Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief (61314 Views)

AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) / 15-Year-Old Boy Sent Home From School Over This Hairstyle In West Midlands / Photo Of The Kenyan Student Expelled From School Over "Occultic Drawing" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by 08064978510(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
Authorities of the University of Ilorin, Kwara State on Sunday said that they had accepted the voluntary withdrawal of a student, Jephtaph Abolarin, from the institution.

Abolarin, a 300-Level Sociology student, had written to the university confessing to cheating during his West African Senior School Certificate Examination.

Abolarin, who claimed he had become a ‘born again’ Christian, said continuing his university education, using an unmerited certificate was unjust and immoral.

He wrote the letter to the institution’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academics, Prof. Sidiqat Ijaiya, on August 5, 2016.

According to him, he wanted to withdraw from the school because he got his WASSCE through examination malpractice.

Reacting to the letter on Sunday, the university Deputy Director, Corporate Affairs, Mr. Kunle Akogun, confirmed the withdrawal of the student.

Akogun, who noted that the Senate of the university had accepted the withdrawal letter, added that the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Abdulganiyu Ambali, commended Abolarin for his repentance and sincerity.

The VC, Akogun added, wished Abolarin well in his future endeavour.

Part of Abolarin’s letter to the DVC read, “Just as a house that was built on a faulty foundation will surely collapse, it is also certain that a career that is built on a faulty foundation will definitely collapse. All through my secondary school days, I was just a church ‘goer’, without genuine salvation and the fear of God. As a result, I got my WASSCE result through examination malpractice.

“By the grace of God, now, I have encountered the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ, which called for repentance and restitution.

“Sir, with deep conviction, I have realised that there is no point building my academic career on a faulty foundation; since the WASSCE result I got through malpractice is the basis in which my admission into this university was anchored.

“Therefore, I have decided to withdraw from the university and start all over again.”

http://punchng.com/student-confesses-cheating-wassce-withdraws-unilorin/

See earlier thread here

https://www.nairaland.com/3341995/born-again-unilorin-student-withdraws

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by DTRUMPER: 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hmmmmm, Restitution on point.

If my child try am, na slap he go chop first.

I wish all our governors and senators will do this kind of restitution in Nigeria.
Well we both know the answer to that.
Bukola saraki come n do restitution oooooo

Anyway, check my signature and smile to the Bank forever BELOW

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by ireneony(f): 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
I need to whip him with kobokobo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Phonefanatic: 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
He made the decision which is best for him..... Wishing him all the best

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Opistorincos(m): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
If to say na me born the guy, i for just use am do asun make e no be like say k waste my money ontop am... Odeh oshi

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by phygo89(m): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Na him business

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by computerboy: 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Restitution indeed! So what of those that killed and repented? They should wake up the dead?

They should tell us his CGPA first so we'll know if he truly repented or he's just another lazy and coward student who has given up on school

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by nely(m): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
this one na end of story

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by lifestyle1(m): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Thank God for your life.

6 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
I still don't understand how restitution should work ideally. I think I need a serious teaching on it. If what this guy did is the real standard for what restitution should be, then I seriously think I have a lot of things to restitute. May God help us o

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Grantpatte: 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
lol
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Harmony92(f): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
embarassed
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by ngoben(f): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hmmmmmmm well his life,his future shaa

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
I pray he continues to abide in Him otherwise he will of all men be the most miserable. But if I were his pastor, I would have advised him appropriately. Even born again Christians perish too for lack of knowledge and application of the knowledge if gotten. Good luck

24 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Alexk2(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
To each his own. I'm unworthy to either praise or condemn his action....but I cannot but hail my Alma-mater; truly better by far far!

7 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by dermmy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
Many christians don't understand this restitution of a thing. The only man that did restitution in the new testament was Zacheus and Jesus christ didn't force him to do so. Jesus christ didnt suggest it to it him. He didnt command him to do so. He did it willingly because he was so happy the day Jesus came to his house dine with him.

Why was he over joyous because he had longed to see Jesus. a short man who had tried to meet Jesus one on one many times but could not. And the moment he tried to do something surprising Jesus saw him and told him he would come and dine in his house.

Now my question gies thus. An armed robber that has stolen cars and defrauded people of their valuables, sold those things and later repented, how do you want him to return all those cars he stole at gun point after becoming a born again. May cars and other valuables have been stolen by armed robbers on the highways and have been sold and the money spent by the armed robber so how do you want them to return all these things to the people they dont even know?

Many people were big liars before they gave their lives to Jesus so how do you want them to remember the people they lied to and go back to them to make restitution thaf they lied to them sometime ago.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Smartixy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ok
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by daeujo: 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
Wow! That's nice. I really wish people can emulate him especially our politicians.

10 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by tafabaloo(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Good . Wished our Politicians who were rigged into offices could toe this line.

Starting with our President who was accused of no-certificate

4 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by mukhcech(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
The change begins with me!!! Things are not the same.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by drberry(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
This is am example of Change begins with you.
God will certainly bless the boy beyond expectations.

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Smooyis(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Great

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by apoti(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
k
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
I wish the University Management will learn one or two things from Abolarinwas's life and change their ways before the wrath of God descends on them

4 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Emu4life(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Dz one na MUMU raise to power 100. Abeg comot joor make my brothers get space.

8 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by MISSNORA(f): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Good one
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by mikkybellami(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
So people like this still remain on earth...

[size=28pt]if na me I no go talk at all I go even use the malpractice win election ask bubu how it is done[/size]

5 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by kaluchuks(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Sometimes I keep on wondering how people make decisions,bikonu can someone help me talk sense into our new messiah that just repented

4 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by bbgoreoluwa(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
that my street address 'gboyinde'

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by lamideee(f): 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nice
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
I wish he doesn't regret this.

But I doubt he won't.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Who Exposed Universities Lecturers Never Graduated / Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.