Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? (967 Views)

Olamide: "I Made My Lagos Nawa Album In 48 Hours" / Highest Paid Musicians In Nigeria In 2016 - T.I.N Magazine / 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by GoggleB(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
2016 has been a great year so far in the Nigeria Entertainment Industry with different sounds coming from our talented artistes.

The long awaited debut albums from our admired talents; Lil Kesh , Kiss Daniel , Patoranking , Adekunle Gold and Reekado Banks are out and doing extremely well. These artistes have successfully carved a niche for themselves in the industry, however, who among them do you think has the best debut album?

1. Lil Kesh – Y.A.G.I (Young And Getting It):

Lil Kesh released his 19 tracks album under his former record label, YBNL Nation on March 17, 2016. Lil Kesh brings it all together on this album a life on the street which is filled with tales of hustle, love, celeB.ration and fights.

2. Kiss Daniel – New Era:

Kiss Daniel feels like the real deal, combining substance with the pop-adored ‘fineboyism’ to make music which is immersive, content-filled, and worthy of a “New Era”.
New Era is a 20-track collection of songs, released on May 14, 2016 under G-Worldwide entertainment.

3. Adekunle Gold – Gold:

The Gold album is nothing but GOLD, according to
Adekunle Gold ’s fans. YBNL lover boy, who released the 16-track album in June 2016prove everyone that he is here to stay for a very long time. Is Adekunle Gold’s debut album a gold standard for the music industry?

4. Patoranking – God Over Everything (GOE):

After keeping his fans on a long thing, waiting for his first body of work, Patoranking finally dropped his debut album in August 2016.

The 14-track GOE is a combination of soul, afropop e.t.c. Patoranking shows gratitude to God in this album from raising is life from someone selling rat poison, bricklayer to someone who has been a face of the society (LOL).

5. Reekado Banks – Spotlight:

Gbedu wey dey burst B.rain. After winning Headies Next Rated award in January this year, many eyes turned to the Mavin Records well nurtured talent, his debut album became one of the most anticipated albums of 2016.

Prior to the release of ‘Spotlight’ on September 1,
Reeky Reeky boasted about his album, saying his debut album will be the best album out of Nigeria, but, can the 21-track ‘Spotlight’ achieve this?

So, let us know “Who Has The Best Debut Album?”

Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by GoggleB(m): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
For me I wud pick

1. GOLD

2. NEW ERA

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by IamNawty(f): 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
1. Gold.. Can't get over that album
2. New era.. Mehn I underrated kiss Daniel before before.. Bt now I prefare him to reeky.. His talent is pure mehn
3. The rest

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by sathel(m): 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
Reekado banks....best
Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by AsapKen(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
Spotlight and God over everything re still d best....
Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by Luckymay(f): 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Patoranking is the winner.
Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by GoggleB(m): 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
AsapKen:
Spotlight and God over everything re still d best....
Really
Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by karrengold(f): 12:03am On Sep 15, 2016
GOLD
Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by tomslee(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2016
#YAGI and #GOLD
Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by GMan650(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2016
After critical track to track review of these albums, I believe this is the order of how good they are:

1. Kiss Daniel - New Era

I was a lil disappointed when I first listened to this album cos I was expecting 17 new Layes or 17 Mamas but it wasn't like that. After 2nd and 3rd listening, I concluded that this is really 'New Era' sound, it's different from what we've been hearing before. The production, delivery and lyrics were top notch adding that he didn't feature any artiste, this is my number one. All the tracks are in my playlists kiss (Even the album fillers are wonderful) 4.5/5

2. Adekunle Gold - Gold

As the name implies, 'Gold', the album is golden, it's a nice compilation of 16 wonderful tracks and it's my early morning tonic. The album was mixed by Simi and I think she did great on this. Adekunle has made a huge statement with this album. All the tracks were composed superbly kiss (No album-fillers) 4/5

3. Lil Kesh - Y.A.G.I

Lil Kesh surprised so many of us with this project. He delivered an album so many of us weren't expecting cos we all thought his album will have 'vulgarised' songs but he shocked us all as he delivered an album that explained the travails of a young hustler in the street and he did that with class. If not for New Era and Gold, it would have been my best album this year. With the album, he's now one of my favourite artiste. All tracks make sense. 4/5

4. Patoranking - G.O.E

The anticipation of this album made us all expect a super album from Pato but he delivered a 'normal' Nigerian album. He tried his best but it's the normal thing we've been hearing though he has some new tracks in the album that would have been great singles if the were released before the album. 3/5

5. Reekado Banks - Spotllight

I'm not close to the Mavins but I don't need anyone to tell me Reeky rushed this album. I've been his fan since he released 'Chop am' back in 2014 but I think he rushed this album prolly cos his mates Kiss and Kesh have released theirs. With his 'Next rated' status, he should have taken his time to create a 'superstar' album. His year has been superb prior the album winning the prestigious Headies next rated, releasing hits like Oluwa ni and Standard. The sound of the album was great but the lyrics were not up to the Standard he has created. I couldn't believe he even included a cover in his album(Yeah, he did a cover to Vanessa Mdee's Never Ever and featured the Tanzanian and he included it in his album). Judging by his talents, Reeky could have done better. 2.5/5
Re: Who Has The Best Debut Album In 2016? by mayorjosh(m): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2016
To me:

1. GOLD
2. GOE
3. YAGI
4. NEW ERA
5. That reekado banks album na error I swear undecided lipsrsealed tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Girl Who Sold Noodles And Egg To Pay Her Way Through The University / OAP Moet Of Sound City Pictured With Skales / Actress Dakore Egbuson - Akande New Photo As She Celebrates Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.