Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” (47856 Views)

$15M: Patience Jonathan Loses In court / Court Convicts Companies Of Laundering Patience Jonathan’s $15.5m / Patience Jonathan's $15m To Go Into TSA - EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by dre11(m): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2016
Ramon Oladimeji

The four companies charged alongside a former Special Adviser on Domestic Affairs to ex-President Jonathan, Waripamo Dudafa, and two others with money laundering have pleaded guilty to the offence.

The four companies pleaded guilty to conspiring with Dudafa and the two others to launder a sum of $15, 591,700 before a Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday.

The companies are Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited; Seagate Property Development & Investment Co. Limited; Trans Ocean Property and Investment Company Limited and Development Company Limited and Avalon Global Property Development Company Limited.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had since frozen the $15.6m found in the four companies’ accounts in Skye Bank.

But wife of ex-President Jonathan, Patience, has sued the EFCC and Skye Bank, laying claims to the money.

Details later......

http://punchng.com/companies-pleaded-guilty-laundering-patience-jonathans-15m/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by HungerBAD: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2016
So what am I missing here?

The Companies have owned up to the fact they were committing a crime?and a supposed "untouchable " like Patience Jonathan has come out to lay claim to this said money?

This woman keeps insulting Nigerians,and most importantly keeps taking our knack for civility for granted.

The Ivory Coast former First Lady was stripped and beaten to a pulp,and she did not even do a Quarter of the things,this embarrassment for a wife called Patience Jonathan is doing.

To the President. I know it is an Unwritten rule not to go after a former First family in most Countries in the World,Nigeria inclusive.

But there has never been a former first family that flaunt their stolen wealth,in a brazen fashion like the Jonathan's. Especially now that Nigerians are suffering and the cause can be traced to them and their Armies of Kleptomaniac's.

Abdusallam,Shonekan,Obasanjo,Babangida are all Former Heads of State,who have tried as much as much as possible to not let Nigerians remember how much they stole.

But in this Case,it is even the former Presidents wife that is rubbing it on our faces,that yes we stole so what?

This woman should be arrested,tried,sentenced and be locked up.

334 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by DONSMITH123(m): 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
Patience as far as am concern remained guilty as charged.

chai!!! EFCC, diaris God o. Why una open mama peace yan**ch like this na

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by seunmsg(m): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
When will EFCC charge Patience Jonathan to court for money laundering? The laundered money belongs to her and not the company. She should be the one standing trial.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by sarrki(m): 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
LOBATAN

the people that borrowed money to be online for just 1hr will want to die on top this matter

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by Kyase(m): 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
seunmsg:
When will EFCC charge Patience Jonathan to court for money laundering? The laundered money belongs to her and not the company. She should be the one standing trial.
You want make Jonathan go white house like e go minna to report baba?

15 Likes

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by fiizznation: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
seunmsg:
My bro same thing I have been asking myself. When will the anti-corruption agency charge the woman to court and other corrupt people in their custody? Is she above the law or what? I'm so tired of the entire anti-corruption fight tbh.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
Na this kind thing buhari dey like to prosecute.He don dey find mama peace Tey tey.But he put up a deaf ear about buratai's dubai properties even though it is a criminal offence for a public office holder to acquire properties in Nigeria not to talk of abroad.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by steppin: 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
It's gonna end the same way others ended. We are tired of mock trials. Abeg, who's the next person on the list?

8 Likes

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by seunmsg(m): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
fiizznation:
My bro same thing I have been asking myself. When will the anti-corruption agency charge the woman to court and other corrupt people in their custody? Is she above the law or what? I'm so tired of the entire anti-corruption fight tbh.

PMB should be reminded that he was widely elected to fight corruption, recover stolen assets and prosecute those who looted the country dry during the last administration. The case of patience jonathan will go a long way to test his resolve to fight corruption without fear or favour. All we want to see his Patience Jonathan in court to answer to charges of money laundering and corruption. If the court finds her not guilty, good for her. Just charge her to court and let justice be done.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by Tokety7: 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
Only a fool will see this and shout witch hunt. Shepopotamus must go to jail.
Kudos to EFCC. Now the money must be forfeited to the FG.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by Tokety7: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Love Machine:
Na this kind thing buhari dey like to prosecute.He don dey find mama peace Tey tey.But he put up a deaf ear about buratai's dubai properties even though it is a criminal offence for a public office holder to acquire properties in Nigeria not to talk of abroad.

shut ur trap. was it not mama shiiit that came out from no where and claimed ownership of the money? was anyone investigating her at all before now?

