilty oh..but zombies for here don dey sentence her with their arm chair verdict.
Na she on her own talk say money na her own and na for medical bills..say make the defrost the account...because e block grin

Government self don the try deny say nobody the probe her for the matter..just say the acct don freeze before she voice..
But wetin the surprise me be say how zombies don already sentence her for corruption..if una wan find out how she get the money send petitions to efcc to probe the allege fund.
Na so dem don the call akpabio matter and co..dem no ask how silly it sound say bubu go treat common ear infection for abroad oh..with taxpayers funds.
Even at atime..villa clinic ran short of drugs under bubu.
Dey no even mind jagaban wey d always frequent medical trips abroad..even with world class medical facilities in lagos grin
Abeg make una leave patience alone..no be. She cause depression for naija..
If e pain the government and their zombies,make them probe her and forget this media trial

Now see as them go rush me like say..e go end their frustration..some go tell me "nigerians deserve the leaders they get " grin..zombie stale lines undecided

Osu

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by ificatchmodeh: 2:54am On Sep 14, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Osu

Senior Afonja! grin
E pain am grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by Firefire(m): 3:13am On Sep 14, 2016
SAY NO to corruption...

13 Likes

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by modath(f): 3:35am On Sep 14, 2016
What? shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan by smellingmenses: 3:43am On Sep 14, 2016
Firefire:
SAY NO to corruption...
she ruined GEJ....

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adebayo Obasanjo And 11 Others Promoted In Jos / Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / DSS Arrests Akinwunmi Sowore In Ondo State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.