Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad (2991 Views)

FG Won't Give Up Anti-corruption War - Osinbajo / Cameroon: Breaking News ! Police Broke Up Anti- Biya Demonstrations In Douala / Solution To Kidnapping: Anti Kidnapping Underground Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by mccloud224(m): 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2009
Let me thank d guy that posted this topic because it is the one that concerns me alot.

We Nigerians always do something that make me to laugh,, why do we always shy away from the main truth?

we know the problem of a particular situation; instead of us fixing it directly, we always want to change the name.

Take for instance NEPA was changed to PHCN and the "problems" remain.

S.A.R.S. in Benin came up, followed by operation THUNDER STORM,, now anti kidnaping squard, all this is the same nigerian police.

why can't we just fix the police squad first and allow them to do their thing

@jude33084

I was about to post the same thing until i saw your post.This country is a big joke.Instead of addressing the matter from the root, they prefer to apply band aid to a surgical wound.Ten years ago, kidnapping was unheard of in this country.Even the ones we heard of were mainly for ritual purposes (gbomo gbomo).Today, it's a "lucrative venture".Everyday on the tabloids, its one kidnapping or the other.What is the cause of this?We already know so there is no point repeating it all over and over again (poverty,joblessness,looting etc).

The NPF keeps coming up with different "squads" to "tackle" crime (operation sweep,operation vigilance,operation fire for fire, bla bla bla) and yet, the problem remains.I mean, how can a kidnapping squad function?Really how?Kidnappings are crimes that are carefully calculated and planned in secret.The only way such an agency can work is via information.Na who go give dem dat info?Nobody.All they will be doing is picking innocent people off the streets as suspected "kidnappers" and ripping bail money of them.

Nuff said!
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by snowdrops(m): 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2009
jude33084 and mccloud224 are top class geniuses.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by odereghi(m): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2009
ADVANTAGES OF KIDNAPPIGS IN THE NIGER DELTA REGION
are you so surprise that kidnnappings got advantages? take a look! some of the advantages of kidnappings include:

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, goodluck jonathan is been chosen as the vice president of nigeria otherwise no niger delta person would have been chosen to occupy any top position in nigeria.

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, issues on how to develop the niger delta has remained the burning topic in the national assembly and house of senate and even outside nigeria.

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, president y'aradua included the niger delta in his seven point milleneum development gold otherwise he would not have included it.

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, the youth of the niger delta are considered first in nigeria in times of admissions, employments, scholarships, skill acquisitions etc before youths from other regions.

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, the niger delta ministry was created otherwise it would not have been created at all.

let me conclude by saying that if kidnapping should continue in the niger delta, a niger delta person will be appointed one day to be the president of nigeria.

Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by odereghi(m): 10:19am On Oct 15, 2009
ADVANTAGES  OF KIDNAPPINGS IN THE NIGER DELTA REGION
are you so surprise that kidnnappings got advantages? take a look! some of the advantages of kidnappings include:

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, goodluck jonathan is been chosen as the vice president of nigeria otherwise no niger delta person would have been chosen to occupy any top position in nigeria.

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, issues on how to develop the niger delta has remained the burning topic in the national assembly and house of senate and even outside nigeria.

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, president y'aradua included the niger delta in his seven point milleneum development gold otherwise he would not have included it.

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, the youth of the niger delta are considered first in nigeria in times of admissions, employments, scholarships, skill acquisitions etc before youths from other regions.

due to kidnappings in the niger delta, the niger delta ministry was created otherwise it would not have been created at all.

let me conclude by saying that if kidnapping should continue in the niger delta, a niger delta person will be appointed one day to be the president of nigeria.

Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by baslone: 11:06am On Oct 15, 2009
Came across this recent Nigerian Police story. Thought I sahould share it

A prosecution witness, Constable Har-una Mahmud, told an Abuja High Court, Maitama, yesterday that Deputy Commissioner of Police Ibrahim Danjuma personally killed six traders in Apo, Abuja.

He spoke under cross-examination at the resumed hearing in the matter.

Mahmud said when the leader of his patrol team, Inspector Suleiman Audu, refused Danjuma’s order to shoot at the Peugeot 406 salon car that the deceased persons were travelling in, he (Danjuma) alighted from his car, grabbed the gun from Audu and shot at the victim’s car, killing four out of the six occupants of the car on the spot.

The two others, according to him, were unconscious.

He said: "On June 7, 2005, I was on stop- and- search patrol duty at Gimbiya Street, Area 11, Garki.

"My patrol team was headed by Inspector Suleiman Audu. When I reported at the duty post, I was put on alert by the DCP and after a while I saw a Peugeot 406 racing towards me, I flashed torch at the vehicle for the driver to stop, but the driver refused to stop.

"DCP Ibrahim Danjuma arrived in a BMW car and tried to stop the victim’s car and when the driver refused to stop, he ordered the Inspector to fire, but the Inspector refused the order.

"DCP Danjuma alighted from his vehicle, collected the gun from the Inspector and shot at the vehicle.

"Four persons died immediately, while others were unconscious.

"All the while, I had taken cover, watching the scene from afar."

The witness also said the first statement he made that guns were found in the victims’ car was written under duress by the DPO of Garki Police Station.

He also said his testimony before the Mike Okiro panel was a lie because he gave the testimony under pressure.

Justice Ishaq Bello adjourned hearing till October 28

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Armed Forces Ruling Council Or Supreme Military Council? / Ajimobi Declares Free Health Care For Children Under Five / Radio Biafra Not Off Air – Kanu, Director (sunnews)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.