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by omowolewa: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
Pleaded Guilty?! Hummmm! Eeedi re o!

Who be their legal team? Make I go check Penalties and Fines for Money Laundry.

3 Likes

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
cry
Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by Goke7: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
seunmsg:

PMB should be reminded that he was widely elected to fight corruption, recover stolen assets and prosecute those who looted the country dry during the last administration. The case of patience jonathan will go a long way to test his resolve to fight corruption without fear or favour. All we want to see his Patience Jonathan in court to answer to charges of money laundering and corruption. If the court finds her not guilty, good for her. Just charge her to court and let justice be done.

Let's get real bruv, Patience and his wife GEJ would never be charged to court, we are not matured as a nation for that now sentiments upon sentiments will never allow that to happen.

There is also the sentiment that in order not to encourage african presidents to perpetuate themselves in power, its better when they quit office, we allow them go with their loot. its so sad but that's the truth. If just an invitation to Tompolo to come to court and defend himself has made the whole Niger delta go mad then imagine what will happen if madam pieces is in court. I think the disgrace that she came out to say its her money is enough.

We are not even a developing nation, we are under-developed which is even an understatement

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by omofunaab(m): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Some people will come here and say yes PEJ stole but what about Stella obasanjo, turai yar adua etc

One thing i can never do in my life is support a corrupt person be it APC or PDP.

I don't understand why some people do it though.

There's nothing like media trial or whatsoever in this case, both PEJ and the companies have admitted their roles in this scandal.

You can't tell us you are using a master card with the name of your house boy and driver. If truly there isn't something shady about all these things why then can't a whole first lady open her account with her name.

God will judge anybody that defends these thieves

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by cktheluckyman: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
HungerBAD:
So what am I missing here?

The Companies have owned up to the fact they were committing a crime?and a supposed "untouchable " like Patience Jonathan has come out to lay claim to this said money?

This woman keeps insulting Nigerians,and most importantly keeps taking our knack for civility for granted.

The Ivory Coast former First Lady was stripped and beaten to a pulp,and she did not even do a Quarter of the things,this embarrassment for a wife called Patience Jonathan is doing.

To the President. I know it is an Unwritten rule not to go after a former First family in most Countries in the World,Nigeria inclusive.

But there have never been a former first family that flaunt their stolen wealth,in a brazen fashion like the Jonathan's. Especially now that Nigerians are suffering and the cause can be traced to them and their Armies of Kleptomaniac's.

Abdusallam,Shonekan,Obasanjo,Babangida are all Former Heads of State,who have tried as much as much as possible to not let Nigerians remember how much they stole.

But in this Case,it is even the former Presidents wife that is rubbing it on our faces,that yes we stole so what?

This woman should be arrested,tried,sentenced and be locked up.

lol are you for real? Keypad warrior why not come and arrest her yourself.That was exactly how you people pushed the dullard to go after Tompolo and today we are yet to recover from the consequences of that stupid action.

As long as Nigeria makes its money from Niger-delta oil Nothing will happen to GEJ or PEJ.Trust me on that

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by cktheluckyman: 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
Goke7:

Let's get real bruv, Patience and his wife GEJ would never be charged to court, we are not matured as a nation for that now sentiments upon sentiments will never allow that to happen.

There is also the sentiment that in order not to encourage african presidents to perpetuate themselves in power, its better when they quit office, we allow them go with their loot. its so sad but that's the truth. If just an invitation to Tompolo to come to court and defend himself has made the whole Niger delta go mad then imagine what will happen if madam pieces is in court. I think the disgrace that she came out to say its her money is enough.

We are not even a developing nation, we are under-developed which is even an understatement

No allow them to continue to masturbate online.I didn't see any of these hypocrites rant when Buhari presented a forged WAEC result to INEC.

