Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo (1719 Views)

Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager / Luis Figo Becomes UEFA Advisor / Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by Petmax: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
Former Real Madrid and Barcelona winger, Luis Figo has said Cristiano Ronaldo is not at par with Portuguese legend Eusebio, even though he never saw the striker play.

Figo insists Ronaldo cannot yet be considered the best player Portugal has ever produced even though the 31-year old have won the Ballon d’Or thrice, scoring 488 goals in just 674 matches and won 12 major honours during his career with Manchester United and Real Madrid.

In an interview with Spanish newspaper AS, he said: “I admire Cristiano and I enjoy seeing his achievements.

“He just gets better every year. He’s making football history.

“But even though I never saw Eusebio play, I would put him at number one for everything he stands for, for the love he showed me, his friendship and his advice.

“Everyone will say that I say that for this reason or that reason but ultimately it’s just about respect. Everyone makes history in their own time.”

On the international level, Ronaldo has won 133 caps scoring 61 goals more than any other Portugal player.

READ MORE: http://www.petmaxflame.com/2016/09/cristiano-ronaldo-is-not-portugals-best.html

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by divinehand2003(m): 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
Lol

Is this jealousy?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
This Figo too dey jealous dz guy.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by tuffgongjo(m): 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
divinehand2003:
Lol
Is this jealousy?
None
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by gendebs(m): 9:26am On Sep 15, 2016
Ronaldo is not the greatest player to play for Portugal. Figo plays better than Ronaldo, did not watch Eusebio but saw Figo played for Portugal and Real Madrid. if u say Ronaldo is Better, I bet u started watching football.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by Azeemokoya: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2016
Lol...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by enomakos(m): 11:49am On Sep 15, 2016
divinehand2003:
Lol
Is this jealousy?
it is not jealousy fact the black panther eusebio is better
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by enomakos(m): 11:50am On Sep 15, 2016
derespect:
This Figo too dey jealous dz guy.
it is not jealousy eusebio is better
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2016
enomakos:
it is not jealousy eusebio is better
How u take know? How many of his matches did u watch? How many trophies did he win for his country and club? How many world best did he win?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by enomakos(m): 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
[quote author=derespect post=49379897]
How u take know? How many of his matches did u watch? How many trophies did he win for his country and club? How many world best did he win?
[/quote go and get his tape and watch
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by enomakos(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
derespect:

google will help you with the rest
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by Ranchhoddas: 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
gendebs:
Ronaldo is not the greatest player to play for Portugal. Figo plays better than Ronaldo, did not watch Eusebio but saw Figo played for Portugal and Real Madrid. if u say Ronaldo is Better, I bet u started watching football.
Sharap dia
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
enomakos:
google will help you with the rest
It's obvious you cannot answer the question urself
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by enomakos(m): 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
derespect:

that because you did't know who eusebio is
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by enomakos(m): 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
derespect:

how many world best hads messi won?many right?
But if you ask an argentinan who is the better between maradona and messi hope you know the answer?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
enomakos:
how many world best hads messi won?many right?
But if you ask an argentinan who is the better between maradona and messi hope you know the answer?
The fact that Maradona won world cup for Argentina and Messi did not, makes Maradona to be better than Messi irrespective of the number of world best Messi has won.
The same thing applies to CR7. The fact that CR7 won European Championship for Portugal and also won 3 world best (still counting) for himself while Eusubio didn't win up to 3 world best for himself and no major trophy for his country makes CR7 to be mile away better than him.
That's the fact. Take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by enomakos(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
derespect:

The fact that Maradona won world cup for Argentina and Messi did not, makes Maradona to be better than Messi irrespective of the number of world best Messi has won.
The same thing applies to CR7. The fact that CR7 won European Championship for Portugal and also won 3 world best (still counting) for himself while Eusubio didn't win up to 3 world best for himself and no major trophy for his country makes CR7 to be mile away better than him.
That's the fact. Take it or leave it.
that why i ask you to google what you did't know
eusebio won bronze medal for portugal in 1966 world cup,world cup and euro is not the same
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
enomakos:
eusebio won bronze medal for portugal in 1966 world cup,world cup and euro is not the same
Winning bronze medal at the world cup is good as winning nothing in the present day football.
Asides that, CR7 also came 4th with Portugal in 2006 world cup in Germany. Now, he proceeded by winning European Championship this year with Portugal.
My dear, heavens know that CR7 is in thousandfold better than this guy called Eusebio. Don't be sentimental

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
enomakos:
Just quit it.

Ronaldo was voted last year as Portugal's greatest ever footballer by the Portuguese FA.

I guess you know more than Portuguese nationals then.

You don't have to like him but that doesn't warrant you berating his legacy.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by lanreni: 10:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
gendebs:
Are you also jealous and sentimental like figo? even maradona who has achieved than figo respects messi. why shouldn't he respect a player that has shattered all his records for club and country. It is obvious he is praising Eusebio because of their close relationship. thats purely sentimental. has he scored the kind of goals ronaldo has scored even backing the post? don't lets overflogg it. messi supporters woul naturallyqueu behind figo on this one
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo by wizard007(m): 10:05am On Sep 16, 2016
gendebs:

Are you crazy?

Where did your judgment come from? Personal likeness I guess? No Portugal player ever measured up to CR7 and no one in sight to do so yet.

NB I'm an avid fan of Realmadrid since 2001

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is The Financial Reward For Winning The Npfl Tittle? / See Sure Betting Tips : Borussia Dortmund Vs Real Madrid / Daily Free Games For You.......free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.