Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

I Need Some Explanation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Some Explanation (713 Views)

n Cisco And Linux I / I Need Peachtree Explanation / Virus Problem W32/rontokbro.gen@mm. I Really Need Some Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Some Explanation by femi4: 7:37am On Oct 09, 2009
I do make a copy of my softwares in a folder by using the copy and paste method of their files cos i prefer that than going about with cds or dvds but i couldnt do the same for my ms word 2003.The application did not run from its folder. NB:No files were missing,all the files were intact.
Re: I Need Some Explanation by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2009
that will only work with small programs that have all their files located in the program folder

office creates multiple folders under common files, documents and settings/user profiles,

it also creates several registry entries

finding out which apps are 'portable' ( their program folders can be moved o another pc - is mostly by trial and error - but any app with multiple installer files generally is not portable)
Re: I Need Some Explanation by deji2009(m): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2009
I do make a copy of my softwares in a folder by using the copy and paste method of their files cos i prefer that than going about with cds or dvds but i couldnt do the same for my ms word 2003.The application did not run from its folder. NB:No files were missing,all the files were intact.

I doubts it. well, that isnt possible really ? because microsoft wont allow you duplicating a copy.

I hope I'm communicating, if i get what you meant. Is the Office 2003 counterfeit or original. you can try copying all the

content to your desktop and try using ISO burner to burn it. Example http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-burnwin.htm

Good luck, Deji Sunday
Re: I Need Some Explanation by joys24: 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2009
go and copy it on vista. 08054114773
Re: I Need Some Explanation by DaveWest: 7:49am On Aug 10, 2015
Here's a guide to show you how to burn ISO to DVD.
Re: I Need Some Explanation by femi4: 7:59am On Aug 10, 2015
DaveWest:
Here's a guide to show you how to burn ISO to DVD.
See your head....you go wake up dead thread

(1) (Reply)

Automated Sms / Nokia E63 For Immediate Purchase In Abuja! / Sopcast Watch The World Cup 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.