1 Like

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by Saintbonnie(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Has anything been done to saraki, methu and others?
seunmsg:

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by agwom(m): 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
hmmm
Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by cktheluckyman: 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
seunmsg:

PMB should be reminded that he was widely elected to fight corruption, recover stolen assets and prosecute those who looted the country dry during the last administration. Th[b]e case of patience jonathan will go a long way to test his resolve to fight corruption [/b]without fear or favour. All we want to see his Patience Jonathan in court to answer to charges of money laundering and corruption. If the court finds her not guilty, good for her. Just charge her to court and let justice be done.

So the certificate forgey saga did not tell you anything about Buhari's resolve to fight corruption ni?are you for real?Has Amaechi and Fashola been prosecuted?

1 Like

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by dayo23(f): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
grin
Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by seunmsg(m): 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
Goke7:

You made lots of valid points that cant be disputed. But letting her walk away with over $30million will also send a very wrong signal that there are sacred cows in the fight against corruption. If she can forfeit all what she stole, then the government can enter into an arrangement where she will get clemency for her cooperation. What i will never support is allowing her go away with the loot like she's demanding. And again, she is already in court to get a de-freezing order against EFCC, such effrontery only breeds impunity. How can she be so bold as to approach the court to allow her enjoy the proceeds of her crime? We should not set a bad precedent no matter the situation.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by omofunaab(m): 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
cktheluckyman:

No allow them to continue to masturbate online.I didn't see any of these hypocrites rant when Buhari presented a forged WAEC result to INEC.

Why have you taken it upon yourself to defend corruption. .be it saraki ,bode George, dasuki etc

Something is wrong with you

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by undecidedYoruba: 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
APC needs this kind of news, to distract the gullible and the REPROBATES from the realities of the hunger and recession in town.

If this serves any purpose on the lives of the gullible and the REPROBATES, I guess the TRILLIONS RECOVERED since 17months of the this junta OUGHT to have impacted positively on their lives.

But you know, with Zombies all you need is dangle NOISE and they ALL RUN after you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by idupaul: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
The annoying part is that after all this evidence PEJ would be allowed to go scot free..tommorow women from her village will converge in Abuja in protest saying nobody should witch hunt their daughter and the would be the end of the case...Nigeria's case is really pathetic we only hate corruption if it's carried out by someone from another tribe ,religion or region but once Na our person we call it National cake

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by Jesusloveyou: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Love Machine:
Na this kind thing buhari dey like to prosecute.He don dey find mama peace Tey tey.But he put up a deaf ear about buratai's dubai properties even though it is a criminal offence for a public office holder to acquire properties .
who gave buratai the money, is it not under ineffectual buffoon? does that justify she-popotamus stealing? let us first conderm all d criminals before defending some criminals

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by fendorf(m): 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
We are watching
Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by cktheluckyman: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
seunmsg:

You made lots of valid points that cant be disputed. But, letting her walk away with over $30million will also send a very wrong signal that there are sacred cows in the fight against corruption.

But it is okay to allow Buhari walk away with forged WAEC certificate? You think you have recession now? Just sit and watch if Buhari is stupid enough to go after GEJ or his wife then you will understand what recession really means.When the crude oil production falls below 500,000bpd and the exchange rate become N1000/$ then you will really understand the meaning of recession.

You people openly boasted about Buhari's forged WAEC result saying "even if he presents nepa bill we will still vote for him"and today you want to preach morality? are you for real?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by cktheluckyman: 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
omofunaab:

Why have you taken it upon yourself to defend corruption. .be it saraki ,bode George, dasuki etc

Something is wrong with you
At least I am speaking against the corrupt acts of Amaechi,Buhari ,Fashola and Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by amaechi1: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
We can see reason why she was begging Nigerian not to vote Buhari because she does not want to go to prison. She how she join others to loot the treasury.

Indeed there is God. For those who wish Pre- May 29 2016 to come back with its corruption, over to you.

11 Likes

Re: Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m” by Agimor(m): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
They were guilty even before a competent jurisdiction declared then guilty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDDC: Birds, Flowers Listed On Annual Report, Scholarships Sections Of Website / El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai / Isiaka Adeleke's Death Sparks Riot In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.