Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Love Is Hard Work! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Love Is Hard Work! (407 Views)

ETISALAT Discourages Me From Hard Work And Wants Me Get Rich Quick! (PIC) / Difference Between Hard Work And Smart Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love Is Hard Work! by fleps(m): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello Friend

Last Saturday, I attended a youth gathering where we had extensive talk about the word 'LOVE'. It was really insightful. The climax of it for me was when a participant said: "LOVE is hard work".

I took that home, reflected on it and drew out some exciting conclusions

Love is hard work! Anything we, therefore, want to channel such love to can only be achieved with hard work

John, do you love God? Work hard: study the scriptures, have a personal relationship with Him etc

Do you love your spouse? Work hard at making that relationship work!

Also...

Do you love your career? Then you really need to work hard to make it work. You need to put lots of effort into it to succeed and live the 'God Career' life! You've got to add to yourself, work hard at your job and be the best you can be. Have you been doing something different recently that will improve your career? No? Never worry, there's always a good time to start

Fortunately, I've put together 3 starting points via which you could kick off.

1. Acquire Skills
Relevant skills! Check out the various vocational course training lined up by Daystar Skills Acquisition Programme . It's a good place to start. Tailors are set to excel this festive season. A simple app you create can earn you millions. There's no weekend Nigerians don't throw parties; photography and Make Up skills can come in handy here. Someone must wed every weekend as well. One way or the other, these skills may relate to your job or help you start off with self-employment

2. Get professional training/certification
And get certified in it. Professional institutions like ICAN, CIPM, CIMN, CIS are available! Search the institution available for your field, register, study, write the exam and get certified. This gives you authority in the field you wish to operate. It's like a practitioner's licence. It is simply a boast and not a guaranty for success in your field, though. Like I said, these points are a kick start foundation for your career.

3. Read more and network with people in the same den
Read! Read anything related to your field and don't get isolated. A man cannot plan his prosperity without the help of his community. Meet people (online or offline) in the same field. Commune and share ideas. Join relevant groups on LinkedIn and Facebook. Engage in discussions and solve real life issues.

These are just start-offs. If you love your career, you would put work and time to excel in it, else, change careers and get something that you love even if it means starting small; a tree will not grow overnight!

Well, John, I'll drop off my pen here until next time. But before I leave you, kindly send these 8 outlines written by a friend for anyone about to graduate or conclude the NYSC programme. It's a great resource for anyone set to begin a career or change careers.

Thank you for reading
Remain in the 'God Career' life
Re: Love Is Hard Work! by Zainey338: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Love Is Hard Work! by IntrovertXtian: 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
Zainey338:
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

And how does this comment relate to the post? Looking for FTC abi... Make Seun or Lalasticlacla catch you!

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy Business DEVELOPMENT OFFICER / Satalites Tvs Inatallers Enginers Forum / Secret To Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.