Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

ASUU Denies Issuing Strike Notice To FG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Denies Issuing Strike Notice To FG (389 Views)

ASUP Issues 14-day Strike Notice To Nigerian Govt, Lists Demands / ASUU Denies Issuing Statement On Hike In Varsities’ Fees / ASUU Denies Issuing Strike Notice To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Denies Issuing Strike Notice To FG by MaQuin(f): 7:00am On Sep 14, 2016
The chairman, Academics Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) University of Abuja chapter, Dr Ben Ugheoke, has denied issuing a strike notice to the Federal Government.
ALSO READ: 'Poor funding killing education in Nigeria'- ASUU tells FG

He made this known in a statement in Abuja, today September 13, saying that he did not give the go ahead for any interview or issue a statement concerning any pending strike contrary to reports.

He said:

“My attention has been drawn to a publication online and on social media captioned- ASUU: union to begin strike October 2nd.

“The story is said to have been authored originally by Press Team of University of Abuja.

“The general public and ASUU National Executive Council (NEC) should know and note that no one came, either as journalist or any Press Team to interview me.

“I hereby denounce such a publication as the work of mischief makers, targeted at misleading the unsuspecting public about the trajectory of the struggles of ASUU.

“That are aimed at revitalising the university and indeed the education system of Nigeria.”

http://pulse.ng/student/ASUU-union-denies-issuing-notice-of-strike-id5487982.html

cc;fynestboi, olawalebabs
Re: ASUU Denies Issuing Strike Notice To FG by MrOlihilistic: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2016
undecided
I've planned how I will spend my October already.
you're mad Mr man you better go on strike jor.
Re: ASUU Denies Issuing Strike Notice To FG by madridguy(m): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2016
Ok
Re: ASUU Denies Issuing Strike Notice To FG by babyfaceafrica: 9:26am On Sep 14, 2016
Better

(1) (Reply)

UNIZIK Admission Screening Registration 2016/2017 Announced / PRESS RELEASE Resumption: FUNAAB Management Backs Senate Decision / Study Aborad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.